Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 18 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 5131 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 18 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #45
Ive changed my mind on Rozee, I've been impressed this year with his maturity and consistency. I dont however subscribe to theory that we should have drafted him instead of Walsh, not even one iota. I would pick Walsh over Rozee every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Rozee would have gone home and we probably would have got Fantasia as the trade. As you say Walsh everyday of the week. I think Butters will be AA and not far away from Nick Daicos on brownlow day...he is a gun.
I'd expect Port to be physical but I'd be more fearful of their leg speed and skill.
Over rated and over hyped is Allir Allir...soft and I reckon Charlie and Harry will dominate him and the dirtiest player on the ground in Jonas....remember him laying out Gaff..pure thug.

Reply #46
Ive changed my mind on Rozee, I've been impressed this year with his maturity and consistency. I dont however subscribe to theory that we should have drafted him instead of Walsh, not even one iota. I would pick Walsh over Rozee every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I wouldn't choose Rozee ahead of butters at this stage.

Walsh always was the number one pick but everyone would be happy with those draft choices with the exception of the king twins.  Those two are proper injury prone bean poles.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #47
Rozee would have gone home and we probably would have got Fantasia as the trade. As you say Walsh everyday of the week. I think Butters will be AA and not far away from Nick Daicos on brownlow day...he is a gun.
I'd expect Port to be physical but I'd be more fearful of their leg speed and skill.
Over rated and over hyped is Allir Allir...soft and I reckon Charlie and Harry will dominate him and the dirtiest player on the ground in Jonas....remember him laying out Gaff..pure thug.

I think Butters is a jet and would take him in a heart beat. Do yourself a favour, have a look at Daicos's and Butters' numbers for this year. Then have a look at Cerra's and compare them to other two and tell me what you find.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
I think Butters is a jet and would take him in a heart beat. Do yourself a favour, have a look at Daicos's and Butters' numbers for this year. Then have a look at Cerra's and compare them to other two and tell me what you find.

Perhaps do us all a favour and just post the comparison.

Reply #49
Perhaps do us all a favour and just post the comparison.
I did a few weeks ago and posted the link and there were very similar, here is Butters and Cerra compared side by side from footywire.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=14&playerStatus2=A&tid2=4&type=A&pid1=6616&pid2=6476&fid1=S&fid2=S

Daicos v Butters

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=14&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=6616&pid2=6913&fid1=S&fid2=S

Daicos v Cerra

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=4&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=6476&pid2=6913&fid1=S&fid2=S

My point was weeks ago that Butters was second favourite for the Brownlow at the time and Cezz had equal or better averages statically yet he was/is no where to be seen in the market odds. Cezz has had an outstanding season and has flown under the radar somewhat.

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #50
So I'd be betting on Butters, there appears to be a distinct advantage being outside Vic when it comes to Brownlow voting.

Imagine Brownlow night if Butters gets up over Daicos, can you imagine the Filth army the next day!

Gear up your advertisers talkback, there is the possibility of a goldmine heading your way.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51
I did a few weeks ago and posted the link and there were very similar, here is Butters and Cerra compared side by side from footywire.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=14&playerStatus2=A&tid2=4&type=A&pid1=6616&pid2=6476&fid1=S&fid2=S

Daicos v Butters

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=14&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=6616&pid2=6913&fid1=S&fid2=S

Daicos v Cerra

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=4&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=6476&pid2=6913&fid1=S&fid2=S

My point was weeks ago that Butters was second favourite for the Brownlow at the time and Cezz had equal or better averages statically yet he was/is no where to be seen in the market odds. Cezz has had an outstanding season and has flown under the radar somewhat.

Winning teams players always get more kudos and Nick Daicos in particular is an AFL pin up boy. Daicos will get a lot of three votes and Cerra will get ones...

Reply #52

Daicos v Butters

Daicos v Cerra

Thank you.

Reply #53
Winning teams players always get more kudos and Nick Daicos in particular is an AFL pin up boy. Daicos will get a lot of three votes and Cerra will get ones...
I just have this hunch Cezz will surprise a few on Brownlow night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #54
Filth fans will pump up Daicos, but the bulk of his game possessions are like Doc or Saad and he cleans up with give and get running off the HBF. Umpires tend to write that off as empty possessions.

When was the last time someone like Doc or Saad won a Brownlow?

Butters or Cerra are far more impressive and influential.

A great measure is who'd you pick first from their team if you were building a team from scratch and needed a core group, would you more likely pick Butters, Cerra or Daicos? From the Filth I'd have several ahead of Daicos, De Goey, Moore, even Pendlebury and Sidebottom ahead of Daicos still! From Port I'd have Butters just about first, it's hard to argue a clear case for another. From Carlton Cerra is playing himself into the Top 3, hard to displace Cripps and Walsh to form a core, but at the moment Cerra has them on form.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55
N. Daicos from Lachie Neale for the medal.....I see Cerra a bit like Josh Daicos, wont ever get the media love that Nick does.
Zach Merrett is another media love child and I think he will also poll well with the umps as he gets headlined most weeks.

Reply #56
Zach Merrett is another media love child and I think he will also poll well with the umps as he gets headlined most weeks.
Media headlines have zero influence, the votes are already cast!

I think the biggest influence on umpire votes is the crowd, so the Filth have an advantage, but Butters and other interstate types even more so because on homes game they really clean up!

Of course we have an extra umpire this season, so who can tell?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #57
When was the last time someone like Doc or Saad won a Brownlow?

The late, great Johnny James in 1961?

It would be interesting to check out a Port supporters group to see which of our players they’re most anxious about.

I suspect that Hinkley is more concerned about Charlie, Harry, Martin, Cerra, Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Saad, Docherty, Acres and our ruck combination than Voss is about Dixon, Finlayson, Allir, Butters, Rozee, et al.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #58
As a collective, Cripps, Walsh and Cerra is looking better and better each week.

Our chance this week is in the middle and up forward. Charlie and Harry could do some damage if we get the same amount of ball through the midfield. Defensively we've been pretty solid too.

A real chance this week to beat a top 8 team which sounds odd given Port's 13 game winning streak.

Reply #59
Wanganeen 1993
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!