Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 18 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 5177 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 18 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #135
A lot of fans on here were potting Boyd just a few days ago, now they are complaining he's been rogered!

Personally I'll be very disappointed if the club doesn't appeal, it's not about guilt or innocence, it's about sending a message that we will stick by our players and make sure they are treated justly!

I'm also shocked but not surprised the AFLPA hasn't had something to say about this because it is becoming untenable, but it's all about long term legal liability, there will be lawyers and legal advocates whispering in ears everywhere, beware the future, beware the future. Yet you wouldn't be at all shocked to find the very same lawyers running a civil concussion case in a few years, such is their nature!
I'm not a fan of Boyd the player but this was an unfair penalty and the club should appeal. 3 weeks for that tackle is overs but that's the rub of the green for
 no name players compared to a name or marquee player and that's my main gripe.
No way is Petracca, N. Daicos ,or Cripps getting 3 weeks for that tackle...

Reply #136
A lot of fans on here were potting Boyd just a few days ago, now they are complaining he's been rogered!

Personally I'll be very disappointed if the club doesn't appeal, it's not about guilt or innocence, it's about sending a message that we will stick by our players and make sure they are treated justly!

I'm also shocked but not surprised the AFLPA hasn't had something to say about this because it is becoming untenable, but it's all about long term legal liability, there will be lawyers and legal advocates whispering in ears everywhere, beware the future, beware the future. Yet you wouldn't be at all shocked to find the very same lawyers running a civil concussion case in a few years, such is their nature!
you can think a bloke is a spud and still think he's been shafted.

I dont think he's that bad anymore.  I thought he was rubbish, but he's been upgraded to serviceable. 

I'm a sucker for a worker.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #137
you can think a bloke is a spud and still think he's been shafted.

I dont think he's that bad anymore.  I thought he was rubbish, but he's been upgraded to serviceable. 

I'm a sucker for a worker.
True, IMO your fortunes are dictated by your bottom 6 or so players every week. If the gap between them and your top 16 or 17 is too large, youre doomed. If those bottom 6 dont pull their weight, youre doomed. We have been so even across the board in the last 4 or 5 weeks, the results speak for themselves.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time