Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572899 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #2130
Pakis now 5-99.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2131
Malo, thankfully Bruce wasn't part of the team,  but Brayshaw unfortunately was.   I don't understand why that peanut gets a gig,  has zero feel for the game,  not knowledgeable enough to meaningfully analyse things,   just carries on like he's in a beer garden with his hipster mates.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #2132
Malo, thankfully Bruce wasn't part of the team,  but Brayshaw unfortunately was.   I don't understand why that peanut gets a gig,  has zero feel for the game,  not knowledgeable enough to meaningfully analyse things,   just carries on like he's in a beer garden with his hipster mates.

JB played Shield for SA and WA.

Averaged 42 in first class cricket over 75 matches and just under 5000 runs. Must have some idea.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2133
JB played Shield for SA and WA.

Averaged 42 in first class cricket over 75 matches and just under 5000 runs. Must have some idea.

He probably does but, if so, he can't put it into words.  Perhaps if he concentrated on the cricket and not puerile attempts at humour  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2134
He probably does but, if so, he can't put it into words.  Perhaps if he concentrated on the cricket and not puerile attempts at humour  :-\

No question he tries way to hard to be funny or whatever.

Truth be told, he's no dummy.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2135
He should have some idea,  but I don't get the impression he does from his on screen persona.

Reply #2136
I miss the 9 commentators.....well some of them.  Draft in Mark Nicholas, Tubby Taylor & Mel Jones to go with Ponting, Alison Mitchell & Isa Guah & that's a decent team for mine.  Tim Lane is actually a better radio (ball by ball) commentator I think.

Slater & Fleming seem to be trying way to hard.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #2137
Flem is such a try hard it's painful.

Reply #2138
Slater & Fleming seem to be trying way to hard.

CheatsTV is all about the bottom line and regional politics, they'll choose the cheapest of the cheap subordinates and domestics ahead of expensive foreign quality.

You'll find the yes men pulling the strings, for example in the football season having CheatsTV broadcast BT lauding derision over Lethal!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2139
Warner 300!

Reply #2140
Warner 300!

Not sure that he warrants 2nd position in front of Bradman and Taylor in the record books, but neither was I thrilled with Hayden surpassing it, especially against Zimbabwe.  335 though, is still a fine innings.

Reply #2141
Warner 300!

Jim..When you made that 200 in the backyard vs the local neighborhood attack it probably had more venom
than the Paki teenagers and oldies they have trotted out. Abbas looks like he is ready to play seniors cricket, Yasir is
a batting gift from the cricket gods and Iftikar couldnt turn a ball if it was attached to a jet engine.

Bradman would have made 600 vs this mob using one stump as a bat....I'm biased and want Aus winning but after a great ashes
series this is just rubbish, the quicker NZ get here and these Paki pretenders are on their way the better.

Reply #2142
Jim..When you made that 200 in the backyard vs the local neighborhood attack it probably had more venom
than the Paki teenagers and oldies they have trotted out. Abbas looks like he is ready to play seniors cricket, Yasir is
a batting gift from the cricket gods and Iftikar couldnt turn a ball if it was attached to a jet engine.

Bradman would have made 600 vs this mob using one stump as a bat....I'm biased and want Aus winning but after a great ashes
series this is just rubbish, the quicker NZ get here and these Paki pretenders are on their way the better.

I think any time you make 335no in a Test Match it's a really great innings. Credit where it's due.

All we heard in the lead up games was how good the Pakistani attack was. Abbas slaughtered us in the UAE and Yasir has 207 wickets from just 36 Tests, so is a star. Paks certainly haven't fired a shot in the Tests though and looked crap. As good as Abbas is, average under 20, bowling in the 120s is something that won't work on our pitches. Shaheen can certainly bowl.

Reply #2143
6 for 89?

Could be headed for the second biggest Test loss of all time.

Reply #2144
I think any time you make 335no in a Test Match it's a really great innings. Credit where it's due.

All we heard in the lead up games was how good the Pakistani attack was. Abbas slaughtered us in the UAE and Yasir has 207 wickets from just 36 Tests, so is a star. Paks certainly haven't fired a shot in the Tests though and looked crap. As good as Abbas is, average under 20, bowling in the 120s is something that won't work on our pitches. Shaheen can certainly bowl.

Good innings but the opposition are about the worst going around and for me its devalued, the Pakis are more interested in shaking hands and patting Warner on the back than getting him out....its just not
competitive test cricket and we shouldnt be playing them in the Aus summer.
6/89.....they have to be kidding rocking up and producing the crap they have, their bowling is bad enough but their batting is horrendous...Babar aside its just rubbish.
Maybe we got spoilt with the ashes but its getting to the stage where test cricket might have to be played in divisions where the better teams play each other and the minnows have to qualify
to get into the higher division.