Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 34903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #135
We'll be a better team when Murph retires, sad to say. In my opinion.

Here's the ladder, not miles off in terms of F & A.

Just can't win.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #136
Looked like Weitering was giving a pep talk in the huddle on the ground after the final siren.

He was. Knew once he had a proper role he'd be a player and a leader. Typically we confused him as to his role and he was lost.

Reply #137
Murphy and Simpson need to go now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #138
So last week people start calling for Boltons head because, despite more scoring shots than the opposition, we lose.
This week people continue to call for his head because we were leading the game for 80+ minutes and lost it in the last 30 seconds.

These are the same people that want to see effort and improvement.
The same people that point to our % as a measure of performance.

So many simple decisions and non-decisions that could have worked for us, but ultimately worked against us, cost us the game.....and Bolton cops all the flack.

I've just read 9 pages of this and not a single person has questioned murphys dribble kick into the goal square (with players in the square) with only seconds left on the clock, and ball 30m out from goal.

Why would you not kick it UP at goal FFS! That is a 250+ game player who did that off his own bat, and no amount of coaching from Bolton or anyone else would've changed that instinct from Murph in that moment.

I know emotions are high at the moment, but f*** me i can't stand reading these pages at present. This kind of blind hatred is going to get Bolton sacked, and set the club back years again. Then 5-10 years from now we'll start pining for Bolts to come back in the same way we are doing for Ratts now.

Cmon people. WE are the problem as much as anything that happens on match day. We put the pressure on the club powerbrokers along with the media that ultimately lead us to make emotive decisions, that end up setting the club back.

I've also read every page and comment and there was no 'blind hatred' to be seen. Disappointment, hurt, confusion, annoyance, disillusionment and doubt... yes ...hatred? Nuh. I suspect you're been excessive for effect and to attempt to garner support for your perspective.

Folks are only commenting on what they see. BB may be well liked, but is he respected? Does he really know what he is doing? We just don't know so we look at the evidence (no promises & cliches). And the facts. And they're damning. Further decline.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #140
A shot of Bolton on C7 news receiving comfort from Liddle after the match was excruciating and quite pitiful to watch.

ALL summer should have spent to whatever necessary degree to improve field kicking.

Some serious soul searching is now an imperative and the look on Walls face in the box said a lot. 

Reply #141
Other than Kreuzer and Jack very few are pressing their case for selection, so there's not much that we can do.
'
changes this week
Omitted - Lobbe, Ed Curnow (tries hard but disposal and decison making is so bad that he's costing us 4-5 goals a game)
In - Kreuzer, Silvagni

positional changes to consider
- Murphy, Silvagni Forward
- O'Brien Half Back
- Gibbons, C Curnow into the midfield
- Kreuzer and Cas to share ruck

Out: Lobbe, O’Brien, Gibbons, Plowman
In: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Garlett, Silvagni

Lucky ones because there’s nobody else: Ed, Dow

I’d like Kreuzer to ruck solo the whole match, but it’s likely he isn’t match fit yet and needs Cas to spend a fair bit of time in the middle. Luckily the dogs have a weak ruck division.

Reply #142
I've also read every page and comment and there was no 'blind hatred' to be seen. Disappointment, hurt, confusion, annoyance, disillusionment and doubt... yes ...hatred? Nuh. I suspect you're been excessive for effect and to attempt to garner support for your perspective.

Folks are only commenting on what they see. BB may be well liked, but is he respected? Does he really know what he is doing? We just don't know so we look at the evidence (no promises & cliches). And the facts. And they're damning. Further decline.

How many Carlton players other than Cripps would make Collingwood's team? Once you've answered that, you'll see BB's problem

Reply #143
lets say we did that now. who replaces them this week?

It doesn't matter. You and I can play and the result is the same as it has been every week for the last 2 years.

Time to play all the kids.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #144
People laughed at my post a while back when I said Weitering should be our captain long term, yet I stand by that because long term he is our version of Tom Harley.

If Weitering was captain his efforts to get lose within range of goal would be respected!

Cripps game and the game of players around him won't change, captain or not!

Cripps was the easy and obvious pick, but was he the smart pick?

Out of all that garbage today, this is your concern?

Reply #145
It doesn't matter. You and I can play and the result is the same as it has been every week for the last 2 years.

I’m pretty sure that if i lined up we’d be losing by more

Reply #146
Murphy is finished as an AFL footballer.  I'll be amazed if sees the season out.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #147
How many Carlton players other than Cripps would make Collingwood's team? Once you've answered that, you'll see BB's problem

Walsh, Weeters, Docherty, McGovern - maybe Daisy, Samo, and Fisher at a pinch.

Reply #148

it matters and we'll go even further backwards.

I am looking forward to the return of Cunningham & Williamson - other than those guys I'm not sure which "kids" are banging down the door for selection.

Reply #149
There's at least four in the senior side already who shouldn't be there.  Why play more... Oh,  because our senior players are an even bigger problem than the kids.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?