Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium (Read 82569 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Aurora Stadium

Reply #225
You and the club can't both be right. Either he's a terrifically convincing con artist, or the club think he's worth keeping. They've had a few chances to offload him, and haven't taken any.

They had one option to, and that was to trade him for pick 2 a couple of years back.  EVEN if we didn't require a rebuild we were stupid to not take it.  The fact that we did require a rebuild but were too arrogant to notice it back then and make the trade is the reason why we are paying the ultimate price now and are behind clubs like Melbourne and St Kilda. 

Reply #226
Key comment in the thread, we were well in it in the first quarter, had the ball , won the contested possies, BUT still didnt capitalise on the score board, we dont have the cattle for this. Some one smarter than I will be able to find the fact on this, but if we lined up a list of the forward line players and checked what is the highest amount of goals they have kicked in a game it will show quickly what out capabilities are.
Eg Casboult i beleive kicked 4 once , and some 3's , and he is our lead player there.
Kerrige 6 for Adelaide , hope thats a bonus for us shows he might be a multiple goal kicker for us
Who is next Murphy , thinking 4 or 5 once?
We dont have players that on their day can impact on the scoreboard to create match winning score board pressure for us. We have players that can get 25-30 possies but unless we score its doesnt have the same effect, and that will always keep us chasing.
In the last 10 yrs or so , Waite, Fev ...forward line generals , at times Hendo were go to people , we wont progress till we change the structure , dont believe we have the players on board this year to do it.

Walker - 6
Gibbs - 4
Thomas - 4
Everitt - 4
Kreuzer - 3
Murph - 4
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #227
They had one option to, and that was to trade him for pick 2 a couple of years back.  EVEN if we didn't require a rebuild we were stupid to not take it.  The fact that we did require a rebuild but were too arrogant to notice it back then and make the trade is the reason why we are paying the ultimate price now and are behind clubs like Melbourne and St Kilda. 

Gibbs is only on 500k, I would be more looking at the blokes at the club that are on 700k personally.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #228
Walker - 6
Gibbs - 4
Thomas - 4
Everitt - 4
Kreuzer - 3
Murph - 4

Nah surely now we aren't considering players' highest bags as true indicators of their ongoing potential as a genuine forward option. Sick sick sick.

Reply #229
It's sick.  I actually haven't a clue what game you were watching.  I watched every single second of that match, so for you to say Gibbs was good for a whole 1.5 quarters suggests you are either trying to get a rise or are an idiot.  Can you shed some light on which is the case?

Take the meds dude.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #230
Gibbs is only on 500k, I would be more looking at the blokes at the club that are on 700k personally.

Should have moved them all on, even Murphy, who isn't worth the coin he is on as he is a B+ player.  Should preface this by mentioning how much I admire how he bleeds for this club and IS tough as nails, despite opinions from the pigs on this forum who haven't a clue about football and who of all people, choose Murphy as a scapegoat. Delusional.

Reply #232
There should be a universal test for who knows the slightest thing about football - if you think Bryce Gibbs is a half decent footballer, you fail.

Well, I'm in good company then  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #234
Nah surely now we aren't considering players' highest bags as true indicators of their ongoing potential as a genuine forward option. Sick sick sick.

14 or 15 goals will invariably win a GF.

1 x 4, 3 x 2 + 5 x 1.

Easy!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #236
It's always best to visit the zoo at feeding time.

Reply #238
Even Greg Denham thought it was a promising performance.  He now says the drug cheats are firm favourite for the wooden spoon.  He also says that he thought there was unexpected improvement from the young players.

Reply #239
Even Greg Denham thought it was a promising performance.  He now says the drug cheats are firm favourite for the wooden spoon.  He also says that he thought there was unexpected improvement from the young players.

Certainly was improvement from a couple of young players.  Two stood out for me:

- Whiley - picked it when we got him - will be the best out of the lot we traded for in 2014.  Ball magnet and hounds it like a pig
- Graham - loves a goal and works into his positions beautifully.  Hating his kicking action for goal however, or to be more accurate, his routine.  I doubt he stumbles his way in like that during training, which suggests he needs a premeditated routine, because the one he sprayed was awful