Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 26697 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Potential: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #30
Common sense says if you lay unconscious for a period following head trauma, you won't play an elite sport in 6 days time.
The club must exercise due diligence in such circumstances.
That we won't have a backline to compete in the AFL is neither here nor there.

Wishing big Jonesy a complete recovery and quick return to the side.

Well said.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
If the club plays Jones, they should be held accountable for any future brain damage and post concussion syndrome he may end up with.
it would be an unconscionable scenario.

Spot on.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #32
He should not play!
No argument about it.

Reply #33
In Kreuzer McGovern Setterfield or Kennedy
Out Phillips Obrien Jones (Plow and Marchy survive only coz Jones is out)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
He should not play!
No argument about it.

Agree - I think that Goddard gets a shot this week
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #35
Agree - I think that Goddard gets a shot this week

Keep in mind in the VFL we've been playing Kerr back at times, and he is quite useful to push forward if the other forwards struggle like yesterday. He can even pinch hit in the ruck!

It may be time to drop Charlie for Kerr anyway!

I appreciate Goddard is quite mobile, and somewhat physical as well. But I would also say he is workman like, not unlike Selwood the lesser compared to Selwood the captain!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Keep in mind in the VFL we've been playing Kerr back at times, and he is quite useful to push forward if the other forwards struggle like yesterday. He can even pinch hit in the ruck!

It may be time to drop Charlie for Kerr anyway!

I appreciate Goddard is quite mobile, and somewhat physical as well. But I would also say he is workman like, not unlike Selwood the lesser compared to Selwood the captain!

Workman-like sounds quite appealing in our back half at the moment - come in , and do a job.... blokes who know their limitations make good backmen - think Dale Morris.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #37
Workman-like sounds quite appealing in our back half at the moment - come in , and do a job.... blokes who know their limitations make good backmen - think Dale Morris.....

I don't think our back-line is where the problem lies, but I appreciate we have to cover Jones.

I actually thought Levi went from almost a dud to somewhat OK in the second half yesterday, once he stopped rucking and went more full-time defender he looked significantly better.

So I'm going to say our D50 coach is OK at the moment, whoever that may be!

We had a small, light but fleet footed midfield yesterday, full of healthy kids, yet we had stuff all I50s to speak of! The only time we looked like getting inside F50 was from sMurph, Daisy or Ed. That's a massive problem because when we turned them around we just couldn't get past the HFF.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
^^

You missed Fisher who was probably our best given the duress they played under.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-star-adams-out-till-bye-cox-unlikely-for-blues-20190506-p51kng.html

Helps just a little.
They could line up Peter McKenna out of the square and still beat us. All BS aside, they will smash us.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
They could line up Peter McKenna out of the square and still beat us. All BS aside, they will smash us.

They're in with a real sniff for the flag this year, and obviously got close last year. Great depth, good mix of players in all aspects, and off field they do things properly. This is what a professional club looks like. CFC look and learn.

Reply #42
One positive is we get a break from that idiot Dwayne Russell doing our game.

Reply #43
Kreuzer may be fit: no certainty, but the probability is high considering last weeks data from the club. If he is fit, then we will play him. So we should.
Phillips is no certainty to be dropped, depending, but it is more probable than not: we do not appear to like playing 2 rucks and Phillips'kicking is not that great.

Plowman: he may not be 100% fit. He was not that good against North, but has been reasonable in the other games. I hope he is fit enough, as his replacements are not ready to go yet.

McGovern is some chance of playing, which is a positive.

Jones should not play, not after what he experienced. Now Levi did do a reasonable job when Jones went off, but can he do it for 4 quarters? His kicking is an issue, as always.
Goddard is an option: he has been playing well, he is marking well and he has a very strong kick. Mobility? Good question, considering the Collingwood forward line does not have a large number of key forwards.

Williamson and Stocker will probable get another go: their potential replacements are still some weeks away.

Charlie: most of his problems are in his head, I think. Maybe he does need time in the VFL. It is not how far he is running that is a problem, it is his decision making (which is incredibly poor at the moment).
We really need him, but not the way he is going. His mistakes have been even worse than Levi's, and that takes some doing.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #44
This could be a bad one, so I think I'll stay away!

btw., An Abductor and a Hammy, one week, I call bullcrap!

Playing them injured, rookie mistakes 101!
The Force Awakens!