Skip to main content
Topic: Casboult to CHB (Read 17248 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Casboult to CHB

Reply #105
Casboult did ok but I wouldnt be backing him every week to do similar, be glad to have Jones back vs Cameron, Levi deserves to stay in the team though...

Reid was almost his perfect match up for a run off the HB line, as I said in the pre-match thread Reid isn't the lightening quick player he used to be. Although, I discussed that in context of SoJ perhaps having a crack, Casboult was clearly a KPD option given his pre-season.

However, those of you who are experienced defenders will realise that hit on Plowman should never have happened, an experienced defender would not have allowed Reid to get that run at Plowman who had the fall of the ball covered. That was because of Levi's newbie status as a defender. Levi should not have allowed Reid to jump and spoil, we had the numbers. It's the reverse of Levi expecting team-mates to assist his run at the ball in the F50, it might be a hard behaviour to adjust in the short term, that is naturally looking for help rather than offering it!

I quite like the idea of Jones and Casboult being the KPD duo and leaving Weitering and Marchbank to get further up the ground on intercept and delivery duties.
The Force Awakens!