Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 17 2023 In Game Angst Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 2328 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 17 2023 In Game Angst Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #15
How many are finding teammates with enough time to actually get rid of it?
Not many.

Just compete with him. Let him get a million hitouts. If only 20 find a teammate, you'd take that given the disparity in ruck talent.

Yep Pitt is out
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
Both teams are really missing easy chances.

Reply #17
Freo certainly lifted in that quarter, but we still have the same 4 goal lead. Keep going lads.

Reply #19
Martin is fumbling too many chances. Needs to be clean.

Reply #20
Freo certainly lifted in that quarter, but we still have the same 4 goal lead. Keep going lads.

Weathered the storm well.

IF we can continue to absorb, when the opposition is pushing, then the moment they let up we can go bang bang bang.

Similar to what we did against Gold Coast a few weeks ago. Tough first quarter. Dominated the 2nd quarter.

Reply #21
Good start, ruck difference isn't hurting and our mids have done well.
Want to win this one, not a fan of sulky Longmuir and I think our better key forwards are the difference.

Reply #22
Plenty of second half upside.  Cunningham, Cerra, Fogarty, Martin, Cottrell all have more to give.  Back line rock solid.

Reply #23
Not a bad 1st half. We look to be the better team but are squandering some chances to put them away. Walsh is killing it at the moment. Plenty of blokes who can improve. Kemp started well but has had a couple of shocking efforts. Small forwards not doing enough. Midfield solid. Need to really pile it on this half.
Go blues

Reply #24
Oh, and if your watching the game I never realised how biased Pavlich was. Talk about one-eyed.

Reply #25
36 hitouts to Darcy
4 to Young.

23 clearances each.

Now if that doesn't tell you how unimportant the hitouts stat is, i don't know what does.
What we need, and they never show it enough, usually until after the game, is the hitouts to advantage stat.

I'd suggest that if Darcy manages anything under 20, then he has failed.
He averages about 11.
He has a RC-HTA% of about 16% usually.

Usually you get about 80 ruck contests.
So from 100 ruck contests, he should get 16 hitouts to advantage against your average opposition.

Reply #26
Kennedy's shot would've been a handy goal but Freo missed a couple of easy ones too.....Karma for Schultz because that ball travelled about 9 metres.

Reply #27
Weitering is backing himself in and has confidence back.
Midfield looks so much better with a match fit Walsh. Cerra has become an A grader.
I’m confident we get this done. Have bigger weapons on all lines.

Reply #28
36 hitouts to Darcy
4 to Young.

23 clearances each.

Now if that doesn't tell you how unimportant the hitouts stat is, i don't know what does.
What we need, and they never show it enough, usually until after the game, is the hitouts to advantage stat.

I'd suggest that if Darcy manages anything under 20, then he has failed.
He averages about 11.
He has a RC-HTA% of about 16% usually.

Usually you get about 80 ruck contests.
So from 100 ruck contests, he should get 16 hitouts to advantage against your average opposition.

Yawn feast. You have your opinion others have theirs. any chance you could  move on

Reply #29
Yawn feast. You have your opinion others have theirs. any chance you could  move on
Who started this conversation?
Perhaps this should be directed at them?