Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb (Read 74323 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb

Reply #75
Ever go to the night footy at the Lake Oval LP?  That was well before I was old enough to enjoy a frothy but the punters would take several longnecks and avoided the need to visit the loo by the clever use of a bicycle tube inside one trouser leg.

I have so many great memories from Princes Park but the one that springs to mind concerns a game against North and a North supporting friend of one of my mates came to the game with us.  He was into Jezza from the first bounce, calling out that he was too old.  Jezza played HBF and was directly in front of us for half the game.  He gave his opponent a complete bath and was easily BoG.  Our North supporting companion was very quiet from midway through the first quarter :)

Jezza's opponent was John Cassin and I believe that he had announced that he was going sort Jezza out.
Too funny, John Cassin was about 3 foot tall.... ;D

Reply #76
Was going to head out but it's miracle Mile Day at Menangle, will just stay home and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77
Mate. Perfect day. Kids getting indoctrinated, sun is out, food and drink being consumed. 30 mins from kick off. $15 for two members, 1 extra adult and two kids concessions. Magic. Can't wait for the action.
Keep the Faith

Reply #78
Geez, it's good to be back. Headed towards where I used to sit and they have the essendon cheer squad sitting there  >:D

Now on the wing, standing barely 15m from the fenxe can smell the grass, with a tin can and a freshly BBQed sausage.

Hard not to be full of nostalgia

Reply #79
Are new members (or old ones) signing up left, right and centre?!!

hope the membership stands are op[en post match after we belt these low life.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #80
Whiley looks to have added a bunch of mass. Actually all our players look much bigger... Maybe it's the smaller ground  :P

EDIT: Gorringe looks a monster...

Reply #81
1 goal for the quarter...    It's gonna be along year..  :-[
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #83
Foot skills once again deplorable, Tuohy our only player who looks remotely capable of hitting a target.
Weitering looks very good.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #84
Very young side in , just looking to get the feel of the game, a few goods from each would be great to see. Will be a big roar when SOSOS comes on

Reply #85
Why do our talls struggle to mark the ball?

Reply #86
Ever since you posted that Mondy we haven't taken a mark  ;)

Reply #87
Nice play by Byrne , took the game on

Reply #88
This is a pretty lack lustre performance.
When Jones's effort at the contests is one of the highlights we're struggling.

On a positive note we've got ourselves a key defender for the next dozen years :D

Reply #89
I wonder if he has a brother need a forward please .... We have ZERO showing today