Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting Rd #4 Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 10131 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting Rd #4 Carlton vs. Collingwood

I don't think I have ever left a game of football feeling so angry. Even this morning I can barely contain my anger. However, some thing should be done, especially after a little while to cool down. Some of our players deserve some kudos for their efforts.

This is going to be ugly. If the rating is anything above an F I'll be amazed.

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F. Please don't leave this blank. Our guys last night do not deserve the default setting (B).
[4] Votes must add up to 15.

:'( :'( :'(
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting Rd #4 Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #1
Team F (ucked)

4 Rowe
4 Judd
4 Docherty
2 Cripps
1 Bell
-------
Jaksch, Whiley, Buckley look lost.

Gibbs, Warnock, Jones, Walker are spuds. P1ss em off.

Henderson is a worry.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #2
Team; F (as below).

4 Rowe
3 Docherty
3 Judd
2  Simmo
2 Armfield
1  Touhy

ditto comments below;  if we have replacements (i.e. 4 blokes fit enough to play) Gibbs, Warnock, Jones and Walker at Cramer Street until they redress serial bad habits.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #3
Team F

Rowe 4
Judd 4
bell 1
Armfield 1
Simpson 1
Docherty 1
Cripps 1
Jones 1
Boekhorst 1

I gave the players votes for trying.  The rest didn't even do that.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
Team - F

5 Rowe
4 Judd
3 Docherty
2 Cripps
1 Armfield

Reply #5
Team F

7: Docherty
2: Rowe
2: Wood
2: Judd
1: Bell
1:Cripps

Reply #6
Judd.  5
Docherty. 5
Cripp. 5

Team F .

Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #7
Team:   F
F for failure. It described our night. We failed to provide even the basics and suffered for our incredibly poor disposal and inability to exert the same pressure that we were put under. We couldn’t move the ball forward, nor could we keep it in the forward half. Our game plan was seriously flawed and our players were not playing for each other. I have rarely been embarrassed like that at the football.

Votes:
[4]   Docherty
[3]   Murphy
[2.5]   Judd
[2.5]   Rowe
[1.5]   Armfield
[1]   Cripps
[0.5]   Jaksch

Explanations:
[4]   Docherty:   A really strong effort. Not his fault we were so ordinary.
[3]   Murphy:   Started brilliantly and put his head over the ball. His disposal was excellent early, but he also dropped off after half time.
[2.5]   Judd:   We are going to miss this guy so much when he retires. His ability to get the ball out of the middle was inspirational.
[2.5]   Rowe:   had by far the better of Cloke, even with the ball being delivered by silver service. His best game for the year.
[1.5]   Armfield:   Tried hard and really appeared to care about what was happening. His pace was excellent.
[1]   Cripps:   Not as strong as last week, and he died out after half time, but he looked good and he did some nice things forward.
[0.5]   Jaksch:   had the better of Jesse White. He made a few terrible mistakes, but he looked promising and was a (small) positive. He will get better with his decision making.

Honourable Mentions:
Bell   Bell tried hard and did a few nice things, but just couldn’t seem to get it happening for him.
Warnock   Did very well in the ruck early and gave our mids first use of the ball.
Wood   He started off well, but lost confidence in his marking terribly.
Buckley   Started like a gun but dropped out of the game totally after half time.
Tuohy   Tried hard and kept going for 4 quarters, but found it difficult to stop the ball being delivered so well to his opponents.

Other Comments:
Gibbs: This guy has gone so far backwards that it is hard to recognize him as the player who won our B&F last year. I have no idea what is wrong with him, but his form is excremental.
Everitt: One of his worst games in our colours.
Simpson: While Simmo got a bit of the ball, he was seriously beaten and beaten in the areas he is usually strongest in: his attack on the ball, his ability in the air and his pace. For the first time I really saw how close he must be to the end of his career.
Ellard: I love the way Ellard goes about things, but he is just not up to the standard we need for a small forward. No pace, no danger factor, not enough possessions and no tricks.
Walker: has he ever played so poorly? He did nothing for the entire night.
Henderson: was he even fit? He had not a single possession and gave us nothing. He couldn’t have been fit.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Other Comments:
Gibbs: This guy has gone so far backwards that it is hard to recognize him as the player who won our B&F last year. I have no idea what is wrong with him, but his form is excremental.
Everitt: One of his worst games in our colours.
Simpson: While Simmo got a bit of the ball, he was seriously beaten and beaten in the areas he is usually strongest in: his attack on the ball, his ability in the air and his pace. For the first time I really saw how close he must be to the end of his career.
Ellard: I love the way Ellard goes about things, but he is just not up to the standard we need for a small forward. No pace, no danger factor, not enough possessions and no tricks.
Walker: has he ever played so poorly? He did nothing for the entire night.
Henderson: was he even fit? He had not a single possession and gave us nothing. He couldn’t have been fit.

When blokes of this calibre (and experience) go totally & massively missing in a game you can see where a 75 point belting comes from.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
26 touches and not a single vote for Murphy, anyway:
5 Docherty
4 Murphy
3 Rowe
2 Cripps
1 Judd

Bell, Simpson, Tuohy and Warnock OK as well Warnock's ruck work early was exceptional but he faded and still can't take a mark.
111 marks to 44 and 35 more tackles says it all really, a very dirty night for the Blues.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #10
26 touches and not a single vote for Murphy, anyway:
5 Docherty
4 Murphy
3 Rowe
2 Cripps
1 Judd

Bell, Simpson, Tuohy and Warnock OK as well Warnock's ruck work early was exceptional but he faded and still can't take a mark.
111 marks to 44 and 35 more tackles says it all really, a very dirty night for the Blues.
I gave Murphy votes!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
I gave Murphy votes!

You did indeed Crash, my apologies.
You and I saw it much the same by the look of it.
I'm amazed that we were the only two to give Murphy any credit, I thought he worked his butt off and kept going until the final bell, as did Docherty.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #12
Side - F

3 - Docherty

3 - Murphy

2 - Rowe

1 - Armfield

1 - Bell

1 - Cripps

1 - Jaksch

1 - Judd

1 - Tuohy