Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: AFL Rd 15: Carlton vs GWS (Read 1325 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: AFL Rd 15: Carlton vs GWS

It seems like only yesterday that I voted last.
I haven't closed off the thread for the Collingwood game yet and I won't until Friday at the earliest. I didn't finish watching the replay until today, so I could vote realistically.
Remember:
[1] 15 votes in total
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player (even Cripps)
[3] Three players at least must get a mention.
[4] A grade for the game, A+ (what I want to see) to F-.

Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: AFL Rd 15: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #1
Team D

8 Sam Walsh
6 Jacob Weitering
1 Docherty

Reply #2
Team C - Pretty much same as last week so get's the same rating regardless of how painful it is.

4 Weitering - Our best I thought. Should have the B&F wrapped up.
2 Walsh - Another solid effort by the kid. showing up a lot of our more experienced players. If he doesn't win the B&F should get the most consistent (if we have one?)
2 Curnow - Same old same old. Put this blokes commitment into all the other useless C&%$s bodies and we would not lose a game.
2 Docherty - Actually think he got better as the game went on.
1 Jones - Played reasonably well apart from a couple of brain-fades, but every time, and I mean every time he goes near the ball I s#!t myself.
1 Martin - Thought he was good. We are a better team with him in the side.
1 McKay - Serious deficiencies in his kicking. Could be SO much better. Why can't we fix it? Even the goal he kicked in the first from 15m out directly in front JUST scrapped in FFS.
1 Pittonet - Did better than I thought he would to tell you the truth, but he just doesn't do enough around the ground and his kicking at goal is worse than Harry's.
1 Williamson - No point in trying to defend this bloke. Get's bagged a lot but 1. One of the few GOOD LONG kicks in our team and 2. Is being played off half-back. Let’s play him on a wing and utilise his attributes

Reply #3
Team: C

5: Walsh
4: Weitering
1: Williamson
1: Jones
1: Murphy
1; McKay
1: Martin
1: Docherty

Reply #4
Team E:

7: Weitering
3: Curnow
2: Jones
2: Walsh
1: Setterfield

Reply #5
Team: D

5. Weitering
4. Walsh
3. Pittonet
2. Docherty
1. Murphy

Reply #6
Team B

4 Weiters
3 Walsh
2 Jones
1 Willo
1 Murphy
1 McKay
1 Martin
1 Docherty
1 Pitto

HM Ed - solid and consistent. Copped some heat. Fisher for his flashes
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
Team: C

4: Weitering
3: Walsh
2: Murphy
2: Curnow
1: Williamson
1: Jones
1; McKay
1: Pittonet

Reply #8

Team C.

5. Weitering
4. Walsh
3. Curnow
1. Murphy
1. Jones
1. Docherty

I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #9
Team:   C
I can’t be too critical, we led for most of the night and should have won. That the game was a disappointing spectacle, that I can’t do much about. As for our kicking, well, the less said the better.

Votes:
[3.5]   Jacob Weitering:
[2.5]   Sam Walsh
[1.5]   Ed Curnow
[1.5]   Marc Murphy
[1.5]   Harry McKay
[1.5]   Sam Docherty
[1]   Jack Martin
[0.5]   Marc Pittonet
[0.5]   Liam Jones
[0.5]   Tom Williamson
[0.5]   Cameron Polson

Explanations:
I had real difficulty voting this week. There were a lot of contests, but nothing much happened and very few players stood out. A lot of players did jobs but may otherwise have been invisible.
[3.5]   Jacob Weitering:   Weitering played a great game. He kept Jeremy Cameron almost touchless, while marking and spoiling brilliantly. Kudos for the effort on someone who is so highly touted.
[2.5]   Sam Walsh:   Walsh didn’t have a brilliant game. It appeared that he set upon every time he got the ball. But he did make things happen that others couldn’t.
[1.5]   Ed Curnow   A really gutsy role. Notice the numbers of the Giants’ mids. Way down.
[1.5]   Marc Murphy:   Murphy had a solid game. Had he managed to kick a goal; we just might have won.
[1.5]   Harry McKay:   H was the only forward on the ground to really get the better of his opponent. But it could have been so much better. The number of times he got his hands to the ball but couldn’t complete the mark was heartbreaking. Then his kicking was diabolical. He had 6 gettable shots, for 1 goal 3 behinds! Therein lies the game.
[1.5]   Sam Docherty:   Docherty was very strong in defence.
[1]   Jack Martin   So near and yet so far. Twice in the last quarter alone he had opportunities to goal and didn’t even score. His rundown of Whitfield was excellent, as was his kick for goal. But when it mattered, he didn’t want to take the shot, or didn’t have a left food. With just a little more desire, he could have won the match.
[0.5]   Marc Pittonet:   Strong in the rock, but not a lot on the ground. He had 2 chances to goal, for 1 poster and one nothing. Both gettable shots. That poster was very stiff. Unfortunately, it was his relative lack of form that has reduced our effectiveness in the middle.
[0.5]   Liam Jones:   Liam didn’t get enough of the ball, but he destroyed his opponents. His negative work was brilliant. But I’d love some more drive from him. He doesn’t seem to have the confidence to really fly for the ball at the moment.
[0.5]   Tom Williamson:   Willo got a fair bit of ball and generally kept his opponents on the ultimate diet. But the errors! They were killers!
[0.5]   Cameron Polson:   Not our worst player and not our worst kick by some margin, Polson was not to blame for our loss. He even provided some run. But mostly he stuck to his man. We really need our defenders to run away from their opponents.

Honourable Mentions:
Kade Simpson:   Not a huge night, but one where he did a good job.
Will Setterfied:   Not as good as he has been, but a solid citizen in the middle.
Patrick Cripps:      Crippa is not getting tagged. He is getting mobbed. He gets attacked by millions whenever he gets the ball. He doesn’t look 100% fit either, nor does it look like his head is quite in the right place. But he kept going. His 2nd half was much better than his first.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
With only a handful of people having voted yet and the next game already upon us, I probably should close this thread. But I won't. However, any voters, vote soon.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
Team C

5 Walsh
4 Weitering
3 Murphy
2 Ed
1 Martin
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Team: C-

5 - Weitering
4 - Walsh
3 - Murphy
2 - Curnow
1 - Docherty
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
I close this thread tomorrow, so there is a last chance to vote. It seems reasonable given the way the games are so close.
Thank you to those who have bothered.
Live Long and Prosper!