Skip to main content
Topic: Best 22 so far (Read 25430 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Best 22 so far

Reply #165
Based on his 2019 season, and what I guess he's being paid ($300-$400k), I think Levi is our "best bargain" player.

Two careers saved from the trash heap. Onya Bolts.

Reply #166
Tragic....I'd be happy with that back 6 with Simpson as the 7th defender. Tigers have a smallish forward line so Marchbank probably misses out on that fact alone. And despite suggestions he might play more of a wing role, Marchbank will have quite a few in front of him for those positions. Really hope Willo can stay fit. Slotting him into defence along with Docherty is such a boost....one replaces Thomas and the other frees up SPS to play more in the midfield or on a wing. And we've still got Stocker to hopefully try and fit in there this year as well. Yes, there'll be injuries so we won't have everyone available but it's a lot brighter already.....we finished strongly last year and have effectively added Williamson, Docherty, Betts and Martin. Charlie is a loss for sure and probably just reinforces how important Casboult is to our team. He can play a number of roles but will be pencilled in to play forward and backup ruckman.

No way will Marchbank be ready to play 1s round 1....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #167
No way will Marchbank be ready to play 1s round 1....

Marchbank is playing in the NBs practice match this evening and, barring any setbacks, should be in the mix for round 1.  I think that he will struggle to earn a spot though.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #168
Marchbank is playing in the NBs practice match this evening and, barring any setbacks, should be in the mix for round 1.  I think that he will struggle to earn a spot though.

He might be 'fit' but he won't be match fit. He'll be out of form and probably confidence in his body.

Let him have a few weeks in the NB before we worry about giving him a gig in the 1's.

Going to have Jones, Weitering, Docherty, Simpson, Plowman ahead of him and fighting for a spot in the back 6 with Newman, Willo, SPS, Martin and Newnes also fighting for a spot off HBF/Wing as well.

Reply #169
Young Caleb seems to have done OK:

Caleb Marchbank started to make an impact down back in the second in his first game in nine months. His intercept marking and decision-making proving to be a valuable asset in defence.

The scoreboard suggests that he would have had plenty of opportunities.  It also suggests that the NBs are going to be in for another long season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball