Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2020 Rd 4: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 9302 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2020 Rd 4: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #90
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-essendon-vs-carlton-mro-tribunal-michael-christian-jack-silvagni-zach-merrett-ribs-kidney-back-afl-injury-news/news-story/73f7de498417631e8c7ae3e5914e2800

All ok according to Mitch "Mensa" Robinson.

So it happens 15 times a game... so how often does it result in a broken bone and a bruised major organ? If those 15 other 'love taps' are comparable to what Silvagni had happen to him does that mean we're losing 15 blokes a game? The comparisons and logic are foolish and just plain dumb.

Perhaps Merrett is a protected species and I'm just not aware of it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #91
The channel 7 commentary seemed confused about how a fist to the ribs could do so much damage.

I mentioned earlier he likely had a cracked rib as he looked to be short of breath. Cracked, fractured, broken, same risk of functional lung damage. Hence SOJ was SOB☹

Those dimwits commentating are clueless. As such, they should reserve commentary for their area of expertise. It has an inevitable potential to bias decision making imo.

Jack will take 1 week or much more (remember Casboult in Adelaide) to recover fully. Merrett will be rested and ready to complete fully in 1 week. Make sense 🤔
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #92
Cornes the knob said its in the act of tackling. With a clenched fist Kane you moron.
There are two correct things in this post, and neither of them was said by Kane Cornes.
[1] Clenched fist. Deliberate. Fractured a rib and bruised a lung. Guilty!
[2] Kane Cornes is truly a moron. How he passed the Idiot Exam, I will never understand. I could go on, but that would merely suggest that I care what comes out of his mouth. Don't bother listening to his crap and you'll not only feel better, there won't be so much faecal matter approaching your eardrums.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #93
There are two correct things in this post, and neither of them was said by Kane Cornes.
[1] Clenched fist. Deliberate. Fractured a rib and bruised a lung. Guilty!
[2] Kane Cornes is truly a moron. How he passed the Idiot Exam, I will never understand. I could go on, but that would merely suggest that I care what comes out of his mouth. Don't bother listening to his crap and you'll not only feel better, there won't be so much faecal matter approaching your eardrums.

Unfortunately from time to time dogs get fleas. The AFL reporting fraternity has Cornes.

Reply #94
I don't know what I'm more disappointed in, the one week penalty or the fact that there was no retribution on the field.

Reply #95
Cheats.com.au came to play, which made our victory just that bit more meaningful.

We were a 3-5 goal better side and must bring more efficiency and composure up forward and general ruthlessness.

I reckon this was the 'break out' game for Cuningham. I have been strong in my criticism of his inability to do more than give a few terrific/teasing cameos per game. This game was his. He had more attention after half time and was quietened a little and he will learn from that and understand that with his improvement will come attention. But last night he announced himself as a ridgy-didge dangerous mid. His reflex disposals to advantage, either by hand or foot, were sublime. Now to repeat this, week in, week out.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I hope Philp gets another senior gig now that first game nerves are gone. He showed things later in the game which were worthy of perseverance... but... his post game interview had hints of 'back to the Magoos' to learn more.

Still not convinced on Newnes. Setterfield, my other 'not sure' bloke, did more but these 'kick and hope' disposals have to stop. His disposals by hand are really good... still seems hesitant at times.

Murphy stepping up with great decisions well executed under serious heat in the final qtr were simply sensational. Brilliant.

Winning when Crippa is going along just okay is important, very important, in the development of this side.

We need to really put away a few sides to cement this growing belief. Not out of the 'psychological woods' (re consistency/handling pressure) yet... should have put cheats.com.au out of business in the third, looked like a little too much over-eagerness and perhaps even not quite coming to grips with how damn good we are when we're 'on.' Real belief is when you get in front and build on the lead - foot on throat syndrome/killer instinct... still a little brittle in the 'ruthless' area and we have to have that to be a finals threat.

Reply #96
I don't know what I'm more disappointed in, the one week penalty or the fact that there was no retribution on the field.
Yeah, I initially had similar thoughts, but I think most of them had no idea what had happened.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #97
Just watched the reply.   We should have won this game by 6+ goals,  we really should be beating average teams like the numbers.

We have a number of blokes who's form is a worry.   Walsh.   Plowman - gees he coughs up some goals and SPS - he's picking and choosing too much for my liking.

Not matter what the AFL says,  that penalty against Betts was just wrong.   If anything,  he was checked - illegally too I might add.  We always play 21 against that mob.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #98
The media bent is that everyone we defeat played rubbish, so we must be lucky!

Ratten won't fall into that trap, I suspect he and The Aints will be out to make a statement!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #99
Not matter what the AFL says,  that penalty against Betts was just wrong.   If anything,  he was checked - illegally too I might add.  We always play 21 against that mob.

What happened to the old "EAST WEST"

No players were allowed to be east or west of the man on the mark. Had to be behind him, not to the side.
So the ump should've told the kicker to go back and do it again AFTER he removed the bloke who blocked him.

Reply #100
The media cans Clarkson for saying the game style is trashing the brand, then you get a turd burgler like Michael Gleeson write rubbish like this;
Carlton’s victory over Essendon was delivered by accident. The most effective ‘falcon’ the game has seen ensured that what would have been the match-winning goal was touched on the line by Liam Jones’ face.

Maybe it touched fingers on the way through to Jones but it was the bounce off the bonce that made sure the kick was not a goal.
Firstly, he paints doubt with the "Maybe" rubbish, despite video showing the ball deflected off hands into Jones' head! Then he credits the event as the Falcon that saved the world!

Jones is lucky it didn't bounce off his bonce back towards the field of play!

If you want to uncover what is wrong with footy, start with these overpaid hacks using the media as a platform to drive opinion!

If you think I'm going too hard at Gleeson, this is what he writes about McKay being out.
Casboult was a player without position for periods last year as he was used variously as a forward, in the ruck and, out of desperation, in defence. He was squeezed out by the emergence of Harry McKay and Curnow and the arrival of Mitch McGovern all in the forward line.

Presently he is keeping McKay out of the side and easing the pressure on McGovern.
Only someone who doesn't follow our club or barely watches a game could swallow this tripe!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #101
....then pushes some dribble about the free against Betts being justified.

Just another bumbers pushing sycophant.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #102
They are a cohesive unit, particularly down back.

Petrevski-Seton Jones Plowman
Docherty Weitering Simpson
(with Williamson, Stocker, Marchbank, as back up)

getting closer and closer to;

Hogg Silvagni Dean
McKay Sexton Christou
(with Hanna,  Manton, Whitehead as back up)

Reply #103
Yeah, I initially had similar thoughts, but I think most of them had no idea what had happened.

Not at the time but they would've after half time.

Reply #104
Just watched the reply.   We should have won this game by 6+ goals,  

Both coaches probably thought so to. For a game that was decided by 1 point, both camps thought that we had the more dominant players.

COACHES VOTE
Essendon vs Carlton
8 Levi Casboult (CARL)
8 David Cuningham (CARL)
8 Sam Docherty (CARL)
4 Marc Pittonet (CARL)
1 Jordan Ridley (ESS)
1 Mitch McGovern (CARL)