Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436625 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1605
Cleaner at the old man's aged care home, BaptCare, tested positive for C-19. Must commend BaptCare on their regular updates to me personally re the situation there and the old man's condition. He's tested negative on the first round of tests, 2nd round today. I told them that the C-19 virus would drop dead if it made contact with my father due to his body being soaked in whiskey - got a laugh. Fingers crossed for the next round of tests... with bad emphysema the old man's chances are pretty slim if he got the bug.
Hoping for a negative result for your father, the whiskey part gave me a chuckle though.

Reply #1606
It will be interesting to see the response...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/oct/01/morrison-governments-covid-19-aged-care-preparation-insufficient-royal-commission-finds?CMP=soc_567&fbclid=IwAR3Stc-X33necFf9oyOQYdFvJfH77AbOhWsFOQWW3RDVzY7fSjPv-cadcS4
Yes, social media can blame the States and Premiers as much as they like, but authorities and courts know the Feds are ultimately responsible for COVID type situations and have been for years. It's doesn't matter what ScoMo or other Fed Ministers claim on the TV, the officials, lawyers, judges and bureaucrats know the law, when the bills were passed and what they mean.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1607
Yes, social media can blame the States and Premiers as much as they like, but authorities and courts know the Feds are ultimately responsible for COVID type situations and have been for years. It's doesn't matter what ScoMo or other Fed Ministers claim on the TV, the officials, lawyers, judges and bureaucrats know the law, when the bills were passed and what they mean.

Yep, damning stuff. But, hey, most of us who've had anything to do with aged care, in any capacity, know it is 'minimal' just about everything and a cash cow for the owners.

Now let's sit back and watch the ducking and weaving.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1608
Sooooo, when people blame Dan for Vics 2nd wave, people arc up and say  "Dan didnt spread the virus" but youre saying "Feds and Scomo spread the virus"? Interesting.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1609
Sooooo, when people blame Dan for Vics 2nd wave, people arc up and say  "Dan didnt spread the virus" but youre saying "Feds and Scomo spread the virus"? Interesting.
Really? No. If you’re asking for absolute responsibility on the one hand, don’t NOT ask for it in the next. I mean really!?

Reply #1610
I think some on here are so stuck on looking for blame over responsibility, it's become confusion of the two.

COVID isn't spread by any authority, unless you think like Trump and blame the Chinese, of course the Chinese blame the USA for bringing COVID to Wuhan during the war games in late 2019.

Who is to the blame for the outbreak doesn't alter who is responsible for Federal Emergency health in Aged Care. Fundamentally, COVID was a Federal responsibility from day one, and more so once the UN declared it a pandemic.

The state of Aged Care was crap long before COVID, it's just that COVID found the appalling conditions to it's liking! ScoMo and the other Feds can't escape that responsibility, the minute the Federal Health crisis that is called COVID setup home in Aged Care facilities, it was beholding to the Federal Gov to act on it's Federal responsibilities, technically it didn't have the option to say sorry Out of Bounds yet that is the picture it is now trying to paint. That is patently wrong, but that doesn't mean the State is off the hook either and of course the State shares responsibility for what has happened.

Voters and citizens should be calling out the horrendous obfuscation, not picking a side for political reasons!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1611
I think some on here are so stuck on blame look for blame over responsibility, it's become confusion of the two.

COVID isn't spread by any authority, unless you think like Trump and blame the Chinese, of course the Chinese blame the USA for bringing COVID to Wuhan during the war games in late 2019.

Who is to the blame for the outbreak doesn't alter who is responsible for Federal Emergency health in Aged Care. Fundamentally, COVID was a Federal responsibility from day one, and more so once the UN declared it a pandemic.

The state of Aged Care was crap long before COVID, it's just that COVID found the appalling conditions to it's liking! ScoMo and the other Feds can't escape that responsibility, the minute the Federal Health crisis called COVID setup home in Aged Care facilities it was beholding to the Federal Gov to act on it's Federal responsibilities, technically it didn't have the option to say sorry Out of Bounds yet that is the picture it is now trying to paint. That is patently wrong, but that doesn't mean the State is off the hook either and of course the State shares responsibility for what has happened.

Voters and citizens should be calling out the horrendous obfuscation, not picking a side for political reasons!
100%, go back and check all my posts, I have maintained all along this aint about which team you follow. All I am asking for is accountability and consequences for those who f-ed up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1612
100%, go back and check all my posts, I have maintained all along this aint about which team you follow. All I am asking for is accountability and consequences for those who f-ed up.

For some people here criticizing Daniel Andrews is like bagging Marc Murphy.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1613
Outbreaks are hard to contain when an individual went to work when they knew they had to isolate, even though isolation payments are available.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1614
Some casual workers would fear losing their contract if they didn't turn up so it's not just a question of wages loss. I have some knowledge of companies that use casuals and they can be pretty ruthless about this stuff.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1615

Yep, and apart from a few of us I think the consensus is that this stuff up was something of a team effort!

C-19 exposed so many cracks, mm, nuh, canyons in our systems and our unpreparedness for a pandemic... despite warnings from medical folks for, literally, decades.

For mine, in a nutshell, this 'self-regulation' concept needs an overhaul and with, ultimately, accountability to govt.

Live animal/wild animal markets + poor regulation (in any country) + poor health management in general in poorer countries/regions + poor intergovernmental communication/lines of accountability (fed and state) + poorly trained private security companies + slow reaction time to 2nd outbreak + pathetic, even embarrassing aged care standards / accountability = disaster waiting to happen.

In the first lockdowns I thought all states and the feds were on the same page and we, along with NZ, led the world... bloody ripper response.

But, holy cr@p, the 2nd wave in Melbourne revealed the squabbles, politicking, blatant incompetence and buck-passing.

The feds have got to overhaul aged care and get fair dinkum about it. These folks deserve quality of life and all that entails, not kept alive on the basics until they kark it.

Dan reckons the buck stops with him, and he has acknowledged and apologized for the monumental c0ckups in Melbourne. One minister fell on her sword... but it cannot ALL be her fault, nah, not buying it. There are some senior public servants who are also accountable but they're hiding behind the scapegoat's resignation (Health Minister).

There needs to be a Royal Commission into the Vic pandemic response failures, with more heads to roll - no more scapegoats to relieve the pressure/hide behind, and some weak as p1ss people are hiding behind her resignation... as you say, GTC, accountability across the board.

As for Dan, well, there are some leaders who would take responsibility -- which he says he does -- but then they would do the honourable thing and resign, as well. BUT... look at the drongos (on both sides) who would step into the State Premiership. Dan might be the best of a pretty p1ss poor bunch... hopefully there's a potential leader here in Victorian politics that we don't know about yet. If so, I hope he/she comes forward... soon!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1616
As for Dan, well, there are some leaders who would take responsibility -- which he says he does -- but then they would do the honourable thing and resign, as well. BUT... look at the drongos (on both sides) who would step into the State Premiership. Dan might be the best of a pretty p1ss poor bunch... hopefully there's a potential leader here in Victorian politics that we don't know about yet. If so, I hope he/she comes forward... soon!
Just dig a big hole....
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1617
Why do you think I was targeting your posts?

What are the consequences for the Feds, I'm assuming there will be some in addition to the calls for State heads?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1618

For some people here criticizing Daniel Andrews is like bagging Marc Murphy.
Perhaps, but then blaming sMurphy for all that is wrong at Carlton is just another type of misplaced scapegoating.

Just like blaming Andrews for all that is wrong with Aged Care and the National Covid response, some of us didn't realise when NSW numbers dropped after the shipped the boat loads out that COVID was all finished, and that we could ignore the increased risk of the thousands of returning international travellers funnelled through Melbourne Airport!

No worries, I best develop a myopic political focus on one solitary aspect of the COVID situation and allow all others contributors to the problem escape genuine surveillance.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1619
Mikakos has basically accused Dictator Dan of lying at the enquiry.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!