Skip to main content
Topic: First ever father/daughter selection - Abbie McKay  (Read 7043 times) previous topic - next topic

First ever father/daughter selection - Abbie McKay

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/womens-afl/abbie-mckay-daughter-of-andrew-mckay-becomes-the-first-ever-aflw-fatherdaughter-pick/news-story/809e826714aa090fc3b3fb7dc2209966
CARLTON has made history, drafting Abbie McKay as the first ever AFLW father-daughter pick.
McKay, the daughter of club great Andrew McKay, will join the Blues for the upcoming AFLW season.

Clubs had an opportunity to bid on the younger McKay before 2pm Friday.

As multiple clubs placed a bid on McKay, Carlton elected to match the offers and will now select the teenager with Pick 16, a second-round pick, in this year’s AFLW draft.

Good news.

Re: First ever father/daughter selection - Abbie McKay

Reply #1
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/womens-afl/abbie-mckay-daughter-of-andrew-mckay-becomes-the-first-ever-aflw-fatherdaughter-pick/news-story/809e826714aa090fc3b3fb7dc2209966
Good news.

Indeed!

I wonder if I’ll be around to see the first Carlton mother-son or mother-daughter  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
Indeed!

I wonder if I’ll be around to see the first Carlton mother-son or mother-daughter  :-\

Given the persuasion of the majority of the girls, i wouldn't hold my breath.  ;)

Reply #3
Given the persuasion of the majority of the girls, i wouldn't hold my breath.  ;)

I don’t think that’s a factor these days Kruddler ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4

We'd have a healthy stock of donor's to help facilitate.

Playing Frankenstein.... darcy vescio with Cripps/curnow donor,  tayla Harris with cripps/curnow... breanna davey with jarrod pickett...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5

Well there's a point....
Could bring new meaning to the old term football factory.  :o

Reply #6
I've been suggesting such things for years. But I am known for being weird.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
First ever father/daughter draftee - Abbie McKay will become
First ever father/daughter to play a game - Abbie McKay named to make her debut against the catters.

Good luck.

Reply #9
First ever father/daughter draftee - Abbie McKay will become
First ever father/daughter to play a game - Abbie McKay named to make her debut against the catters.

Good luck.

Yes good luck Abbie!

Reply #10
Solid enough effort but tired as one might expect.