Skip to main content
Topic: The Elephant in the room (Read 9690 times) previous topic - next topic

The Elephant in the room

or rather the midfield...

He's a magnificent beast.

No doubt we will need to be very cautious of poachers in the future.

As good as we thought Patrick Cripps was, I reckon he went to a new level last weekend.

Re: The Elephant in the room

Reply #1
Said it before and I'll say it again, he will be a one Club player. All class, full to the brim of old school values and a handy player to boot. A dying breed is Crippa.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2

As good as we thought Patrick Cripps was, I reckon he went to a new level last weekend.

It astounds me he many non Carlton supporters love him.
Can't remember other Carlton greats getting such universal respect

Reply #3

If anyone ever questioned exactly how good he was - the Pies' game would have removed any doubt....he torched all who tried to quell him!

And once Special K gets fully match fit - if he can at least negate Grundy....look out.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #4
Does one gem square the ledger for dozens of stuff ups ? I could almost forgive Hughes/Rogers, simply because of him

Reply #5
Does one gem square the ledger for dozens of stuff ups ? I could almost forgive Hughes/Rogers, simply because of him

no way.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
We really should be looking at adding another elephant in the square.
Grundy should be our next target.
Kruezer is almost cooked

Reply #9
Kruezer is almost cooked

Grundy will qualify as a restricted free agent at the end of the 2020 season - we should be going all out.

Reply #11
An A-Grade ruckmen should be a priority in this year's trade period. Kreuzer makes a huge difference to our team when he's out there but his longevity must be in doubt now and Phillips and Lobbe are just backups at best. Grundy will demand, and get, huge coin but he's worth it. No harm in asking the question and the worst that can happen is he says no. We've never landed a big fish in free agency....rucking to a young midfield on the rise would have to hold some appeal to him?.....Cripps, Walsh, Dow, SPS, Fisher, Setterfield....

Reply #12
Kruezer is almost cooked

Agree.....although Grundy is zero chance IMO, if he goes anywhere and I doubt that will happen it would be back to SA.
I notice Essendon are courting a big unit ruckman in Michael Knoll from Sth Adelaide for the mid season draft, we should be looking now as well and
I prefer a ready to go ruck rather than a newbie thin kid.
Lobbe is cooked as well and Philips isnt up to it vs the better ruckman in the league.

Reply #13
What's the concensus on who, if anyone, we take in this mid-season draft? Do we go for the best available or address the immediate problems that we have in the back half at the moment with Docherty and Williamson out for the medium/long term? Young Dunkley looks like an option.

Reply #14
Agree.....although Grundy is zero chance IMO, if he goes anywhere and I doubt that will happen it would be back to SA.

Yes, agree EB. Top player, but zero chance. A good, honest McEvoy/Nankervis/Mumford type will be much cheaper and will complement our developing midfield and Cripps quite nicely.