Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21 : Blues Torture Tigers (Tiger-Taming Tweets) (Read 36053 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21 : Blues Torture Tigers (Tiger-Taming Tweets)

Reply #90
@PI2C
Yes a few of us now have said Boots needs to spend a bit more time on the weights!

Problem being cookie he's an ectomorph and ectomorphs find it very hard to put on weight. I think he'll always be quite skinny, especially when you consider how much running these blokes do. It will be nearly impossible for him to put on decent size. Some ectomorphs (Zac Dawson) have great inner strength. Boots doesn't seem to have it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #91
@PI2C
Yes a few of us now have said Boots needs to spend a bit more time on the weights!
Send him to Windy Hill for preseason.  ;D
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #92
Haven't seen the second half yet but we get back into this game because of an aggressive and positive on ball brigade.

Not Judd, Murph and three taggers.

Makes it hard because the oppostition actually have to worry about more than shutting down one player.

Easily Eddies best half for the year.

We won this in the midfield that was outstanding yesterday. Right mix
Of ball winning, defence and Attack and thought Murphy led the midfield mix from the front. Was his best game for the year.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #93
@PI2C

Problem being cookie he's an ectomorph and ectomorphs find it very hard to put on weight. I think he'll always be quite skinny,

Perhaps, but his body does have an uncanny resemblance to a young Robert Walls. If he fails to bulk up he could do worse than watch some old video of Lappin.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #94
@PI2C
Oh to be an ectomorph then mate! Eat what you like, drink what you like and don't stack on the kgs.

Like the comparisons of Boots to young Walls or Lappin - wouldn't that be good. I do have some confidence that he'll work out sooner or later - hopefully sooner, like next year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #95
Great win and no point repeating what has already been so accurately reported. BUT really thought this was one of Brock's best games ever! Definately turned it for us in the 2nd and continued on thereafter to be clearly our best player.
Well done Brock!

Reply #96
Bootsma's game yesterday bordered on embarrassing, select him again when he puts together a string of good games at the lower level.
Graham and Bell earned their selections, he should do the same.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #97
waite and Henderson in the forward line - The backline needs to be shored up, a decision needs to be made. Mick chooses waite. Its clear MM sees hendo as a forward here on in

Waite cannot play in the forward line, he has to be either on a wing as a running linkman or in defence where he is made accountable for an opposition player.  
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #98
waite and Henderson in the forward line - The backline needs to be shored up, a decision needs to be made. Mick chooses waite. Its clear MM sees hendo as a forward here on in

Waite cannot play in the forward line, he has to be either on a wing as a running linkman or in defence where he is made accountable for an opposition player.

Waite doesn't appear very fit tbh, not surprising given his interrupted season.....?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #99
When the ball went into our back half, I thought the Waite/Jamison combination was very reassuring.  Never felt like there was going to be some dumb turnover resulting in a give-away goal. 

A move to defense may well help Waite's crumbling body by not having someone smashing into his back at every marking duel on the forward line, and the Hendo/Waite switch would always be available if needed.

Finally, I have not seen a big Carlton forward take marks in the goalsquare like that since the days of Kernahan.  We need someone to spend six months with Levi (a la Stewart Loewe) teaching him how to reproduce a straight kick and he will be a gem.   Without a doubt the best hands in the club.  Remember, he has only played 14 games.  (Give him a decent number, too!).

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #100
@PI2C

Problem being cookie he's an ectomorph and ectomorphs find it very hard to put on weight. I think he'll always be quite skinny, especially when you consider how much running these blokes do. It will be nearly impossible for him to put on decent size. Some ectomorphs (Zac Dawson) have great inner strength. Boots doesn't seem to have it.

I was a  real ectomorph until my middle age, then I un-ectmorphed every quickly putting on 25kg in about 5 years. That's alot of muscle!!!! lol.

Reply #101

I can but more as a 3rd running tall adding to what we have there already. Can  see him on  the wing, ala Richo at the end of his career, where he would  be very damaging, or in defence too. With Watson out he'll probably be in defence for the rest of the year. Actually miss Watson. He's turned into a handy player in the seniors. Struggled to play many good games in the VFL, hardly played a bad one in the AFL. Dunno how that works but with him being in the side it gives us more flexibility with the likes of Waite.

Reply #102
I said to a mate before the game started that we are horribly out of form, lost a lot of players through injury, including JUDD and the tiggers are essentially the opposite - in form, fit and firing.
As a result there is absolutely no logical reason why we should even come close to them.....and thats why i tipped us.

It makes no sense, yet perfect sense. Expect the unexpected with us.

Bombers are are going into an irrecoverable nose dive and we have turned things around playing the best game for the year. All signs look good for us....so we will probably lose. :???:

That being said, we were great yesterday and had very few passengers on the day. Everyone put in and worked well as a TEAM. If we continue to do that, then we will embarrass quite a few supposed quality teams.

Special mention to Curnow who will mostly go unnoticed for his terrific efforts on Cotchin. Flogged him.
Plenty of other winners across the board, but think it started with him.

Reply #103
@PI2C

I was a  real ectomorph until my middle age, then I un-ectmorphed every quickly putting on 25kg in about 5 years. That's alot of muscle!!!! lol.

Lol yeah I guess the ecto endos in the long run (no pun intended)!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #104
I said to a mate before the game started that we are horribly out of form, lost a lot of players through injury, including JUDD and the tiggers are essentially the opposite - in form, fit and firing.
As a result there is absolutely no logical reason why we should even come close to them.....and thats why i tipped us.

It makes no sense, yet perfect sense. Expect the unexpected with us.

Bombers are are going into an irrecoverable nose dive and we have turned things around playing the best game for the year. All signs look good for us....so we will probably lose. :???:

That being said, we were great yesterday and had very few passengers on the day. Everyone put in and worked well as a TEAM. If we continue to do that, then we will embarrass quite a few supposed quality teams.

Special mention to Curnow who will mostly go unnoticed for his terrific efforts on Cotchin. Flogged him.
Plenty of other winners across the board, but think it started with him.

Don't think it went unnoticed, K.RUDDS, media singing his praises today. Did a bit the other way as well, just to rubb salt into the Crotch.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17