Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 34256 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #151
Walsh, Weeters, Docherty, McGovern - maybe Daisy, Samo, and Fisher at a pinch.

yep, around 4 or 5 of 22, which means that the pies have around 18 better players on the field than Carlton. Wouldn't be a walk in the park coaching a side with that profile after turning over 70% of the list over the last 36 months.

We need to keep this in perspective

Reply #152
I’m pretty sure that if i lined up we’d be losing by more

Yep, same here. I'd get the same answer that Parko gave Diesel when he first tried out for the club, "too fat, too slow and not good enough."

Reply #153
How many Carlton players other than Cripps would make Collingwood's team? Once you've answered that, you'll see BB's problem

Impossible to speculate as so few of our players play with confidence and composure, whereas so many of the Rottingwood players play with confidence, composure and assurance... they know what they're doing, on the same page.

A more relevant question might be, how many of Collingwood's really good players would play well at Carlton? Very few, I bet.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #154
yep, around 4 or 5 of 22, which means that the pies have around 18 better players on the field than Carlton. Wouldn't be a walk in the park coaching a side with that profile after turning over 70% of the list over the last 36 months.

Yes agree. Also, we need to be mindful that some of the others are still young and developing.

Reply #155
But you'd give it your absolute level best Paul,  you'd have a serious bloody go.   You wouldn't leave anything on the park.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #156

Sorry, mate, very poor logic.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #158
It takes an extraordinary talented football team to find so many ways to lose, to snatch so often defeat from the jaws of victory.

Be interesting to see Juddy (who is BBs boss) mock, snide and deride honest questions about how a seemingly talented group of players can be so rudderless and deeply fragmented.

Sad fact is that very few supporters are actually surprised by today's monumental cock-up.

Well, there is only one side in the competition, winless. No hiding now. No getting off lightly.

But BB does continue to deliver on his brief to eliminate hidings, keeping losses to a minimum.

Even a pack of amateurs can put clumsy pressure on us and we fold.
Baggers I could see how it was going to play out and it did. Dumb is the best word to describe how our blokes play, we find a way to manufacture a loss, its unbelievable. The non mark to Jones was a disgrace but as soon as the ball went deep in their fwd line I knew one of the following was going to occur:
- Give away a stupid free kick in front of goal
- We would push the ball out of the pack to their advantage
- We would leave blokes unattended deep and close to goal.
Zero pressure on the fwds, free Suns players everywhere. Zero awareness, zero attention to detail. FFS surely they practice and drill that scenario and should know what to do. Our defenders played well all day but they should have "called the play" to all the players who came in to help. Get  shoulder to shoulder with every fwd, its basic stuff.
Our method of play is shambolic. The fwd line is dysfunctional, unstructured and clueless ATM. They cant make decent position or present to the ball carrier resulting in the ball carrier having no option but to bomb it in in hope. They seem to push up the ground and then not get back in time. We continue to miss sitters. If Teague is in charge of it he needs to go or give the line to another coach. Its embarrassing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #159
I’d like Kreuzer to ruck solo the whole match, but it’s likely he isn’t match fit yet and needs Cas to spend a fair bit of time in the middle. Luckily the dogs have a weak ruck division.

English beat Grundy on Friday night, he's very promising
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #160
Just saw that last passage of play.  Murph's miskick into the forward line is only matched in its level of ineptitude by his failure to do the right thing by the club and retire 3 seasons ago.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #161
But you'd give it your absolute level best Paul,  you'd have a serious bloody go.   You wouldn't leave anything on the park.

Not sure about that, but thanks for the compliment.

Reply #162
Impossible to speculate as so few of our players play with confidence and composure, whereas so many of the Rottingwood players play with confidence, composure and assurance... they know what they're doing, on the same page.

A more relevant question might be, how many of Collingwood's really good players would play well at Carlton? Very few, I bet.

Its cetainly harder playing at a lowly ranked club when handballs are received at your ankles as opposed to in front of your chest, but I suspect that all of Beams, Pendlebury, Treloar, Stevenson, Elliott, DeGoey, Adams, J Thomas wouldn't have too many problems going and getting the ball and delivering it to one of their teammates. A little bit like Sam Walsh!

Reply #163
I've also read every page and comment and there was no 'blind hatred' to be seen. Disappointment, hurt, confusion, annoyance, disillusionment and doubt... yes ...hatred? Nuh. I suspect you're been excessive for effect and to attempt to garner support for your perspective.

Folks are only commenting on what they see. BB may be well liked, but is he respected? Does he really know what he is doing? We just don't know so we look at the evidence (no promises & cliches). And the facts. And they're damning. Further decline.

Oh thats right, i forgot the #1 reason for hating Bolton is the way he speaks.  ::) Too many cliches.

Must be why you picked up on 'blind hatred' and ignored the actual crux of the post.

Lets look at facts.

1. We've been in every game this year.
2. We've been steadily getting closer to a win each week. Last week it was goal accuracy that could've changed the result. This week a multitude of 50-50s that cost us. We were in front for over 80% of the game.
3. There has been some steady improvement from our oldest group of younger players
- Weitering
- SPS
etc
4. The older players are starting to decline, but the kids coming through are improving by more.
5. For the 2nd year running we've lost one of our most important players for the year in Doc.
6. We have not had one of our most important players, Kreuzer, at our disposal at all so far, and have been forced to play our 2nd, 3rd and 4th rucks thus far. Our 5th ruck is injured otherwise he probably would've got a game too.
7. Overall, there is clear improvement in almost all areas except one glaring one - the win column.

Yes, we are playing a lot of players that have not played with eachother previous to this year.
Yes, we are playing a lot of kids who will make mistakes, and need to make mistakes.
Yes, it is frustrating as hell, but don't let your emotions override the logical side of your brain.

The sky is not falling.

Reply #164
Hatred is a darn emotive word - and knowing your form, chosen quite deliberately.

Fact is any Club can put only up with bad losses for so long - Bolton's chances are becoming fewer....
Finals, then 4 in a row!