Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 26877 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #15
We got mauled by a bunch of crape trucks like Norf, imagine what the flag favourites will do to us. Its not going to be pretty.

GTC...Collingwood and Essendon are two teams we do lift against and have that rivalry that seems to drag the better performing team back to the field a bit, thats what I am hoping :-X
I agree if you look at the Pies then at us especially without Liam Jones you see a potential massacre but like Nth I expect us to lift in intensity with the heat back on club and coach.

Reply #16
I expect us to lose by 20 goals this week and then the same margin the following week against GWS. Scary thing about our season so far is we have had a really soft draw, we've played all of the bottom sides (except maybe Richmond), next two months could get very ugly

Reply #17
We need to play Setterfield and Kennedy.
Get Cripps out of the centre for 10 minutes a quarter and make the others survive without him for some time.
It would make us a lot less predictable and give the others some responsibility.

We wanted them to provide support and bigger bodies, use them.

C Curnow has to move up the ground.
Wing or CHB. He needs to run a lot more than he is.

Reply #18
GTC...Collingwood and Essendon are two teams we do lift against and have that rivalry that seems to drag the better performing team back to the field a bit, thats what I am hoping :-X
I agree if you look at the Pies then at us especially without Liam Jones you see a potential massacre but like Nth I expect us to lift in intensity with the heat back on club and coach.
I don't share your optimism EB. We will get smashed and be a club under serious heat Im afraid.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Get Cripps out of the centre for 10 minutes a quarter and make the others survive without him for some time.
It would make us a lot less predictable and give the others some responsibility.

C Curnow covered 14.8 km today, 4th most on the ground behind Gibbons. Murphy and Dumont. Noone can run much more than that

Reply #20
C Curnow covered 14.8 km today, 4th most on the ground behind Gibbons. Murphy and Dumont. Noone can run much more than that

Wow ok he needs to run where the ball is then

Reply #21

Fascinating stat that. Says something about fitness levels I guess.
Shame we couldn't get our hands on the ball, or dispose of it effectively. 
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22

Agree on Cripps, he will have Greenwood all over him so dragging him forward a bit might help us as a byproduct if Cripps can take a mark and kick a few goals.
Think Kennedy and Setterfield were needed today....the Pies midfield is different to Nths who is based on more grunts, Pies have class players on mass
and who ever we play in the middle are going to be doing a lot of chasing especially with Grundy ramming the ball down their throats.

Reply #23
Good lord, for 16 disposals, 6 marks and 3 tackles. Given him a participation award.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24
At least he participated, we had plenty who didn't

Reply #26
We're not going to be anywhere near full strength and the confidence is about as low as you could get

12 goal loss minimum

Reply #27
BB mentioned in the presser that SpecialK and McGovern could be back next week, that feels more like a prayer than a reality?

I suspect he knows something we don't, of course that is the case!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
This is another area where this poor performance will hurt - at the turnstiles v Rottingwood.

The cost to the club in real $s will be felt as many BlueBaggers won't go to this week's game... and probably beyond.

The Kangabies game was integral in so many ways but very much as a springboard into the Rottingwood game. Win, as we should have, and the turnstiles click this Saturday at the G... get exposed as a fraudulent club, as we were, and numbers and $s drain away.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
Common sense says if you lay unconscious for a period following head trauma, you won't play an elite sport in 6 days time.
The club must exercise due diligence in such circumstances.
That we won't have a backline to compete in the AFL is neither here nor there.

Wishing big Jonesy a complete recovery and quick return to the side.

If the club plays Jones, they should be held accountable for any future brain damage and post concussion syndrome he may end up with.
it would be an unconscionable scenario.