Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572834 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #2145
I think any time you make 335no in a Test Match it's a really great innings. Credit where it's due.

All we heard in the lead up games was how good the Pakistani attack was. Abbas slaughtered us in the UAE and Yasir has 207 wickets from just 36 Tests, so is a star. Paks certainly haven't fired a shot in the Tests though and looked crap. As good as Abbas is, average under 20, bowling in the 120s is something that won't work on our pitches. Shaheen can certainly bowl.

True. . . . . Well done David Warner.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #2146
Our opposition made 4/408 from 72 overs. One batsman made 211, with only 2 of our blokes clapping the 200.  When we finally got him out,  I made them Clark him off the ground - you might not like the innings that you've seen,  but you have to respect it.   Wr had plenty of opportunities to get him out  but hadn't taken them.

I hate the idea of Warner holding the record  but you have to respect what he did.

Reply #2147
Pakis 3-20 in second dig.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2148
Our opposition made 4/408 from 72 overs. One batsman made 211, with only 2 of our blokes clapping the 200.  When we finally got him out,  I made them Clark him off the ground - you might not like the innings that you've seen,  but you have to respect it.   Wr had plenty of opportunities to get him out  but hadn't taken them.

I hate the idea of Warner holding the record  but you have to respect what he did.

He doesn't hold the record. Hayden holds the Australian record at 380.

Reply #2149
The merit in Taylor's and Bradman's 334s was the quality of the opposition and where they scored them.  Head and shoulders above Warner and Hayden

Reply #2150
Laj - yes, sorry, totally aware of that - bad phrasing on my behalf.  Still a great effort.

Reply #2151
Good innings but the opposition are about the worst going around and for me its devalued, the Pakis are more interested in shaking hands and patting Warner on the back than getting him out....its just not
competitive test cricket and we shouldnt be playing them in the Aus summer.
6/89.....they have to be kidding rocking up and producing the crap they have, their bowling is bad enough but their batting is horrendous...Babar aside its just rubbish.
Maybe we got spoilt with the ashes but its getting to the stage where test cricket might have to be played in divisions where the better teams play each other and the minnows have to qualify
to get into the higher division.

Need to be careful with that.....couple of years ago we might have slid down into the 2nd division !

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #2152
Need to be careful with that.....couple of years ago we might have slid down into the 2nd division !

Fair point, I just get annoyed at watching non competitive cricket and like my test cricket played with some edge to it.
Hopefully NZ will give us some competition and we can sort out the team for the real stuff vs the heavyweight teams.
Interesting that some are calling for WA wonder boy Cam Green to be included in the test squad vs NZ.

Reply #2153
Fair point, I just get annoyed at watching non competitive cricket and like my test cricket played with some edge to it.
Hopefully NZ will give us some competition and we can sort out the team for the real stuff vs the heavyweight teams.
Interesting that some are calling for WA wonder boy Cam Green to be included in the test squad vs NZ.

I think the NZers will certainly give us some competition.....Kane Williamson & the like on boring flat drop in pitches...we may struggle to bowl them out.

We may be relying on an artificial result from the first pink ball test if we manage to score favourable evening bowling conditions....although their swing bowlers will be hoping for the same !

Reply #2154

NZ are a good team. They'll push us and some...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2155
I think we'll smash the kiwis, Boult is a big out for them

Reply #2156
I think we'll smash the kiwis, Boult is a big out for them

Doing well with their South African imports...Watling and Wagner are both very good players but they have a couple of plodders
in the team who might get exposed. They are probably the best fielding team in the world which may help but I'd expect we will deliver flat
pitches with no sideways movement more suited to the bang it in accurate style of Cummins and Hazlewood. With little or no swing either I'd expect Smith and Warner to
take over and make some big scores. Ferguson is quicker than our bowlers but not at the same standard as Shane Bond who he has been compared with and i reckon
he will be schooled in Aus and prove disappointing.
Aus to win 2-0...

Reply #2157
I don't know.  Obviously Smith will be out to get some runs this summer :-)

I am not so sure of the bowlers....I think Cummins looked like he needed a rest in that last test...I would be giving Patto a run in at least 1 or two of these.  And I see today the selectors are talking about two spinners for Sydney !  Geez, its not as if thee's any others worth picking.  Marnus and Smith can take up the slack surely.