Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer says the Blues must stand up - the Age (Read 22234 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer says the Blues must stand up - the Age

Reply #45
Natanui averages less marks per game than Kreuzer  :o  Tippett averages one more mark per game than Kreuzer.  If they are exceptional, Kreuzer mustn't be far off the mark.  On the other hand, Cox and McEvoy average more marks per game than Tippett.  Leuenberger and Kreuzer are virtually on a par but Kreuzer takes more contested marks.  That's not bad for a bloke that doesn't make it to contests  ;)

Marking stats are never going to tell us much. Those marks could be in the back pocket, unmanned, they could be one out against a small opponent and we don't know what happens after a mark. NicNat, for example, can get 8 touches and turn a game. And whilst it is just one Mark a game more, that represents an almost 50% higher number.

I know that stats don't tell the whole story but, clearly, the marking prowess of other teams' rucks is exaggerated.

Talking about stats, if Kreuzer averages one more mark per game than Natanui, how does that represent an almost 50% higher number?  I don't follow that at all   :-\  Perhaps it's because Kreuzer takes more contested marks?

I'd also like to know when Natanui last turned a game?  There'd be no argument from me if you'd said Dean Cox but the best NicNat does is look like he could turn a game  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #46
Natanui averages less marks per game than Kreuzer  :o  Tippett averages one more mark per game than Kreuzer.  If they are exceptional, Kreuzer mustn't be far off the mark.  On the other hand, Cox and McEvoy average more marks per game than Tippett.  Leuenberger and Kreuzer are virtually on a par but Kreuzer takes more contested marks.  That's not bad for a bloke that doesn't make it to contests  ;)

Marking stats are never going to tell us much. Those marks could be in the back pocket, unmanned, they could be one out against a small opponent and we don't know what happens after a mark. NicNat, for example, can get 8 touches and turn a game. And whilst it is just one Mark a game more, that represents an almost 50% higher number.

I know that stats don't tell the whole story but, clearly, the marking prowess of other teams' rucks is exaggerated.

Talking about stats, if Kreuzer averages one more mark per game than Natanui, how does that represent an almost 50% higher number?  I don't follow that at all   :-\  Perhaps it's because Kreuzer takes more contested marks?

I'd also like to know when Natanui last turned a game?  There'd be no argument from me if you'd said Dean Cox but the best NicNat does is look like he could turn a game  ::)

Nice post DJC! :)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #47

Nic Nat averages more contested marks than Kreuzer, as does Cox, as does Tippett.

Last time Nic Nat turned a game North Melbourne games last year. Last time Kreuzer turned a game never.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #48

Nic Nat averages more contested marks than Kreuzer, as does Cox, as does Tippett.

Last time Nic Nat turned a game North Melbourne games last year. Last time Kreuzer turned a game never.

PI2C, Kreuzer's Dream Team price is $90K more than Natanui's.  I rest my case  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #49
Lol you guys all have short memories?

NicNat not turning a game? How about his absolute screamer and goal after the siren last year?

Kreuzer never turned a game either? How about Port Adelaide when he booted three last quarter goals to get us over the line in a come from behind win?

They're both excellent players and both play positions that typically take until your late 20's at the earliest to really dominate. Even Sandilands was rubbish for the first 5-6 years of his career.

I'm happy we have Kreuzer, but I'd take NicNat in a heartbeat.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #50

PI2C, Kreuzer's Dream Team price is $90K more than Natanui's.  I rest my case  ;)

You are missing the point entirely.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51
@Nathbear

I mentioned that game in an earlier post, he didn't turn the game, he kicked two goals in a comeback win.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #52

NicNat not turning a game? How about his absolute screamer and goal after the siren last year?

Kreuzer never turned a game either? How about Port Adelaide when he booted three last quarter goals to get us over the line in a come from behind win?

They're both excellent players and both play positions that typically take until your late 20's at the earliest to really dominate. Even Sandilands was rubbish for the first 5-6 years of his career.

Great post Nathbear!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #53
@Nathbear

I mentioned that game in an earlier post, he didn't turn the game, he kicked two goals in a comeback win.

Hard to disagree.  Kreuzer stood up and kicked 3 goals in that final quarter, but the move that won the ball was Gibbs to Centre.  HE was the catalyst in that win.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #54

I should have broken that sentence up. The 50% more is about the other guys mentioned, not NicNat.

What are MK's best 3 - 5 games?

I'd have Sydney in his return game from injury, probably that Port game then probably the Collingwood game which put us as premiership favourite?

Sydney game was good but generally it's been workman like. Which is okay but for a number 1 pick....

Reply #55
@Nathbear

Hard to disagree.  Kreuzer stood up and kicked 3 goals in that final quarter, but the move that won the ball was Gibbs to Centre.  HE was the catalyst in that win.

Gibbs and Rusty Russell to half forward actually!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #56

I wait for the day he comes good and many here do a backflip. Not sure it will ever happen but hope it does. He has copped a flogging here for far too long. Its funny. If a player has class and wins games off his own boot, he gets bagged for fading at times and going missing. Not enough work rate, and lazy behind the scenes. If however their work rate is second to none, they are a laughing stock for not being the best footy player in the league. If they are injured and struggle to get on the park fit, it becomes no excuse. Being picked at number one is a curse and especially for us. Our number ones are rubbish comparing to what other sides get from their players. We now have a coach that should know how to develop players, and how to use them properly. Lets see if things change for us for once. I hope it does, and I can't argue with you Nathbear. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.