Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS (Read 22997 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS

Hope there are lots of posts from happy Carlton supporters for a change. Hopefully I can get to see the game midweek. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 9: Carlton vs. GWS

Reply #1
Once again, carrying too many non competitors and getting smashed for it.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Bolton

Reply #2
Roos reckons the next month is critical for BB who must be looking to win two of those games otherwise the club will be under pressure to make a hard decision. Time is definitely critical now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
We've probably been avoiding discussing what's been staring us in the face.
We may not be a one man team but we are super dependent on Patrick Cripps.

Not every team has the players equipped to stop him.
But every team  will certainly put an effort into doing so.

Reply #4
Pie fans around me last week were calling us a one man team.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: Bolton

Reply #5
Roos reckons the next month is critical for BB who must be looking to win two of those games otherwise the club will be under pressure to make a hard decision. Time is definitely critical now.

4 games until the bye. St Kilda, Essendon, Brisbane & the Western Bulldogs. All winnable if we're fair-dinkum. For BBs sake you'd reckon 3 wins and a brave loss would see him through.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
Either we have a site problem or there are a lot of shell-shocked supporters out there.

'crickets'

Reply #7
Whether we want to admit it or not, this is 'old Carlton' through and through - reliance on individuals. Beginning to become very apparent that nothing has changed.

That's 2 absolute hidings in 3 weeks, punctuated by a brave loss. It's a pattern. No different to 7 years ago, 5 years ago 3 years ago...

Reply #8
A number of us have been crying out to get him (Cripps) some backup for a looong time now. How much longer will this go on. I was very upset to see him getting so frustrated today and I'm very fearful we are going to break him. This needs to be addressed as a matter of first priority - in the meantime we need to try and get some of the pressure off him.

Reply #9
After that disgraceful display I’m wondering if the club should tap a few players on the shoulder to retire so at least we can grab a couple of state league players in the mid season draft.

They may not become instant stars like Tim Kelly but frankly they’re a better option than running out with a midfield with 5 of 6 players aged 21 or below.

Reply #10
Pie fans around me last week were calling us a one man team.

I said pre game that DeBoer would sit on Cripps all game and I guess we got a taste of life without Cripps......and they were cheeky enough to rest
Coniglio too.

Reply #11
Either we have a site problem or there are a lot of shell-shocked supporters out there.

'crickets'

You can feel the hope draining away, Principal LODS. I'm just about at the stage of not going to any further games. Just had enough.

Our club might just 'cure' me of my love for the game. Plenty of other more fruitful and satisfying things I could be doing with my time.

We are witnessing the worst ever on-field Carlton Football Club in our once proud history.

Reply #12
You can feel the hope draining away, Principal LODS. I'm just about at the stage of not going to any further games. Just had enough.

Our club might just 'cure' me of my love for the game. Plenty of other more fruitful and satisfying things I could be doing with my time.

We are witnessing the worst ever on-field Carlton Football Club in our once proud history.

I'm assuming we don't have any site issues as folks are still posting.

After a performance like this we usually get a stack of posts.
Losing usually sees a spike in activity as posters rush to give an opinion
Maybe there are a few  feeling the 'cure'.

Reply #13
Rag dolled for 120 mins.  Was SPS on the ground in the final quarter?

Reply #14

Starting to feel a bit that way myself Baggers. I am becoming very intolerant of the AFL scene and the people involved in it - what am I getting out of it but constant disappointment? This year is proving to be death by a thousand cuts.