Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 29485 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #30
With fair umpirung today. We win.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #31
Negative for me is Dow.Stephenson looks a far better player.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #32
The centre square set from them was telling in the end, they chucked in their mature bing guns, we had Crippa, Kruze and the kindergarten kids.
I am really concerned with Dow's disposal. His effort and dash cannot be questioned, but his disposal is not even VFL standard.

Agree...he turns it over a bit too much and can lack awareness, I'm a fan as I like his dash and dare but he needs remedial work on his kicking.
Stocker made a few mistakes too but I like the look of him, composed, kicks the ball well....not a great overhead mark so I think the backline isnt his gig
but when he gets his turn in the middle he will be a player..

Reply #33
With fair umpirung today. We win.
Doubt it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
Agree...he turns it over a bit too much and can lack awareness, I'm a fan as I like his dash and dare but he needs remedial work on his kicking.
Stocker made a few mistakes too but I like the look of him, composed, kicks the ball well....not a great overhead mark so I think the backline isnt his gig
but when he gets his turn in the middle he will be a player..
And he is a kent which I love.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #36
Bolton gets a pass for this game IMO....I wouldnt be counting this one as another nail in his coffin...Bombers and Saints are the two we/he needs to win..

Just a pass? He should get a fricken the Gold Star of coaching!

10 goal loss against 18th.
6 days later
Was robbed against flag favourites by the whistle blowers.

All he gets is a 'pass'?

But the point remains....weeks from now, people won't think he'll get a pass for the pies game, the hawks game, the gold coast game. He'll get 3 more losses in a long line of losses....and little more.

Reply #37
The umpiring was very black and white today....
29 point turn around in 5 or 6 minutes is not umpiring.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #38
Just a pass? He should get a fricken the Gold Star of coaching!

10 goal loss against 18th.
6 days later
Was robbed against flag favourites by the whistle blowers.

All he gets is a 'pass'?

But the point remains....weeks from now, people won't think he'll get a pass for the pies game, the hawks game, the gold coast game. He'll get 3 more losses in a long line of losses....and little more.

Let's all agree today was a win.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
And he is a kent which I love.

Yep he does stick up for himself which I like a lot and he was playing vs some very decent opposition....you might want to put him in the middle next week
and see how he goes and maybe move Dow onto a wing where he can run but turnovers are not so critical.

Reply #40
Negative for me is Dow.Stephenson looks a far better player.

Clearly a much better player.....now.

At the end of their career though?

Dow has had some Judd-like explosions from stoppages. If he can continue to grow that side of his game, and Cripps continues to roll with beast mode and Walsh continues to make the game look its too easy for him......then throw in Fisher, SPS....We'll have a midfield to die for, and Dow might be 4th in line for a tag every week and dominate the game in a way that Stephenson could only dream of.

Currently, they're all kids though.

Reply #41
They got 3 of the arsiest goals i’ve ever seen

Leigh Matthews is on record as saying he’s puzzled why the umpires “put the whistle away” in big games that are close.
He’s right. Why should a free kick be paid in the first 5 mins but not the last? Are free kicks time dependent now?

No use whinging about the umps though. One thing that stood out for me today was that our boys lack awareness. When you watch Pendlebury and Sidebottom you’re watching awareness personified.
Cripps and Walsh have it, Weits and Fisher also.

Kreuzer tired in that last q and after Cripps missed that goal by centimeters the floodgates opened.

The boys gave it everything and it was great to see. Coaching staff gets a ‘B’ today. Even Levi down back did well.

I’m really disappointed that McGovern chose to kick across ground to Stocker (?) in the 3rd. From memory they scored a goal from the turnover.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #42
29 point turn around in 5 or 6 minutes is not umpiring.

Between myself and eb1 we've highlighted 3 'non-decisions' in that time that directly led to goals. Thats 18 points off their score, and 3 times the ball goes our way instead. We lost by 19 points.

...and thats just deep inside 50 frees!

Reply #43
I picked.the honorable loss. We are the absolute masters of it. Seen it too often to get excited about running Collingwood close. We did the the same against the Eagles last, led late and lost by 10pts. See it too often to get sucked in.

Fact is that is now 4 wins fron 40.

Reply #44
Clearly a much better player.....now.

At the end of their career though?

Dow has had some Judd-like explosions from stoppages. If he can continue to grow that side of his game, and Cripps continues to roll with beast mode and Walsh continues to make the game look its too easy for him......then throw in Fisher, SPS....We'll have a midfield to die for, and Dow might be 4th in line for a tag every week and dominate the game in a way that Stephenson could only dream of.

Currently, they're all kids though.
Will Dow's disposal ever improve? Stephenson's Rising Star award was bang on, has missed a beat, he wins the Filth games, Dow is one the few costing us games.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th