Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2019 Rd 7: Northern Blues vs. Frankston at Carlton (Read 6490 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2019 Rd 7: Northern Blues vs. Frankston at Carlton

Reply #30
Didn't realise Kerr was quite as big as he is - 196cm, 97kg.....

Great trade bait surely?

And not bagging the guy at all, just not going to get a regular game with Charlie, Harry and the Guv in the mix.

No way should we trade him IMO, worth more to us IMO and you only need a couple of injuries to those three and we are stuffed, as it is we may need McGovern down back more
if we keep losing soldiers.
Didnt mind Goddards game either, clunks a good mark and can kick the ball ok, Schumacher has some ability too and is a good mark and kick but some of his decision making isnt great.

Reply #31
No way should we trade him IMO, worth more to us IMO and you only need a couple of injuries to those three and we are stuffed, as it is we may need McGovern down back more
if we keep losing soldiers.
Didnt mind Goddards game either, clunks a good mark and can kick the ball ok, Schumacher has some ability too and is a good mark and kick but some of his decision making isnt great.

Schumacher has time on his side.  Only a second year player, and imho worth persisting with in case docherty never gets back and Williamson stays broken.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
Two rucks worked very well for NB yesterday, in combination with Kerr and Goddard.

I gather we'd have played them both anyway, but it's a clear case of being smart about choosing your battles, when you can and when you can't play two rucks.

Polson was OK yesterday, not too many possessions but a good percentage of then resulted in us scoring.

Didn't think much of Lang or Fasolo, at VFL level far too much feeding off others for my liking, at that level they should win their own football far more and not be relying on kids like Owies, Cottrell and Polson to feed them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Any report on Kym Le Bois??

Reply #35
Lang got 28 pos. That is something to work with I guess.

He's a bit faster than a few of our mids so would be handy if he came good. Can kick a running goal from midfield too. Can't say we've kicked many of those.

Reply #36
Northern Blues   3.3-21   5.7-37   8.9-57   13.10-88
Frankston   2.2-14   4.6-30   6.9-45   9.9-63

NORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: P. Kerr 6, A. Fasolo 2, D. Lang, N. Wheeler, K. Keppel, C. Polson, A. Phillips
Best Players: D. Lang, P. Kerr, S. Fisher, A. Fasolo, A. Schumacher, M. Stavrou

FRANKSTON
Goal Kickers: J. Kingsbury 2, J. Rendell, B. Bailey, Y. Zijai, C. Rich, G. Lok, A. Ferreira, R. Turnbull
Best Players: J. Newman, A. Ferreira, D. Gordon, J. Rendell, W. Fordham, J. Kingsbury

DISPOSALS: Lang 28, Fisher 25, Fasolo 19, Stavrou 17, Kerr 16, O'Rourke 15, Schumacher 15.

Considering how many injuries we have at the moment, especially in defence, I think we did pretty well. We still have a long way to go, especially since the Big Name Recruits (Collins at FB) hasn't even got on the park. Some of our other experienced VFL players (like Josh Hill and Jono O'Rourke) have barely fired a shot so far (although O'Rourke had his best game so far this week). That leaves a lot of improvement in this team. We have a lot of youngsters who haven't done a lot yet. Hopefully that will not remain this way.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #37
Northern Blues   3.3-21   5.7-37   8.9-57   13.10-88
Frankston   2.2-14   4.6-30   6.9-45   9.9-63

NORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: P. Kerr 6, A. Fasolo 2, D. Lang, N. Wheeler, K. Keppel, C. Polson, A. Phillips
Best Players: D. Lang, P. Kerr, S. Fisher, A. Fasolo, A. Schumacher, M. Stavrou

FRANKSTON
Goal Kickers: J. Kingsbury 2, J. Rendell, B. Bailey, Y. Zijai, C. Rich, G. Lok, A. Ferreira, R. Turnbull
Best Players: J. Newman, A. Ferreira, D. Gordon, J. Rendell, W. Fordham, J. Kingsbury

DISPOSALS: Lang 28, Fisher 25, Fasolo 19, Stavrou 17, Kerr 16, O'Rourke 15, Schumacher 15.

Considering how many injuries we have at the moment, especially in defence, I think we did pretty well. We still have a long way to go, especially since the Big Name Recruits (Collins at FB) hasn't even got on the park. Some of our other experienced VFL players (like Josh Hill and Jono O'Rourke) have barely fired a shot so far (although O'Rourke had his best game so far this week). That leaves a lot of improvement in this team. We have a lot of youngsters who haven't done a lot yet. Hopefully that will not remain this way.

Fasalo might get a game next week, opposition was rubbish but he did a few classy things that you would expect of a 100 games senior player...Lang got plenty of ball but didnt do much with it IMO..ditto Fisher.
Kerr deserves a senior game IMO....

Reply #38
Don't know about Schumacher TBH. Not sure what he really brings to the table. Yes, he's only a kid, but every other kid we have i see with 'something', not so much with Schuey.

Reply #39
Fasalo might get a game next week, opposition was rubbish but he did a few classy things that you would expect of a 100 games senior player...Lang got plenty of ball but didnt do much with it IMO..ditto Fisher.
Kerr deserves a senior game IMO....

I reckon we have to use the rest of this season sticking with the same 3 key forwards we have put our rebuild faith in. They need game time together for a prolonged period and this should override dropping one of them if they are a little out of form.

I believe one of the main reasons we have been slow to start getting wins on the board is the fact we have had no continuity because of injuries and then so many changes of the list year in year out.

It’s the time now to settle on who is our best 22 and Charlie, McGovern and McKay are the 3 key forwards we have modelled our rebuild around. We just have to get a good run of games into them this year and not take them in and out because a back up forward has a good game.

Reply #40
I reckon we have to use the rest of this season sticking with the same 3 key forwards we have put our rebuild faith in. They need game time together for a prolonged period and this should override dropping one of them if they are a little out of form.

I believe one of the main reasons we have been slow to start getting wins on the board is the fact we have had no continuity because of injuries and then so many changes of the list year in year out.

It’s the time now to settle on who is our best 22 and Charlie, McGovern and McKay are the 3 key forwards we have modelled our rebuild around. We just have to get a good run of games into them this year and not take them in and out because a back up forward has a good game.

Kerr has something going for him IMO, he gives you a physical presence and gives us that bit of muscle we lack.....I see him as taking Casboults place.
Seen him run in the ruck and he is more than handy...McKay and Charlie dont have that physical authority and McGovern doesnt have the size.
eg I watched Robbie Tarrant bully Harry and get away with pushing him around and off the ball, Kerr likes the rough stuff and would have been able to look after himself and skillwise has it all over Levi.

Reply #41
Great to see Kerr kicking a bag, it’s up to the incumbents to keep him out of the senior team.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #42
Kerr has something going for him IMO, he gives you a physical presence and gives us that bit of muscle we lack.....I see him as taking Casboults place.
Seen him run in the ruck and he is more than handy...McKay and Charlie dont have that physical authority and McGovern doesnt have the size.
eg I watched Robbie Tarrant bully Harry and get away with pushing him around and off the ball, Kerr likes the rough stuff and would have been able to look after himself and skillwise has it all over Levi.

Yes, Levi wouldn't want a $hit game. Kerr can play!

Reply #43
We play witches hats in the seniors who aren't ready or are playing poorly.

The second blokes like lang, fasolo and Kennedy have got some form they should come in for the kids that are not competing well enough.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #44
Don't know about Schumacher TBH. Not sure what he really brings to the table. Yes, he's only a kid, but every other kid we have i see with 'something', not so much with Schuey.

Wow, you sure? Kid's got sure hands and reads the play well with an obvious footy IQ. Needs a few more KGs and a few more games but there are genuine positive signs.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17