Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572642 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1890
I hope Pattinson is fit enough to play in the Ashes, he is exactly what we need. I think Siddle is in the mix because he actually has a good record in England (10 Tests, 40 wickets at 26.2), he bowls stump to stump and nibbles it around, exactly what you need to do over there. By comparison, Starc's record in England is 7 Tests, 22 wickets at 33.3, while Lyon's is 7 Tests, 19 wickets at 32.2

Reply #1891
Siddle played one Test on the last tour.  While he did take 6 wickets, his pace has dropped off significantly and I think it's a stretch to refer to him as a fast-medium now.  He bowled well for his country over the journey but I reckon he is well past his best now.

The selectors should be rewarding good performances and picking blokes like Boland or Copeland.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1892
I think Tremain should be in front of both of those, bowls a fuller length and can swing the ball

Reply #1893
Like to think they would take a genuine swing bowler to play the Poms.....hope Pattinson can stand up, gun bowler when fit.....reminds me of Shane Bond from NZ, so good when he was playing but just couldnt stay fit.
Starc will play vs the Sri Lankans, their best batsman is the left handed opener and Starc had him 5 times out of 6 innings for under doubles figure every time in the last series that the Sri Lankans won...

Yes. Starc will go to England too.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #1894
I think Tremain should be in front of both of those, bowls a fuller length and can swing the ball

Yes, Tremain is definitely right up there - if the team was selected on merit  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1895
The selectors are getting just a tad antsy about folk questioning their decision making.

JL got quite upset with a reporter questioning feedback allegedly provided to Maxwell.  Meanwhile, Wade and the Tasmanian cricket body have called them out over the statement that Wade would have to bat higher in the Tasmanian order before being considered for Test selection.  Bryce McGain reckons that’s code for “we don’t think you’re good enough.”

The premier batsman in the Shield can’t get a game on his home ground  ::)  No wonder we are rubbish ????

Reply #1896
Other than BS and straight out obsfucation the messaging regarding Maxwell is bizarre.  
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1897
The selectors are getting just a tad antsy about folk questioning their decision making.

JL got quite upset with a reporter questioning feedback allegedly provided to Maxwell.  Meanwhile, Wade and the Tasmanian cricket body have called them out over the statement that Wade would have to bat higher in the Tasmanian order before being considered for Test selection.  Bryce McGain reckons that’s code for “we don’t think you’re good enough.”

The premier batsman in the Shield can’t get a game on his home ground  ::)  No wonder we are rubbish ????
Feel a bit for Langer. Situation not of his making but carrying CA's can. Desperately unfair for him. For mine, the greedy swine states have let CA focus on cash only for ages. Chook army is back in the barracks now. We've been saved by certain guys over the years pulling us out the mire when we should never been in there in the first place. And that's happened even in our 90s/00/teens pomp. Remember, we failed in the UK and India repeatedly. A failure in itself orchestrated by the hierarchy. Cash not results. But it's only Tests, no money, who cares?

Reply #1898
Other than BS and straight out obsfucation the messaging regarding Maxwell is bizarre.
The more pressure, the better. No change otherwise. Entire failure has scared CA. It's doing stuff it never has done before. But it has driven the game into the ground for cash. And the young talent progression focus at all costs has been proven shallow thinking; wonder why ... don't tell me there needs to be proof of durability proven over time and centuries...

Still, it's the states' fault.

Reply #1899
on Shield numbers, Shaun Marsh deserved a gong (against India) but his repeated soft dismissals are a blight on his career.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=12452;type=tournament

His younger brother should never have been picked...that was a mega blunder, arguably costing us the series.

Picking Handscomb again was also folly (as was playing the young L kid at 3).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1900
If we're preparing for England, you've simply got to trial one or two young guys who swing/move the ball....

(These) Selectors really have NFI I'm afraid.

All we need is a bloke who can bowl seam up & hit line & length...works for Broad every time ....I like the look of a Jhye Richardson type.  Quick enough & nice high arm action that not much can go wrong with.  Hopefully Hazelwood learned his lesson from his last ashes tour where he became too focused on swinging the he new ball & forgot about line & length.

Starc can't bowl line & length...which is why he's not a good option for England.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #1901
All we need is a bloke who can bowl seam up & hit line & length...works for Broad every time ....I like the look of a Jhye Richardson type.  Quick enough & nice high arm action that not much can go wrong with.  Hopefully Hazelwood learned his lesson from his last ashes tour where he became too focused on swinging the he new ball & forgot about line & length.

Starc can't bowl line & length...which is why he's not a good option for England.

Hazlewood needs to get closer to the stumps when releasing the ball.
He bowls far too straight, so he’s easy to leave when bowling from wide of the stumps.
If you look at McGrath, his last stride took him in very close to the stumps.
Batsmen always had to play as he bowled stump to stump.
Then his small amount of movement became very effective

Reply #1902
Behrendorff and Richardson showing how to nibble it around.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1903
Behrendorff and Richardson showing how to nibble it around.

Always liked Behrendorff but he cant stay fit...India look like they are in holiday mode......Pandya and Rahul been sent home for some talk show BS , we must be bad to lose a test series to these jokers....

Reply #1904
on Shield numbers, Shaun Marsh deserved a gong (against India) but his repeated soft dismissals are a blight on his career.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=12452;type=tournament

His younger brother should never have been picked...that was a mega blunder, arguably costing us the series.

Picking Handscomb again was also folly (as was playing the young L kid at 3).

Picking Handscomb was like picking Nick Graham every week.....same deckchair, same errors.....