Skip to main content
Topic: Knee replacements (Read 4361 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Knee replacements

Reply #15
In Tassie on the phone. Posting not the best at the moment. Sorry for your loss cookie. Not sure if its a recent one but condolences anyway. I was a long,high ,triple jumper as a youngster. As a result of that abuse I required a knee replacement at 55
I was in constant discomforting . even jogging was painful. Recovery from the tkr took about 12 months. After  that I was able to sprint and jump quite well. No pain. Take off feels good on that  leg. The only problem is with  landing and taking off from the leg in the triple jump so that's off the agenda. Totally against doctors orders but so far so good.

Bionic man Lods?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
I had mine at age 56
A result o fbeing an average cricketer, indoor cricketer, footballer and tennis player

Reply #17
I had mine at age 56
A result o fbeing an average cricketer, indoor cricketer, footballer and tennis player

Curious, what was the actual injury that meant a replacement was required?

Reply #18
@ krudds

I've had knee pain for about 8 years. Kept tearing the meniscus and athritis. The pain continually got worse. I've had 3 arthroscopes on the bad knee as well as a tibial osteotomy as well as 2 athroscopes on my "good"knee. The tibial osteotomy was more of a delaying op.
I'm hoping the sore hip is a result of my altered walking action although I doubt it. I'll see if that settles down over the next 6 months and hopefully the left knee doesn't worsen

Reply #19
@ krudds

I've had knee pain for about 8 years. Kept tearing the meniscus and athritis. The pain continually got worse. I've had 3 arthroscopes on the bad knee as well as a tibial osteotomy as well as 2 athroscopes on my "good"knee. The tibial osteotomy was more of a delaying op.
I'm hoping the sore hip is a result of my altered walking action although I doubt it. I'll see if that settles down over the next 6 months and hopefully the left knee doesn't worsen

Hope it works out well for you C4E. I know from observation what you are going through.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Cheers Cookie
Had the 11 week old grandson overnight Saturday, today it's a little sorer.
The pain is worth it  :D

Reply #22
Cant believe this is so sad to see , hope not as bad as the original

Reply #24
If our lot ever needed motivation not to waste their opportunities this must surely be it.

You just never know what might happen tomorrow, take your chances!
The Force Awakens!