Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 34878 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #180
Good press conference from Bolton.

Little tiresome the 'sack the coach' rhetoric. Some smarter decisions and some better kicking would have seen us win. We are getting better very slowly and its frustrating to keep racking up the losses, but this is a long game. Turning over the players we have is going to take a long time to bear fruit.  Not sure how the howlers from our experienced players an be laid at the feet of the coach.

Respectfully disagree, Vivian. Same old, same old... and isn't it his job, especially into his 4th year, to ensure we ensure the very basics are done well?

What I did find fascinating is that he pumped up the tyres of Dale Amos as the defensive coach yet singled out a disconnect between midfield and forward line (which looked pretty spot on). Did he just tell us that there is an issue with the midfield coach? With the forward line coach? With their relationship... With his relationship with one of them or both?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #181
Execution aside,their decision making is just diabolical.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #182
English beat Grundy on Friday night, he's very promising
How is losing the hitouts 60-6 and disposals 23-17 beating someone?

Reply #186
I never pay attention to stats, watching the game I thought that English at least halved the contest.
I'd like to see him in a Carlton jumper, put it that way.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #187

Yes, must have missed that!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #188
I never pay attention to stats, watching the game I thought that English at least halved the contest.
I'd like to see him in a Carlton jumper, put it that way.

At 205cm, he's now the required height. Good mover, clean with the ball and a nice kick.... clearly not our type  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #189
Murph must be mentoring young Paddy....

So true. I'm starting to wonder whether Silvagni as head of recruiting is now a bust. Judge these selections:

SPS - majorly underwhelming nothing player
Dow - f##k me, Murphy and Gibbs level of turn over. Everything he touches turns to crap
O'Brien - what does he offer other than never hitting a target by over kicking it
Kennedy - Who? Is he ever fit?
C Curnow - Wow! Talk about believing you're own press. His nick name needs to be changed to the juggler. Never have I seen such a high draft pick other than Dow and Murphy double grab everything whenever the ball goes near him
Lang - yeah, it made me laugh when we traded for him too.
Plowman - a Backman guaranteed to have a minimum of two massive turn overs kicking across goal a game. Should be instructed to never kick the ball. Horrid!

His drafting seems to focus in on a player's ability to turn over the pill at will. Truly impressive and about time he is called out. I don't mind that he has traded out dead wood like Gibbs and others, but f##k me, with the volume of high draft picks he's had both here and the Giants, you gotta say there are a truck load of misses during his tenure at both clubs.

To be honest he's done marginally better than the previous pack of idiots and they at least snagged Cripps at 13.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #190
SPS - majorly underwhelming nothing player thought he went ok today and is definitely one who has improved
Dow - f##k me, Murphy and Gibbs level of turn over. Everything he touches turns to crap - shocker today and needs to learn/relearn how to kick but what, his second year?
O'Brien - what does he offer other than never hitting a target by over kicking it - should never have been taken at 10 - he's a 3rd round draft pick, maybe.
Kennedy - Who? Is he ever fit?   I rate this guy - should have played last week AND today. BB couldn't be seen to admit he screwed up in selecting LOB last week....
C Curnow - Wow! Talk about believing you're own press. His nick name needs to be changed to the juggler. Never have I seen such a high draft pick other than Dow and Murphy double grab everything whenever the ball goes near him   you'd reckon his head can't fit through doorways presently.
Lang - yeah, it made me laugh when we traded for him too.  Played 2s today - his best is very good, just haven't seen it at CFC yet.
Plowman - a Backman guaranteed to have a minimum of two massive turn overs kicking across goal a game. Should be instructed to never kick the ball. Horrid! I rate Plowman...nor Robinson caruso on the blunder bus
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #191
English beat Grundy on Friday night, he's very promising

My seat at the G on Friday night must have been on a strange angle because from where I sat Grundy was close to BOG. English was smashed.

Reply #192
I’m pleased to read positive posts but the facts remain: as we have so many players both experienced and new to the club who lack basic kicking skills and seem to automatically make dumb decisions week in and week out, how can we improve?

Hands on heart we were told by the club that this year would see an improvement over last year.  Supporters bought into it and membership has increased.  What a load of rubbish. Just the same old same old. 

Reply #193
Witts smashes Walsh in a marking contest and Cripps flys the flag.   Do any of the other 22 blokes have any stones? Dies that have to do everything?

Pathetic.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #194
Ironic?

I've probably been Daisy's bandwagon #1 ticket holder since the day he was recruited....and reason being was because he would show the rest of our rabble how to go about it, continually.

It was never about how good of a player he was/is/will be, it was about effort, brains and work rate. He has been to the top of the tree and knows whats required to get there. We cannot say the same of any other player on the list.

We need more daisy types on the list, and we'll 'magically' improve.

Yes based on all of the cr@p that used to be heaped on him.
Reality always wins in the end.