Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium (Read 82597 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium

Reply #75
How they got to the end of last year with ZERO injuries I will never understand. Half their team pushing 30!

Are you inferring or referring to some Juice?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
The very same mature bodies that looked after Judd and Murphy over the last few years! ;)

That's a mindset issue, not a 'tough' issue......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #77
That's a mindset issue, not a 'tough' issue......

God help them if you are expecting the like of Everitt or Gibbs to stand up and defend the newbies! The players with the most go are Jamison and White, White especially. Docherty is not backwards in coming forward but he's hardly threatening, Roughead's chin is more intimidating!

I hope Rowe takes a step in the enforcer direction this year, also I hope Gorringe who may have some anger issues can get the mix right!

Cripps can look after himself and others, but I don't want him making himself a target for umpires early in his career. I'd rather he does like Kreuzer and hurt them with his attack on the ball / ball carrier!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
God help them if you are expecting the like of Everitt or Gibbs to stand up and defend the newbies! The players with the most go are Jamison and White, White especially. Docherty is not backwards in coming forward but he's hardly threatening, Roughead's chin is more intimidating!

I hope Rowe takes a step in the enforcer direction this year, also I hope Gorringe who may have some anger issues can get the mix right!

Did I say that (re Gibbs Everitt?).

White, Rowe, Levi, Phillips, Wright, 2E, Jamo - you really reckon Hodge/Lewis that much tougher than this lot? Please.....Hodge is a dirty, over rated sniper. Should have been suspended much much more often by any objective umpiring standard.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #79
Moreover, Gibson only stands 189cm.

Crippa 5cm taller. Levi 10cm taller + 10kg!

Gibson belted Boekhorst for no good reason in one of the games last season and I'd be returning the favour now that Lake and a couple of others are not there...its time we showed we are united
and a real team...

Reply #80
Please.....Hodge is a dirty, over rated sniper. Should have been suspended much much more often by any objective umpiring standard.

Isn't that my whole point?

I'm not worried about injuries from fair contests or accidental collisions, I'm worried what a dog like Hodge might do to stamp his authority over an innocent youth! Like when he accidentally smashed Murphy "While going for the ball!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82
Gibson belted Boekhorst for no good reason in one of the games last season and I'd be returning the favour now that Lake and a couple of others are not there...its time we showed we are united
and a real team...

x2.

I am sure Bolton would have worded the kids up, there is no game against Hawthorn that can be described a social football. Any suggestion that there is can be written of as naivety! Hawthorn's ageing enforcers will take ever opportunity to stamp their authority, mentally and physically, on ever young opponent. You can count on it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
Hallelujah! Footy's back  O0

Reply #86
Isn't that my whole point?

I'm not worried about injuries from fair contests or accidental collisions, I'm worried what a dog like Hodge might do to stamp his authority over an innocent youth! Like when he accidentally smashed Murphy "While going for the ball!"

Hodge is a walking dog's act.

Anyway today is the day! Got such a long day at work as well grrrrr.......
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
Gibson is another protected species (gets more leniency than just about any other backman in the league other than 'Remora' Dawson) ....  I'll shed zero tears when we he has pay the rent.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #88
Gibson is another protected species (gets more leniency than just about any other backman in the league other than 'Remora' Dawson) ....  I'll shed zero tears when we he has pay the rent.

Gibson infringes on his opponent in nearly every one on one contest and just continues to get away with it. Protected species is an understatement!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
Gibson infringes on his opponent in nearly every one on one contest and just continues to get away with it. Protected species is an understatement!

Yep, would love to see Levi run through him and Hodge, in Q1.

Blues by 22.
Finals, then 4 in a row!