Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 18: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 13492 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 18: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #45
I believe so.   I thought he was contracted for 2019 though?

Maybe destined to become a steak knife?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
indeed. yes end 2019.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #48
Maybe destined to become a steak knife?

As much as I have a bit of a soft spot for Levi, there is a part of me that really wants to see the back of him. And when it happens, I hope the effect is similar to when Richmond let go of Vickery.

Reply #49
As much as I have a bit of a soft spot for Levi, there is a part of me that really wants to see the back of him. And when it happens, I hope the effect is similar to when Richmond let go of Vickery.

Fair enough too...I had a bit of faith in Levi to improve and be that 2nd ruck/forward option but he has stagnated and for him and the club its probably better we part company and the club invests the time in Mckay, TDK, and Kerr.

Reply #50
Levi and Vickery are incomparable IMO. Levi despite his limitations is a hard worker and solid citizen. Vickery is a knob.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #51
Hey,  careful mate,  calling Vickery a knob is unfair to knobs.   He's way further along the flog highway than knob level.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #52
Levi and Vickery are incomparable IMO. Levi despite his limitations is a hard worker and solid citizen. Vickery is a knob.

Levi's a nice guy and works hard, and I reckon does everything asked of him. But I'm sure he's also a coach killer, and frankly, a fan killer as well at times.

It would be easier to type this if he was a douche bag, but he's decent. So no enjoyment from me on this one.

Reply #53
CARLTON
B: Jack Silvagni, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas
HB: Ciaran Byrne, Caleb Marchbank, Kade Simpson
C: Marc Murphy, Patrick Cripps, Lochie O'Brien
HF: Jarrod Pickett, Charlie Curnow, Sam Petrevski-Seton
F: Darcy Lang, Harry McKay, Cameron Polson
R: Matthew Lobbe, Ed Curnow, Paddy Dow
Int: Sam Rowe, Matthew Kennedy, Jed Lamb, Matthew Wright
Emg: Cameron O'Shea, Levi Casboult, Jarrod Garlett, Nick Graham

IN: Dale Thomas, Ciaran Byrne, Darcy Lang, Sam Rowe, Jed Lamb

OUT: Zac Fisher (Injured), Levi Casboult (Omitted), Matt Shaw (Omitted), Nick Graham (Omitted), Liam Jones (Injured)

I wonder what Nick Graham did wrong last week? Otherwise ...
This team is really looking like the Northern Blues at the moment.

GOLD COAST SUNS
B: Michael Rischitelli, Rory Thompson, Jarrod Harbrow
HB: Jesse Joyce, Steven May, Kade Kolodjashnij
C: Lachie Weller, Jesse Lonergan, Brayden Fiorini
HF: Alex Sexton, Peter Wright, Wil Powell
F: Jacob Heron, Aaron Young, Sean Lemmens
R: Jarrod Witts, Will Brodie, Touk Miller
Int: David Swallow, Nick Holman, Jack Bowes, Jarryd Lyons
Emg: Brad Scheer, Jack Leslie, Jacob Dawson, Michael Barlow

IN: Brayden Fiorini, David Swallow, Jack Bowes

OUT: Charlie Ballard (Injured), Callum Ah Chee (Illness), Brayden Crossley (Injured)

Wish the game was on the box, but it isn't. I won't see another one. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
Had that bad car crash did Levi where he was lucky to walk away and probably more famous for the booze cruise than any football related playing feats....

Reply #55
Graham and Shaw a bit stiff IMHO.

Happy with the ins although I think Schumacher might have been worth a game on his last game.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #56
Much better balanced side this week.   Need to see a lot more movement, run and spread. Certainly picked the blokes for it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #57
They showed some footage on fox footy last night of our defenders. It was footage of Bruest and the players playing on him. The footage showed players rolling on and off him (handover) in the d50, eventually, they farked it up, he got left alone, he got the ball and kicked a goal. To me it showed a lack of attention to detail, poor communication and not adhering to structures. Hopefully they learn from this and with maturity this stuff is eliminated.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #58
Suns very small and nippy up forward, there ins are all good quality mids..they are really looking to burn us for pace, our backline looks slow and Rowe aint going to help that apart from maybe taking 2m Peter.....Weitering might be handy with his intercept marking but you would think the Suns will run the footy rather than just bang it in.....
That FB line of ours wont be winning any Olympic relay events...thats very slow.....

Be a good test for Harry and Charlie..one of them is going to have May for company, last time Thompson and May waxed getting some easy ball as we just bombed it in...need Charlie dragging the likes of May up the ground and burning him for pace....

Will Brodie is an interesting player from our viewpoint IMO.....

Reply #59

;D ;D
Finals, then 4 in a row!