Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 391611 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #2190
No I did not sleep through it, hardly possible with coverage it got. But you seem to be only concerned with him and not worried that his potential successor and his son may well also have been on that particular gravy train. This is not exactly new, been around since well before Trump took office. Imo it bears further investigation.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2191
There’s another echo of the impeachment: “investigation”. Remember, Trump didn’t need Ukraine to actually prosecute Biden or his son or even do the slightest investigation. All he wanted was that the President of Ukraine announce an investigation into corruption that would continue until the election. This is the lite version of that: a supposed FBI investigation which has unearthed devastating proof of corruption which for some reason won’t be revealed so the right wing media can concoct conspiracy theories about it. Gimme a break ...

Reply #2192
Biden was Obama's man in Ukraine following the removal of Yanukovic and in fact had dealings with him before things went sour. Even chaired Ukraine government cabinet meetings there - some even go as far as to say he was the de facto president of Ukraine during that time. Hunter Biden was appointed to the board of Burisma which is owned by oligarch Mykota Zlochevski at a very nice monthly salary for doing not much. Representatives of Burisma had meetings with Joe organised by his son. Billions of dollars of western government grants and aid go into Ukraine, many never to see the light of day there but much resurfaces back in the good old USA. Connect the dots.

Reply #2193
And yet these dots didn’t appear through the witnesses at the impeachment heraring (and yes, the Republicans had equal time to question them). Made up dots don’t need to be connected. Just join the real dots. And QAnon isn’t a real person, by the way.

Reply #2194
And yet these dots didn’t appear through the witnesses at the impeachment heraring (and yes, the Republicans had equal time to question them). Made up dots don’t need to be connected. Just join the real dots. And QAnon isn’t a real person, by the way.

I'll leave Qanon to you. Do you think the Republicans would have wanted to raise those skeletons if some of their own were also benefiting?  Big time corruption does not necessarily run along party lines. Aren't you even a teeny weeny bit suspicious of what went on there?

Reply #2195
No doubt there’ll be plenty of time for that to be comprehensively assessed after the election if fact-finding is really the aim. Seems a bit of a coincidence that half-ar$ed allegations are made less than 3 weeks before the election.

And it’s typical Trump Chutzpah that he tries to attack his opponents for self-dealing when he has taken it to unprecedented levels. He better hope Pence will agree to pardon the Trump clan before Biden takes over.

Reply #2196

I'll leave Qanon to you. Do you think the Republicans would have wanted to raise those skeletons if some of their own were also benefiting?  Big time corruption does not necessarily run along party lines. Aren't you even a teeny weeny bit suspicious of what went on there?

If the Republicans thought that calling Biden a Martian would win them the election, they would produce NASA documents proving there was life there......

It's not about which side has dirty laundry - let's face it, they both have.... it's about publicising (not proving) that the other guy's laundry is dirtier....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #2197
And there you have the Trump strategy again: balance requires blame to be spread around equally. Sure Trump is dishonest and corrupt, but Biden has to be declared equally dishonest and corrupt. To do otherwise would be so unfair to poor Donald!

EDIT: By the way, Tonyo, this post was a reply to Cookie's post that now follows mine. How Cookie's post happened to switch places with this one I do not know.

Reply #2198
If the Republicans thought that calling Biden a Martian would win them the election, they would produce NASA documents proving there was life there......

It's not about which side has dirty laundry - let's face it, they both have.... it's about publicising (not proving) that the other guy's laundry is dirtier....

You are right, both sides equally capable of dishing it out but as I  said, no side would do anything that could come back on them. I am awaiting the next installments with interest.

Reply #2199
And there you have the Trump strategy again: balance requires blame to be spread around equally. Sure Trump is dishonest and corrupt, but Biden has to be declared equally dishonest and corrupt. To do otherwise would be so unfair to poor Donald!

Especially if it turns out to be true?

Reply #2200
Then you wait for proof. Just in case it turns out not to be true.

Reply #2201
Mav maybe you should consider taking some of your own advice mate. I understand that this may well be an inconvenient truth for you and you seem to be getting angry. I  think we have reached the point of tit for tat so let's now see how events actually pan out.

Reply #2202
Can't say I'm angry. That's the great thing about debating the US election on an Australian football site. We aren't going to influence the result any more than we'll influence the result of a footy game we discuss. If this were a site of influence and I had a desire to influence those who read the site, I would have quickly dismissed the report and moved on to avoid giving the story oxygen. That's why Trump and GOP are so angry at Facebook & Twitter: they've shut the story down and won't give it oxygen.

Strange you'd say to me it's tit-for-tat so we should just wait to see what happens. Seems like a case of 'Do what I say, not what I do' given that you could have just waited to see what happened rather than posting that!

Reply #2203
No I did not sleep through it, hardly possible with coverage it got. But you seem to be only concerned with him and not worried that his potential successor and his son may well also have been on that particular gravy train. This is not exactly new, been around since well before Trump took office. Imo it bears further investigation.

It’s worth having a look at the report into the Bidens released by Republican-led Senate committees late last month.  While the release of the report was clearly politically motivated, the committees were unable to find evidence of wrong-doing by Joe Biden but concluded that Hunter’s role in the Ukraine represented a potential conflict of interest for the Obama administration (one that was acknowledged and dealt with).

The report didn’t support the POTUS’s claims about Biden.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2204
Can't say I'm angry. That's the great thing about debating the US election on an Australian football site. We aren't going to influence the result any more than we'll influence the result of a footy game we discuss. If this were a site of influence and I had a desire to influence those who read the site, I would have quickly dismissed the report and moved on to avoid giving the story oxygen. That's why Trump and GOP are so angry at Facebook & Twitter: they've shut the story down and won't give it oxygen.

Strange you'd say to me it's tit-for-tat so we should just wait to see what happens. Seems like a case of 'Do what I say, not what I do' given that you could have just waited to see what happened rather than posting that!

Not really, this is a discussion forum where we often discuss possibilities before the final outcome is known. You yourself show incredible creativity in these matters. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day.