Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Practice Match Carlton vs Richmond (Read 1141 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Practice Match Carlton vs Richmond

Supposedly, we will be playing a practice match against Richmond at Richmond before the start of the main game. I do not know how much I will see of it, but I will record what I can. I do not expect there to be football records; after all, there have been none for entire AFLW season so far.

Hopefully somebody else can be there and see what there is to see. I would be very happy to see us pound the VFL Tiggers: they are as arrogant as their AFL clowns.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Practice Match Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
Crash, are they playing at Punt Road?

Reply #2
Crash, are they playing at Punt Road?
They did, but I wasn't allowed in. It looked like nobody was.
For all that, we won quite well.
We haven't beaten Richmond for some years now in the VFL, so that bodes well.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Any match reports available anywhere? Jack Carroll is from my town in WA and saw him play quite a bit of junior footy....apparently very good in the practice match against St Kilda so curious to see how he went again.

Reply #4
Any match reports available anywhere? Jack Carroll is from my town in WA and saw him play quite a bit of junior footy....apparently very good in the practice match against St Kilda so curious to see how he went again.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/882098/reserves-practice-match-report-tigers-v-blues

Reply #5
Crocker another three goals, seems like a good converter and not doing his chances down the track of a recall to AFL footy any harm.
Like to see Matt Kennedy get another go, maybe for the injured JSOS..

Reply #6
PaulP put up the link. There is also a highlights package showing all of our goals. Some good ball movement there. Carroll was mentioned.

RICHMOND           0.1       3.3        8.4             9.9 (63)
CARLTON               3.6       5.7        8.12          13.13 (91)

GOALS
Carlton: Crocker 3, Betts 2, Cottrell, Cuningham, Durdin, KennedyOwies, Parsons, Stocker, Wooller

BESTS
Carlton: Williams, Cottrell, Kennedy, Stocker, Betts, Wooller, Delaney, Stoddart

The Blues will take confidence from the depth developing on the list. The likes of Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Cottrell, Jack Carroll and Liam Stocker all played important midfield roles in the impressive win.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
I think we usually lose this game as well as the big one at the |G. Might be getting a bit of depth into the squad.

Reply #8
I think we usually lose this game as well as the big one at the |G. Might be getting a bit of depth into the squad.
Indeed. We haven't won this since we last won the seniors. It bodes well, especially as the ruckman, Gundry, went off injured and Wooler stepped up and did the job. Usually they smash us in the middle. This time we returned the favour.
Live Long and Prosper!