Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2023 Rd 16 Carlton vs Coburg at Coburg (Read 1577 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2023 Rd 16 Carlton vs Coburg at Coburg

Reply #15
I didn't see anything but am i right in thinking both Ed and George were missing for the 1's?

Reply #17
I didn't see anything but am i right in thinking both Ed and George were missing for the 1's?

Always declared that they would take 3 emergencies. Ed, George and Cowan are the ones.

Reply #18
I'd reckon Young would want to impress in the AFL ruck, because even off a limited amount of footy so far it looks to me like Sam Durdin and Marchbank are going to move past him in D50 priority.

Binns is smallish but a great runner, terrific ball user, between him and Hollands we should be pretty well accommodated for that type going forward.

I thought the setup yesterday really suited the list, Ronke and Cahill in F50 at the foot of the packs let Hollands and Binns get up the field and Motlop could float around play without us losing run or momentum.

Not sure about the Coburg opposition, and the way the AFL teams manage player game time in VFL it can be a bit hard to tell who is really match fit and who isn't.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
I'd reckon Young would want to impress in the AFL ruck, because even off a limited amount of footy so far it looks to me like Sam Durdin and Marchbank are going to move past him in D50 priority.

Binns is smallish but a great runner, terrific ball user, between him and Hollands we should be pretty well accommodated for that type going forward.

I thought the setup yesterday really suited the list, Ronke and Cahill in F50 at the foot of the packs let Hollands and Binns get up the field and Motlop could float around play without us losing run or momentum.

Not sure about the Coburg opposition, and the way the AFL teams manage player game time in VFL it can be a bit hard to tell who is really match fit and who isn't.
1 HTA from 61 attempts last week is the work effort i've seen from a 'ruck' in years since i've been keeping an eye on it.
More luck turning him into a forward....not that we need him there either.

Reply #20
Jaxon Binns is Another Level.

Reply #21
Jaxon Binns is Another Level.
I'd like to see him rewarded with a game but I can't see the coach making changes to the team unless they are injury related or returning key players.