Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 11: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 10530 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 11: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
The club publish a Garlett story to go with Indigenous round then don't select him to play!

Ducks and Drakes, I expect a late change! ;)

Its just one more reason why the fans are losing faith in the game.

Garlett will be getting a game for one reason and one reason alone.

Indigenous round.  Its a nice story, but his form has been putrid, and its really hard to make a case to play J. Garlett and IMHO sends everyone the wrong message regarding indigenous round.

Of course, I love the story about him painting boots, and giving them away after a win.  The cynic in me would see us sell off the boots to the highest bidder, but I digress.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #61
Its just one more reason why the fans are losing faith in the game.

Garlett will be getting a game for one reason and one reason alone.

Indigenous round.  Its a nice story, but his form has been putrid, and its really hard to make a case to play J. Garlett and IMHO sends everyone the wrong message regarding indigenous round.

Of course, I love the story about him painting boots, and giving them away after a win.  The cynic in me would see us sell off the boots to the highest bidder, but I digress.

In fairness to Garlett, I think the SCG probably suits him and us as KPF's not playing out of the goal squares are mostly wasted. Playing on the wing and covering lots of turf, occasionally helping to run down Buddy would be ideal, his VFL form wasn't too bad last game and some of my friends thought he was among our better players.

At the moment he doesn't like being hunted, he just needs to bring a bit more aggression to the game when he's got the football as opposed to when he is chasing players down which is generally fine.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-30/vfl-player-review-round-8

Jarrod Garlett
Stats: 18 disposals, 4 clearances
From the coach: Jarrod played mainly on the wing but also up forward, where he used his speed on the outside a couple of times really well and had a good combination of contested and uncontested possessions. We’ll keep giving him exposure on the wing and also as a pressure forward.

It took Jack 3 weeks with these sorts of numbers to come back.

You would be wondering what Mullet might be thinking, with respect to why he isn't getting a game particularly after being the non playing emergency last week.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #63
It took Jack 3 weeks with these sorts of numbers to come back.

You would be wondering what Mullet might be thinking, with respect to why he isn't getting a game particularly after being the non playing emergency last week.

Thry, what is the point of arguing based on numbers if you haven't watched the game live?

The stats although a contributing factor are far from being the whole story. My mates who I trust and who went to the VFL game tell me Garlett was one of the better players despite the low stats, they thought if he worked harder he'd be a class above VFL level. One had Garlett ahead of SoJ for a recall, because despite the good numbers from SoJ he still burned team-mates with poor disposal quite a bit. If SoJ does that on the small SCG the Swans are just one clean kick away from scoring.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-30/vfl-player-review-round-8

Jarrod Garlett
Stats: 18 disposals, 4 clearances
From the coach: Jarrod played mainly on the wing but also up forward, where he used his speed on the outside a couple of times (I must have blinked once or twice at the wrong time) really well and had a good combination of contested and uncontested possessions. We’ll keep giving him exposure on the wing and also as a pressure forward (I'd like to see him apply more pressure).

Reply #65
Bring a jumper, it's cold!

No late changes evidently
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #66
Cripps is wearing a mattress on his thigh......
Football is life, there is nothing else....