Reply #30
Murphy for the next couple of years
Then.....
Cripps (capt)
Weitering (Vice Captain)
Through our ten year golden age ;D

Re: New Skipper?

Reply #31
If you can look at the games after Malthouse was sacked and tell me that Murphy wasn't leading, then I'd suggest you're an idiot. ???

Murphy is the obvious choice to hold the captaincy until, Cripps or Weitering is ready. The work captains have to do with meetings alone would double the captain work load overnight. Give him a seat at the leadership table, get used to making decisions at a club level, but let them develop their games before loading up with the responsibility of captaincy. Both Cripps and Weitering have the weight of Carlton supporters already on their shoulders, leave it at that.

Murphy - Captain.
Simspon Kruezer - VC
Gibbs, White, Cripps - Leadership

Pretty much agree. As an alternative, maybe Murph/Simmo or Murph/Krooz as co captains ?

Reply #32
If you can look at the games after Malthouse was sacked and tell me that Murphy wasn't leading, then I'd suggest you're an idiot. ???

Murphy is the obvious choice to hold the captaincy until, Cripps or Weitering is ready. The work captains have to do with meetings alone would double the captain work load overnight. Give him a seat at the leadership table, get used to making decisions at a club level, but let them develop their games before loading up with the responsibility of captaincy. Both Cripps and Weitering have the weight of Carlton supporters already on their shoulders, leave it at that.

Murphy - Captain.
Simspon Kruezer - VC
Gibbs, White, Cripps - Leadership

Are you comfortable with his efforts while Malthouse was there?
If yes I'd suggest you are an idiot?
If not, so you want a captain picking and choosing when he gives his all?

Reply #34
Poor Murph, we wanted him to pick us he did and we got him - he gives it his all and gets whacked every game behind okay continuously and some think he should be replaced? What a kick in the teeth for him if that happened, he's also not been looking for 'better offers', he's stayed loyal to the club thru the debacle that was MM.

Leave him with it and let the young boys properly challenge for it - remember Murphs best season playing was when he had Judd copping all the hits - I suspect Cripps will walk into similar next year so let's see how that goes before installing him as captain!

Reply #35
Conspiracy theory ........

When Bolton & Murphy met and chatted about the future, Murphy confided that he wasn't totally comfortable with the captaincy role, Bolton said he will review it all.

Comes out in the media and says there may be a change .....
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #37
I reckon I'm going get laughed for this, but my vote goes to Tuohey as a stand in before Cripps or one of the other new young guys is ready. Plays like his life depends on in and backs himself. Also, some blokes who know something about football voted him the best small defender in the competition. Only thing I don't is what respect he commands among the team but that may have improved.

Reply #38
I reckon I'm going get laughed for this, but my vote goes to Tuohey as a stand in before Cripps or one of the other new young guys is ready. Plays like his life depends on in and backs himself. Also, some blokes who know something about football voted him the best small defender in the competition. Only thing I don't is what respect he commands among the team but that may have improved.

That would certainly be a left field choice.

From what I've seen of him, I don't think he is captain material.

Reply #39
Give it to Dylan with Silvagni as Vice...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #41
My 2 cents, I'd give it to Kreuzer.
It was reported during the season how much the players love having him out there, and he and Cripps have already developed a great rapport in the middle. He bleeds Blue and would be a great mentor for the emergence of Cripps as our future skipper.

Captain - Kreuzer
VC - Simmo, Cripps
Leadership - Gibbs, Murphy, Jamo, Docherty
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #42
It was reported during the season how much the players love having him out there, and he and Cripps have already developed a great rapport in the middle. He bleeds Blue and would be a great mentor for the emergence of Cripps as our future skipper.

Captain - Kreuzer
VC - Simmo, Cripps

Ticks a number of boxes, but his injury history makes him a risky choice.

Reply #43

Captain - Kreuzer
VC - Simmo, Cripps

I like this thinking and will keep him with the club for good.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #44
Conspiracy theory ........

When Bolton & Murphy met and chatted about the future, Murphy confided that he wasn't totally comfortable with the captaincy role, Bolton said he will review it all.

Comes out in the media and says there may be a change .....

Sounds pretty plausible.