Skip to main content
Topic: Tom Boyd Retires (Read 3583 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tom Boyd Retires

Reply #15
No details yet as to whether he walks away from his contract.....

Boyd agreed to forego the last two years.

Sad to hear, no sympathy for Beveridge trying to pin Boyd's problems on a black hearted journalist, is there any other type?

I'm sure the $5M Boyd has banked goes someway to comforting him.

When Beveridge comes out and slams The Pudding Face Twins or Dimma for badgering umpires, then I'll sit up and listen!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Boyd agreed to forego the last two years.

Sad to hear, no sympathy for Beveridge trying to pin Boyd's problems on a black hearted journalist is there any other type?

I'm sure the $5M Boyd has banked goes someway to comforting him.

When Beveridge comes out and slams The Pudding Face Twins or Dimma for badgering umpires, then I'll sit up and listen!

Without directly naming him Beveridge has hit out at this 'Black Soul' journalist who had a negative effect on Boyd's state of mind.
Barrett???

Reply #17
Without directly naming him Beveridge has hit out at this 'Black Soul' journalist who had a negative effect on Boyd's state of mind.
Barrett???

btw., I'd have no trouble with some non-playing voluntary official standing up for Boyd and for his club, but it's a bit hypocritical coming from any of the football department. After all the press is indirectly the hand that feeds them, and Beveridge is a quality media performer who works the room not a naive newbie, he knows that it's no big media coverage for no big dollars!

Is there a way to have all the good stuff without the bad?

To me this is where AFL still shows some immaturity, I think partially brought on by the high penetration of past players in media roles.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Barrett???
I couldn't think of who was talking about, Barrett the ambulance chaser sounds right though.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Could be Barrett but there are so many options... I'm not sure who he was referring to. Most journos would have had a whack at Boyd over the years.

Reply #20
Could Boyd turn up at the Swans?

Reply #21
If that happened JH I reckon he'd be more unpopular than Ablett! He would be a marked man for the rest of his career and would then, rightfully, really cop it from the media.

Reply #22
Could Boyd turn up at the Swans?
By the sounds of it, I would guess that Tom's main and only concern would be getting himself right (or under control). AFL football would be the furthest thing from his mind.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time