Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 68008 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #270
I don't hope for that at all. As a spectator, you want to see the best the AFL has to offer. Claiming Dusty as a legitimate AFL scalp would be quite something for any opponent.
Agree Paul, I dont wish injury on anyone, as you say claim his scalp on its merits and the player(s) concerned will become an overnight hero(s).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #271
No doubt, but I've just spent three days reading and responding to posts from Kruddler that tell me teams like Nthmond are trending towards small fast forward structures leaving Weitering types nobody to play on. More the fool me!

Well when the 1 key forward they have is turning 30 this year.....you expect them to say they don't want a 25yo who is arguably better than Jack Riewoldt?

Cmon LP, thats something flyboy would say.

Reply #272
I don't hope for that at all. As a spectator, you want to see the best the AFL has to offer. Claiming Dusty as a legitimate AFL scalp would be quite something for any opponent.

Ok... just smash him into the rock hard turf repeatedly with legitimate tackles.

Reply #273
Ok... just smash him into the rock hard turf repeatedly with legitimate tackles.

Hmm, that sort of behaviour is a little broad for my rather dainty tastes - picture this :

- we introduce the new improved version of the 3 amigos (Pickett, Samo, Garlett) : faster, fitter, better skills, better head space. The three of them hunt as a pack. Dusty, ball in hand, tearing away from congestion, puts on the afterburners, but has no idea that his afterburners are made by Kia, and is mowed down by the real deal (Pickett) before he can even think about the don't argue, just like the tackle JP laid on Gunston last year - ball spills free, and the 3 of them share passes, run and carry, nobody gets within cooeee of them, GOAL to Samo.

Rinse and repeat twice with JP and Garlett on the end for a goal apiece.

There you go, 3 Dusty tackles, 3 goals.

Finally an ideology I can embrace.

Reply #274
Surely we can get a "Go Fund Me" page up and about offering $1000 to a charity of the players choice for every bone-crunching tackle laid on Dusty! $2000 for fending Dusty off!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #276
I have never been more unsure about how we might fare in this first game.  Unknowns everywhere for our side, and Richmond are no longer perennial chumps.

If the Tiges get up and about early, the place will turn into a cauldron.....

Let's hope that the 70,000+ Yellow and Black fans are so gobsmacked that they make no noise at all.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #277
I have never been more unsure about how we might fare in this first game.  Unknowns everywhere for our side, and Richmond are no longer perennial chumps.

If the Tiges get up and about early, the place will turn into a cauldron.....

Let's hope that the 70,000+ Yellow and Black fans are so gobsmacked that they make no noise at all.

Without doubt this will be a very tough one for us but the glory is there for the taking!  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #278
Can’t see us winning - happy if we can be competitive and emerge unscathed for the Gold Coast in rd 2.

Reply #279
Their JLT form looks ominous, but to quote ol mate Gary Hall Jr, I hope "we smash them like guitars".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #280
Richmond could be forced to make four changes to their premiership team in round one as they sweat on the fitness of midfielder Dion Prestia and Bachar Houli.

With Nathan Broad serving a club-imposed suspension in the first three rounds and Daniel Rioli ......

That's a few significant potential outs?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #281
That's a few significant potential outs?

Agree, good time to play them when they have a few sore or out and think they are unbeatable after a good preseason.....they will start favourites but I give us a chance...

Reply #282
If it helps any, last time the Tigers won the flag they played us in Round 1 the next year. We smashed them unmercifully with first gamers Bosustow and Hunter starring! Hope it happens again.

Reply #283
Although he probably doesn’t deserve it, I think we need to play McKay.  We need Rance ‘occupied’ with a tall, while 2 others have some sort of freedom. 2 talls narrow our chances with the best Blackman in the game down there.

Reply #284
Agree, good time to play them when they have a few sore or out and think they are unbeatable after a good preseason.....they will start favourites but I give us a chance...

Would be a great morale booster for us. We can hope!
Reality always wins in the end.