Skip to main content
Topic: Victorian State Election (Read 33523 times) previous topic - next topic

Victorian State Election

RIP Coalition

Re: Victorian State Election

Reply #1
Coalition doing their best impression of our season.....and nailing it.  ;)

Reply #3
Like a 120 point floggin'
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
I love the way they stand in front of the camera and claim the Federal situation had little influence.

I said to the missus watching the broadcast, they don't get it, they think regardless of who we vote for they can pick or flip whatever leader they like!

Most people vote for people not parties, and when the Federal Coalition kiboshed Turnbull whether you like him or not they exposed themselves as backstabbers and they'll pay for that in much the same way the ALP paid for it's leadership turmoil.

As for claiming federal politics pay little part in state politics, good luck getting that through to Joe Average.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Fist pump emoji!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
I love the way they stand in front of the camera and claim the Federal situation had little influence.

I said to the missus watching the broadcast, they don't get it, they think regardless of who we vote for they can pick or flip whatever leader they like!

Most people vote for people not parties, and when the Federal Coalition kiboshed Turnbull whether you like him or not they exposed themselves as backstabbers and they'll pay for that in much the same way the ALP paid for it's leadership turmoil.

As for claiming federal politics pay little part in state politics, good luck getting that through to Joe Average.

Spot on. I wonder if you were watching Fryenberg's response to what had happened, as I was with Mrs Baggers? All he did was succeed as coming across as a knob in denial.

When the Stiffs (LP/conservatives) reflected the values of Menzies (moderate) they seemed relevant and competitive but with this drift to the hard right/fundamentalism, they've started stinking the place up (especially with the in-fighting between the moderates and the hard right lunies... Tony and co.).

No secret to Andrews success... he said he was going to do a few things and FMD, he's actually doing what he said  :o :o :o
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
Spot on. I wonder if you were watching Fryenberg's response to what had happened, as I was with Mrs Baggers? All he did was succeed as coming across as a knob in denial.

When the Stiffs (LP/conservatives) reflected the values of Menzies (moderate) they seemed relevant and competitive but with this drift to the hard right/fundamentalism, they've started stinking the place up (especially with the in-fighting between the moderates and the hard right lunies... Tony and co.).

No secret to Andrews success... he said he was going to do a few things and FMD, he's actually doing what he said  :o :o :o

It will never catch on Baggers!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
They have copped an absolute pounding, will most likely be in opposition for the next decade, but if they end up with Kroger getting the arse it will actually be a positive night for the Liberals.

Old mate Jeff asking him to resign in live TV (to his face) followed by Dan Andrews smack down on Insiders this morning is just about my political highlight for the year.

Absolutely detest him.

Reply #9
I think the appointment of Mathew Guy as their leader was a fatal blow for the Libs and likely the major factor at play. He is just not likeable and appears, to me anyway, as always carping or preaching in a most disingenuous way. So before even looking at what he stands for, I am offside! I remember my sales training from many years ago that it is awfully hard to bring yourself to buy something from a person you don't like.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
I think the appointment of Mathew Guy as their leader was a fatal blow for the Libs and likely the major factor at play. He is just not likeable and appears, to me anyway, as always carping or preaching in a most disingenuous way. So before even looking at what he stands for, I am offside! I remember my sales training from many years ago that it is awfully hard to bring yourself to buy something from a person you don't like.

I worked in the department that included planning when Matthew Guy was planning minister and it would be disrespectful to sh1thouse rats to say that he was as shifty as those creatures.

He was always going to struggle as leader and particularly with Kroger as a millstone around his neck.

It’s a pity that John Pesutto lost his seat.  He is positively statesmanlike in comparison.

Reply #11

Matt Guy has zero personality and the Libs went the crime/policing route.....Andrews went with the things he has done and has a better persona..not a fan of either party by the way and the same for Fed election.....cant stand that dummy Bill Shorten and ditto for ScoMo or his buffoon mate Matthias Cormann.....

Reply #12
Matt Guy has zero personality and the Libs went the crime/policing route.....Andrews went with the things he has done and has a better persona..not a fan of either party by the way and the same for Fed election.....cant stand that dummy Bill Shorten and ditto for ScoMo or his buffoon mate Matthias Cormann.....

:))
Have you seen the Cormann/Arnie character on Micallef?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
DJC - I'm reading this and my experiences are the same.  I think Andrews is doing a lot of things right but the internal functioning of some departments, such as DEDJTRXYZ (or whatever it called this week) is diabolically bad.  In fact, I'd call some departments in the old Primary Industries sphere such as ESR non-functional.  Whomever was the last minister overseeing that mess should be held to task.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #14
:))
Have you seen the Cormann/Arnie character on Micallef?

No...but I see the similarities..... ;) hopefully Cormann wont be back next election.....you see him in question time and he is a master deflector, answers nothing and has this smirk on his face the whole time.
None of them are any good, Shorten wants to steal my franking credits just as I am about to retire, the Greens just annoy me and Pauline has teamed up with Mark Latham???..
Think the animal welfare party might be my only option......