Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 384904 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #2236
Cookie, your dream has come true! There WILL be an investigation after all: FBI Probing If Russia Involved In Hunter Biden Email Story.

Yes I saw that Mav, there were murmurings about it Fri (US time). I await further developments, if any, with interest.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2237
Depends on who wins the election I guess (and if Biden wins, whether he decides to brush all of the Trump stuff under the carpet).

Reply #2238
Depends on who wins the election I guess (and if Biden wins, whether he decides to brush all of the Trump stuff under the carpet).

Yep. Bets being hedged at the moment I think.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2239
I really hope if Biden wins he doesn’t choose to sweep all of Trump’s corruption under the carpet in the naive hope he’ll be rewarded by bipartisanship. He should instead have something like the Truth & Reconciliation Commission in South Africa to expose the extent of it as well as allowing the FBI to prosecute cases against Trump once he loses his presidential immunity. Only then will there be the necessary groundswell to change the system to eradicate the vulnerabilities Trump has exploited.

Reply #2240
I really hope if Biden wins he doesn’t choose to sweep all of Trump’s corruption under the carpet in the naive hope he’ll be rewarded by bipartisanship. He should instead have something like the Truth & Reconciliation Commission in South Africa to expose the extent of it as well as allowing the FBI to prosecute cases against Trump once he loses his presidential immunity. Only then will there be the necessary groundswell to change the system to eradicate the vulnerabilities Trump has exploited.

A truly terrific example of TDS.

Biden, Clintons, Obama - they're the ones who should be fearing corruption investigation.

Sleepy Joe's dopey son has pretty much guaranteed a Trump victory.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2241
No, I drew a TDS response though  :D

Did you like John Kelly describing his former boss as the most flawed individual he’s ever met? How dare he say that about the Dear Leader. Wonder if Trump will call on Barr to prosecute him for treason.

Here’s the full quote attributed to him by his friends:
The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life.

Reply #2242
We're well aware of the perils of writing Trump off.
I just get  the (gut) feeling that it's slipping quickly away from him at this time.
At the end of the day the American votes  that count, the ones where the election is decided, will have to decide whether they vote for the certainty of continued division and turmoil under Trump or the possibility of an 'opportunity' to mend the country.

That healing won't take place in the short term.
It's probably not something a Biden/Harris regime will be able to achieve because the divisions are too great.
And whether you agree with their methods or not, the Democrats actions in opposition haven't won over many.
People will be voting more 'against' Trump than 'for' Biden.
It's for a future President (and maybe even movement) that inspires people and gives them real hope to really fix things.
Many aspects are likely to get worse before they start to get better.
Some divisions may be even unfixable.

But if it's a choice between the 'certainty' (of Trump) and a chance of something more stable and better, I suspect folks will take a chance.

Reply #2243
We're well aware of the perils of writing Trump off.
I just get  the (gut) feeling that it's slipping quickly away from him at this time.
At the end of the day the American votes  that count, the ones where the election is decided, will have to decide whether they vote for the certainty of continued division and turmoil under Trump or the possibility of an 'opportunity' to mend the country.

That healing won't take place in the short term.
It's probably not something a Biden/Harris regime will be able to achieve because the divisions are too great.
And whether you agree with their methods or not, the Democrats actions in opposition haven't won over many.
People will be voting more 'against' Trump than 'for' Biden.
It's for a future President (and maybe even movement) that inspires people and gives them real hope to really fix things.
Many aspects are likely to get worse before they start to get better.
Some divisions may be even unfixable.

But if it's a choice between the 'certainty' (of Trump) and a chance of something more stable and better, I suspect folks will take a chance.

Agree...its not that Joe Biden is the next great president its more about the hatred for Trump, wonder how the USA will cope with Harris running the country/world when she takes over from sleepy Joe.

Reply #2244
Agree...its not that Joe Biden is the next great president its more about the hatred for Trump, wonder how the USA will cope with Harris running the country/world when she takes over from sleepy Joe.

I jokingly referred to Biden as a 'Trojan horse' a few pages back.
That's probably a fair description.
He'll likely carry Harris to the Presidency.

Harris was not the candidate the Democrats could have put forward as a first choice nominee otherwise she would have lasted longer in the primaries.
Riding the Biden wake she is a fair chance to be the next President.

Reply #2245
To be fair, there was a fair bit of strategic consolidation happening which makes it hard to work through “what ifs”. Bernie and Biden would never have considered settling for a VP slot. But Booker, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Castro and Harris were young enough and in need of national exposure enough that they would have been betting on the place rather than win only. And some of the others may be rewarded by cabinet positions.

That’s the weird thing about the US system. The minimum age for President is 35, while the minimum age for the Senate and the House are 30 and 25 respectively. It’s hard to earn your stripes as you can do in the party system in Oz. Being in the Senate isn’t a quick launching pad for a presidential run as the plum roles in Senate committees are awarded on seniority. A senator also doesn’t want to put in too many years in the Senate as the public tends to think they’re lazy and part of the gridlock in Congress (and their voting history can come back to haunt them).

Few Senators have won the presidency without having some other claim to fame. JFK was a war hero & studmuffin and Obama made a keynote address at the Democratic National Convention which catapulted him into the spotlight. Nixon was gifted a VP spot halfway through his 1st term as a Senator. And Biden relies more upon his VP status than he does his long service in the Senate.

Reagan, Clinton & George W. made their names as State Governors while George H.W. Bush made his name as a UN Ambassador & CIA Director and then VP. None of them bothered to run for Congress.

So running as a candidate for your party’s nomination is usually a way to introduce yourself to the nationwide public rather than winning in your first go. Not only did Harris generate name recognition during the primaries, if she becomes VP she will be in the box seat.

Reply #2246
Looks like the Hunter Biden story was just a whoopee cushion rather than a nuclear bomb. Unless you consume Fox News or Brietbart, it’s as though it never happened.

Reply #2247
Looks like the Hunter Biden story was just a whoopee cushion rather than a nuclear bomb. Unless you consume Fox News or Brietbart, it’s as though it never happened.
They are not stupid, and the USA still has a brace of lawyers looking to profit from liable laws! Fox and Brietbart might just see a liable case as the cost of victory, but not everybody will see things that way!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2249

And you're basing that on what?

It's already before a Senate Committee and the FBI has been ordered to respond to a host of questions by Thursday.

Any denials coming out of the Biden camp that the laptop isn't Hunter's?

Show me one.
Finals, then 4 in a row!