Skip to main content
Topic: Tayla Harris does it again (Read 1286 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tayla Harris does it again

Reply #1
Tayla was a class above Harding and I’d like to see her matched with a more competitive opponent before she moves on to international opponents.  Of course, there may not be any local boxers able to match it with her.

I was pleased to read that she is going to focus on the AFLW pre-season now.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
There are limited options for her to fight down this end of the world. She is already doubling and tripling up on opponents after only 8 fights....

No.   Result   Record   Opponent   Type   Round, time   Date   Location   Notes
7   Win   6–0–1   Australia Margarite Butcher   TKO   2   18 Oct 2019   Australia The Melbourne Pavilion, Flemington, Victoria, Australia   For the Australian female middle title
6   Win   5–0–1   Australia Renee Gartner   TKO   2   14 Aug 2019   Australia ICC Exhibition Centre, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia   
5   Draw   4–0–1   Australia Sarah Dwyer   MD      17 Nov 2018   Australia The Melbourne Pavilion, Flemington, Victoria, Australia   For the Australian female middle title
4   Win   4–0–0   Australia Janay Harding   UD   5   7 Sep 2018   Australia The Melbourne Pavilion, Flemington, Victoria, Australia   
3   Win   3–0–0   Australia Margarite Butcher   UD   6   4 Aug 2018   Australia The Melbourne Pavilion, Flemington, Victoria, Australia   
2   Win   2–0–0   New Zealand Tessa Tualevao   MD   4   23 Sep 2017   Australia Eatons Hill Hotel, Eatons Hill, Queensland, Australia   
1   Win   1–0–0   Australia Margarite Butcher   UD   4   24 Jun 2017   Australia Eatons Hill Hotel, Eatons Hill, Queensland, Australia   

With Harding her latest opponent as well.

Reply #3
It’s a small pool and that worries me.  I wouldn’t like to see Tayla smashed by a hardened international opponent.

I know that Sarah Dwyer is normally in a lower weight division but it is concerning that the promised re-match hasn’t happened.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball