Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter) (Read 66783 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter)

Reply #60
This is the perfect game for us at this stage... followed by the Kangabies. I am really looking forward to Saturday night and how we respond, over 4 quarters. A loss and it would be time to get games into the young ones. A win and there's a pulse and a sniff.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #61
This is the perfect game for us at this stage... followed by the Kangabies. I am really looking forward to Saturday night and how we respond, over 4 quarters. A loss and it would be time to get games into the young ones. A win and there's a pulse and a sniff.

Baggers I just want to see us be ruthless with these bastards from the get go. Take no prisoners out there and the strong survive and the weak perish. It is now this club has to decide it's future and it starts on the park this Saturday night - will they apply the heat back and prevail or wave the white flag - it's up to them.

Reply #62
I think this group has lost it between the ears and with the admin talking about the list and suggesting a number of players aren't good enough isn't gunna help. I can't see us winning another game but I hope I'm very wrong

Reply #63
Play Casboult forward. He can either play or not. We need to find out.

Kruezer can ruck most of the game anyway. The whole football world is watching us right now - do wave the white flag or take no prisoners?

Time for us to say Never again do we lose to this mob and have some pride.

This ^^^^

Casboult planted in the square. Watson to CHB. Henderson & Walker the the leading fwds Menzel and Betts Fwd. Yaz and Army of half back. Jeffy / Simpson on the wings. Change it up, run them off their feet.
Amen

Reply #64
I think this group has lost it between the ears and with the admin talking about the list and suggesting a number of players aren't good enough isn't gunna help. I can't see us winning another game but I hope I'm very wrong

We'll win some more games but I agree that our head space is shot, we looked dazed and confused last Friday night.
I'm just hoping for Saturday night, it depends which team turns up.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #65
Carlton by 40.

Bookmark it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #66
Carlton by 40.

Bookmark it.

7 goals ?? I will bookmark that one for certain. I hope you are spot on this one.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #68
80 plus for mine.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #69
For a start id be bringing in Graham, Menzel and Watson. Need to know where Watson is at and the other two are part of our future and have deserved a call up IMO anyway.

Reply #70
For a start id be bringing in Graham, Menzel and Watson. Need to know where Watson is at and the other two are part of our future and have deserved a call up IMO anyway.

x2....I'd be looking at Mitchell for Waite as well...need to see where he is at just like Watson.
Be good to go into this game as underdogs and I think we can win .....

Reply #71
Id only be making the changes where the player has put their hand up and stated "picked me".

You fix the culture of clubs like ours in a dead year, like this year for us.

You can set standards that will hold up of why people get games of footy, and you can reward blokes with the correct attitude by giving them a game and dropping the players who are more than good enough but not showing the correct attitude.

I would call it as important as playing finals, if not more important.  You learn a lot by playing finals football, but I think you take steps towards winning a flag when you start laying the foundations of what is and is not acceptable.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #72

x2....I'd be looking at Mitchell for Waite as well...need to see where he is at just like Watson.
Be good to go into this game as underdogs and I think we can win .....

Definately get some fresh faces into the side.

Rest anyone with a niggle. If Murphy needs a week off, give him a rest too. Ditto Waite, no point risking him. You could also bring in Menzel for Betts (precautionary rest).

Reply #73
Why not play Murph in a fwd pocket to protect him from the midfield heat until he gets some confidence back with his jaw. He can still have an impact and lead the team, did this against Port, why not try it again.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
I'd definitely be playing the kids. Bring Watson in, throw Hendo up forward, rest Waite if need be. Menzel and Graham have earnt a call up, he hasn't done much wrong but i'd look to drop Curnow. We're too defensive in the middle, need to clear the ball out more and stop tagging so many opposition players. Bring in Graham to have a run. Betts for Menzel.