Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2021 Votes (Read 5558 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW 2021 Votes

FIrst game of the year, pick your best players in navy blue.

3:
2:
1:

Go...

Re: AFLW R1 Votes vs Collinwood.

Reply #1
Team C

3: Laloifi
2: Prespakis
1: McKay

I understand and sympathise the reason behind for having 3,2 & 1. But I think last nights game was a good example of when you need more votes to hand out, because there weren't really three stand outs and half a dozen players probably deserve some recognition.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Team : D+

1: Moody
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #3
3: Prespakis
2: Laloifi
1: Brazzale

Reply #4
Team C

1: McKay

I understand and sympathise the reason behind for having 3,2 & 1. But I think last nights game was a good example of when you need more votes to hand out, because there weren't really three stand outs and half a dozen players probably deserve some recognition.

At the end of the year i do 2 tables.

1. A tally of each weeks BOGs
- Player who got the most votes for that week overall gets 3, 2nd most 2, 3rd most 1.

2. A tally of every vote as a % from each week.
- If a player gets 3 votes from everyone, they get 3.0.
- If a player gets  1 vote from 1 person that week, and there were 10 people who voted, they will get 0.1 votes for the week.
- At the end of the year, every player who received a single vote at all, will be included in the tally.

The second method 'rewards' people who are 'thereabouts' more often than not but not everyone puts them in the top 3.

EDIT: An example of method 2 is this.
Jess Hosking was collectively deemed a 1 vote getter in week 2 last year.
Nic Stevens was collectively deemed a 1 vote getter in week 4 last year (and received votes in R5, but not top 3 for the week)
Charlotte Wilson never made the top 3 for any given week, but was given votes in 3 separate games. She outpolled both Jess and Nic under method 2.

Re: AFLW R1 Votes vs Collingwood.

Reply #5
Anyone else got votes for this game??

Reply #6
2: Laloifi
1: Hill

Reply #7
I only saw the second half but I'll vote anyway:

3 - Prespakis
2 - Moody
1 - Brazzale

And apologies to the 5 or 6 others who could have got votes, and particularly Abbie McKay.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Having INternet problems, alas.
3 Maddie Prespakis  She may have been down on her best, but her ability to get first hands on the ball was excellent.
2 Mua Laloifi: Her kicking is a bit dodgy, but her attack on the ball was excellent. Her opponents struggled to make an impact.
1 Mimi Hill: Made a strong impression.

Honourable Mentions:
Bree Moody: easily the best ruck on the ground.
Abby McKay: needs more of it, but her improvement was significant and her ability to get the ball was useful.
Charlotte Wilson: great marking in defence, but her kicking needs work.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Charlotte Wilson: great marking in defence, but her kicking needs work.
I was impressed with Wilson's improvement over last season, she no longer looked timid and happily took on the front position in the marking contests.
The Force Awakens!

AFLW R2 Votes vs Dogs

Reply #10
Another game, another 6 point loss.

Who gets the 3, 2, 1 this week?

Re: AFLW R2 Votes vs Dogs

Reply #11
Another game, another 6 point loss.

Who gets the 3, 2, 1 this week?
We had enough good players. But we are not putting it together. Until we kick the ball to our own players we will continue to struggle.

[3] Maddy Prespakis: Not as dominate this week, but she can find her way out of packs and get the ball off like Diesel. She had 6 tackles and really put in an effort. The way she gets the ball in the centre square was brilliant, if not as spectacular as she can be.
[2] Mimi Hill: Not as prevalent late in the game, but she managed to get a lot of ball. Her run and pace was excellent.
[1] Bree Moody: Did a good job in the ruck and did some very nice things around the ground, but , by God, she can frustrate! She could have been BOG by kms if she doesn't make errors.

Honourable Mentions:
Abby McKay: Close to getting a vote when her vim and energy. 6 tackles and a lot of work. Pity about that snap at goal.
Jess Hosking: Excellent game from Jess. She really lifted when we needed her.
Tayla Harris: Tay can take a mark like few others, but her kicking! She could have had 5 goals. Instead she managed 2 goals 2 and missed an important one from 12 metres from goal. She took 2 contenders for mark of the year tonight.
Katie Loynes: what a warrior!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
So many options this week. Almost every one had a brain fade at some stage.

2: Gee
1: Moody

Reply #13
Team C

3 Hill
2 McKay
1 Prespakis
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
3 - Prespakis
2 - Moody
1 - Harris
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball