Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572936 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #2160
Sad to see the passing of Bob Willis, great English fast bowler, ex skipper and commentator, only 70 years old. A real competitor on the field
and I enjoyed his work in the commentary box too.

Reply #2161
Sad to see the passing of Bob Willis, great English fast bowler, ex skipper and commentator, only 70 years old. A real competitor on the field
and I enjoyed his work in the commentary box too.

The only guy I ever saw come to the crease with multiple holes drilled thru his (Duncan Furnley) bat.  Great bowler though.

Good reminder.  Get your prostate done.  It is NOT a big deal and lasts about 5 seconds

Reply #2162
The only guy I ever saw come to the crease with multiple holes drilled thru his (Duncan Furnley) bat.  Great bowler though.

Good reminder.  Get your prostate done.  It is NOT a big deal and lasts about 5 seconds
Agree on the latter, and I remember that bat with the holes..

Reply #2163
Agree on the latter, and I remember that bat with the holes..

Sorry, this has nothing to do with cricket, but I noticed you were very quick to change your avatar. Some Enchanted Evening -
 very nice.

Fun trivia fact. The Verlaines released an album called Some Disenchanted Evening in 1989, on one of the best records labels ever, Flying Nun.

Reply #2164
Sorry, this has nothing to do with cricket, but I noticed you were very quick to change your avatar. Some Enchanted Evening -
 very nice.

Fun trivia fact. The Verlaines released an album called Some Disenchanted Evening in 1989, on one of the best records labels ever, Flying Nun.

Imagine it's temporary until we employ a new list manager..lol.

Reply #2165
Imagine it's temporary until we employ a new list manager..lol.

Yep you know me well Jim, with SOS gone I'm inbetween list managers and usually go an album cover.
Had a couple of Jethro Tull album covers previously..no commentating on my musical taste either. :-X 8)

Reply #2166
 very nice.

Paul..As Jim pointed out I'm inbetween list managers and waiting for a new one to be appointed so I can prepare another avatar.
I'm a Blue Oyster Cult fan from way back and "Some Enchanted Evening" is some of their finest live stuff, BOC are of course most famous
for the classic " Dont Fear the Reaper" which usually gets a run on most horror TV/Film series as a backing track and the cover has the colorful picture
of a Reaper with the BOC Monogram which is a cross entwined with a question mark which I thought depicted the goings on and off the field
at Carlton quite well.

Reply #2167
Fair enough EB. I'd have thought you could use Liddle's photo as an interim measure. He seems keen on the job.

Reply #2168
Fair enough EB. I'd have thought you could use Liddle's photo as an interim measure. He seems keen on the job.

Nailed it Paul  :D
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2169
Yep you know me well Jim, with SOS gone I'm inbetween list managers and usually go an album cover.
Had a couple of Jethro Tull album covers previously..no commentating on my musical taste either. :-X 8)

Ok then, i won't comment on you're crappy musical taste. I promise!

Reply #2170
What are the chances of the Boxing Day Test being called off or relocated?

I reckon the curator will be under immense pressure to ensure that the pitch is safe and we will probably end up with a dead pitch.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2171
Yep, it will be a road

Reply #2172
Stuffed up big time.  Even though it is going to be a different pitch for the test, they can't afford for it to be a road, as the pitch hasn't rated well for the last two tests - needs to be something in it.

There would be some other states that can't wait to take over the boxing day test from us if we can't get the pitch right.

Reply #2173
Suspect there will be some serious investigations into that debacle.  It looked ugly.

Reply #2174
I'm not saying the MCG pitch  is acceptable,  but India has been serving up doctored,  rubbish pitches for years and all the cricketing world gets is ..... crickets.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?