Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 388552 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #2205
It’s worth having a look at the report into the Bidens released by Republican-led Senate committees late last month.  While the release of the report was clearly politically motivated, the committees were unable to find evidence of wrong-doing by Joe Biden but concluded that Hunter’s role in the Ukraine represented a potential conflict of interest for the Obama administration (one that was acknowledged and dealt with).

The report didn’t support the POTUS’s claims about Biden.

Sure, but new evidence has apparently surfaced since then which could change all of that - that's what prompted this discussion.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2206
The story suggests the laptop was seized in December 2019 and a copy of a hard drive was obtained by Guiliani soon after that. And yet it’s new evidence which surfaced after the report was released last month. Hmmm ... something’s fishy with that timeline.

Reply #2207
If the Republicans thought that calling Biden a Martian would win them the election, they would produce NASA documents proving there was life there......

It's not about which side has dirty laundry - let's face it, they both have.... it's about publicising (not proving) that the other guy's laundry is dirtier....
Yes, no facts required in the USA, just claim whatever you like!

The US media keep telling us they are the A-Grade Gold Standard of democracy and freedom of the press, but it seems they have confused freedom of the press with freedom of the creative arts, free to make stuff up! ;D

Political parties cannot make use of this stuff without the media giving them oxygen!

The media report that the politicians are being played by nefarious characters, but it is really the media that is being played!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2208
I wouldn’t say media. The right wing echo chamber is involved but the media is treating it sceptically.

Reply #2209
I wouldn’t say media. The right wing echo chamber is involved but the media is treating it sceptically.

The press are known as a MEDIUM because they are never rare, and nor are they well done......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #2210
Media is a broad term, which includes not just mainstream but social media, the likes of FB, Google, Yahoo, Youtube, Reddit, etc., etc..

The state actors play them like a fiddle!

If you are interested, utilities like the Wayback Machine and Internet Archive allow people to trace a lot of these conspiracies back to the root cause. It's not as hard as people think to find the source, just that it is not in the skill set of Joe Average. Joe looks at the scope of the problem and thinks "How could anybody know", the actual crime is that mainstream media and social media know exactly and yet choose profit over truth. It is a sick system!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2211
Sure, but new evidence has apparently surfaced since then which could change all of that - that's what prompted this discussion.

Hasn’t the so-called new evidence had been dismissed as a Newscorpse fabrication?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2213
Who dismissed it?
Given News Corps love of circular references, I suspect ............................. News Corp!

Usually in the form of Full New York Front Page, news break, bulletin leading headline today, followed by small isolated local regional blurb Page. 65 technical clarification tomorrow, framed in a low contrast font and positioned below a full colour bare breasted tattooed angel called Baby! In regions where nudity offends, in the 3rd last column of the wanted Ads under a heading of Possible Correction.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2215
Didn't you read my circular reference comment? :o

The Sun UK, owner News UK(Parent company News Corp Ltd.)

The Sun UK, charging fearlessly and headlong to the defence of the New York Post(Parent company News Corp Ltd!)

Akin to claiming this is true, because we said it's true!

The big problem isn't noticing or exposing this practise, the big problem is that once it is exposed you will struggle to find a source that isn't already bastardised!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2216
Didn't you read my circular reference comment? :o

The Sun UK, owner News UK(Parent company News Corp Ltd.)

The Sun UK, charging fearlessly and headlong to the defence of the New York Post(Parent company News Corp Ltd!)

Akin to claiming this is true, because we said it's true!

The big problem isn't noticing or exposing this practise, the big problem is that once it is exposed you will struggle to find a source that isn't already bastardised!

Don't play me for dumb.  I know that ... why do you think I said "seemingly"  >:(

Reply #2217
Last Exit From Autocracy, The Atlantic.

This is from David Frum, a speechwriter for George Dubya. His thesis is that democracy won’t survive another 4 years of Trump.

Does this foreshadow an endorsement of Biden by George Dubya? Would such an endorsement help Biden?

No doubt Trump would explode if this happens. Would that cause him to lose focus on Biden?

Reply #2218
Who dismissed it?

At this stage, the story has been dismissed by the independent media, social media and Joe Biden's camp.  The only supporters are Newscorpse, and that's hardly something to hang your hat on.  When you think about it, what are the chances of a laptop with highly sensitive emails being left at a computer repair shop?  ::)

I expect that there will be a retraction from Newscorpse in the coming days, but the damage will have been done.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2219
We should have learnt our lesson.
Expect the unexpected...
Take a break for a bit and read, rinse and recycle the first twenty or so pages of this thread...it's pretty funny how set we were in our opinions (which haven't shifted much).

If Trump becomes the President of the USA, I am moving to the moon.......

How's the weather up there today tonyo.  :D  :D  :D