Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 26943 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #180
Questions :
Why aren't the young guys learning off Kreuzer, Simpson, Curnow, Cripps ? Why must they only learn off Murphy ? Does he have a monopoly on teaching ? So these other blokes just stand around doing nothing whilst Murphy "destroys" another generation of youngsters ? Where are the previous generations that he's destroyed ? Can anyone give me one single name ?

Answer :
Because it's a fantasy. A fantasy argument constructed by people who see a negative outcome, see a player they don't like, and join the two using the most simplistic cause and effect you can imagine.

Ok answer me this.

Do you think he provides a good example to our young guys?

Do you think he is a great leader?

Do you think others might follow his example of not chasing and tackling and applying pressure?

Reply #181
Perhaps we should have a Game of Thrones thread for Murphy fantasies ????

We need a "Marc Murphy destroys" Youtube channel, just like the Jordan Petersen destroys series.

Reply #182
I don't want to blame Murphy for our failings.

He played one of the all time horror first halves last week but was much better in the second. He's not without his good efforts here and there but I have the opinion that dropping him to the VFL would be the best thing the club has done in 5 years.

His half effort to reach an opponent who was waiting to mark the ball on the wing in the first quarter was so typical of our team. Anyone who does that needs to be held accountable.

The crows did it with Gibbs. Why do we accept what others don't?

Repeatedly and constantly.

Reply #183
Questions :
Why aren't the young guys learning off Kreuzer, Simpson, Curnow, Cripps ? Why must they only learn off Murphy ? Does he have a monopoly on teaching ? So these other blokes just stand around doing nothing whilst Murphy "destroys" another generation of youngsters ? Where are the previous generations that he's destroyed ? Can anyone give me one single name ?

Answer :
Because it's a fantasy. A fantasy argument constructed by people who see a negative outcome, see a player they don't like, and join the two using the most simplistic cause and effect you can imagine.

Have you tried meditation? Passion flower tea?  ;) :)

I don't think it's either / or. Of course the young ones are learning from the Simmo's, K's, Ed's and so forth. But with experience and Captaincy comes reasonable expectation, and that includes Murph.

The discussion now is about the Murphy of now, not the Murphy of years ago.

Roughead wasn't dropped to 'set an example', he was dropped for not performing to an expected level. Many believe that Murphy, at this time, is not performing to a level he should. Murph has made some dreadful errors of late, even gifting goal scoring turnovers - and that demoralises team mates. Standards for very experienced players are understandably high, as they should be. Kids are cut some slack... for a bit.

And the other issue is about our habit over the years of gifting players games - be it because he was the teacher's pet, the cupboard was bare or simply reputation. Sellers made a point of this on the teev the other night, he even commented that some senior players needed to be dropped for non-performing.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #184
Perhaps we should have a Game of Thrones thread for Murphy fantasies ????

I was writing a bit of a summary the other day about our periods under the coaches since Parkin and I thought to myself.... this club is like a bloody "Game of Thrones" scenario...except in some cases it's more fanciful.

Reply #185
I was writing a bit of a summary the other day about our periods under the coaches since Parkin and I thought to myself.... this club is like a bloody "Game of Thrones" scenario...except in some cases it's more fanciful.

What is this 'Game of Thrones' you speak of? I think I'm the only person I know who has no interest in this series at all... likewise, Married at First Sight. I tried watching (at Mrs Baggers insistence) Married at First Sight but last only about 4 or 5 minutes... you can actually feel IQ points draining from your brain as you watch this show.

Reply #186
Married at First Sight. I tried watching (at Mrs Baggers insistence) Married at First Sight but last only about 4 or 5 minutes... you can actually feel IQ points draining from your brain as you watch this show.

If you say that to your Mrs your IQ level could already be shot. :)
PS  I've never watched it.

Reply #187
We need a "Marc Murphy destroys" Youtube channel, just like the Jordan Petersen destroys series.

Sinister, deceptive little pr1ck (hope I haven't offended you -- again -- but I am amazed that anyone can take this d1ckhead seriously). Canadian laws of suitability for psychological studies need to be tightened.

Reply #188
If you say that to your Mrs your IQ level could already be shot. :)
PS  I've never watched it.

I did, and immediately put my hands over the aggotts...  ;) ;) :)

Reply #189
What is this 'Game of Thrones' you speak of? I think I'm the only person I know who has no interest in this series at all... likewise, Married at First Sight. I tried watching (at Mrs Baggers insistence) Married at First Sight but last only about 4 or 5 minutes... you can actually feel IQ points draining from your brain as you watch this show.

You're not the only one Baggers.
It's somewhat trendy to be a critic
I do hope you're not like a lot of the 'ignorant' critics and have at least given the show a watch before dismissing it.

I'm more a book fan than a TV series fan.
What was once a good TV show, while it followed pretty closely to the books, has descended into a hurried mish mash as it races to a conclusion

Reply #190
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #191
You're not the only one Baggers.
It's somewhat trendy to be a critic
I do hope you're not like a lot of the 'ignorant' critics and have at least given the show a watch before dismissing it.

I'm more a book fan than a TV series fan.
What was once a good TV show, while it followed pretty closely to the books, has descended into a hurried mish mash as it races to a conclusion

I did and could see its appeal, but, like you I know many better ways to spend my time... ;D

Reply #192

*raises hand*

Never watched either of GoT or MAFS.

....and thusly, i'm not losing my freaking mind over a freakin' coffee cup.

Reply #193
Just showed the Blues in the dressing room meeting room on Fox, Phillips was there, Kreuzer was also but looked like he was less kitted up. Hard to tell as he was barely in shot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #194
*raises hand*

Never watched either of GoT or MAFS.

....and thusly, i'm not losing my freaking mind over a freakin' coffee cup.
Off topic something fierce but GoT is brilliant. MAFs is a pile of puss thats simply best described as embarrassing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th