Skip to main content
Topic: Back to defence for Waite? (Read 4903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Back to defence for Waite?

Reply #1
 Been wanting to see this for years...its going to give the side a whole new dynamic and after all Jarrad has no doubt played his best footy as a defender and Hendo is looking the goods as a forward.  

Reply #2
I like the idea of the Hendo-Waite attack. Not sure why you wouldn't give it a go.

Just feel like there's a lot of shuffling deck chairs only to find out what we already know.

Reply #3
Waite would have to show a lot of discipline playing down back. Can he do it?   :-\
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #4
It all comes down to needing a second forward that can play as a relief ruck and the fact that all three of Hendo, Waite and Rowe/Cas/Hammer wont fit in the forward line.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
It all comes down to needing a second forward that can play as a relief ruck and the fact that all three of Hendo, Waite and Rowe/Cas/Hammer wont fit in the forward line.

Collingwood had Cloke, Dawes and Brown, why couldn't we have all 3? Sacrifice one of the little guys and see how it goes.

Alternatively, I'd prefer to see Waite up on the wing as opposed to down back. Similar to how Matthew Richardson was played towards the end of his career. Waite has the athleticism to be that perfect link up player through the middle of the ground and can obviously float up either end to help out.

Reply #6

Collingwood had Cloke, Dawes and Brown, why couldn't we have all 3? Sacrifice one of the little guys and see how it goes. 

Yeah, could be worth a look for sure. That's if MM still rates that set up.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
I like the idea of the Hendo-Waite attack. Not sure why you wouldn't give it a go.

Just feel like there's a lot of shuffling deck chairs only to find out what we already know.

Waite Hendo Attack would absolutely work...

Different Beasts, with Waite able to leap and Lead up the ground and Henderson One on one or leading out of the goal square.

Roughead/Franklin/Hale
Tippet, Pyke, White
Pods, Hawkins, Blicas/Simpson/West
Hurley, Crameri, Bellchambers/Ryder,
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #8

Waite Hendo Attack would absolutely work...

Different Beasts, with Waite able to leap and Lead up the ground and Henderson One on one or leading out of the goal square.

Roughead/Franklin/Hale
Tippet, Pyke, White
Pods, Hawkins, Blicas/Simpson/West
Hurley, Crameri, Bellchambers/Ryder,

Waite up the ground away from Henderson might work down forward......Waite isnt the brightest footballer playing and not sure if he can follow any gameplans.

Interesting comment from Mick about cuts to the list and one mans trash etc.....could be a few retreds on the way in..

Reply #9
@EB1
Yep, I thought that too when I saw his trash/treasure comment - he may have been poking around in the bargain bins at Beaurepaire's? Lets hope he picks something roadworthy at least!
Reality always wins in the end.