Skip to main content
Topic: Leadership Group 2018 (Read 34464 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Leadership Group 2018

Reply #90
I disagree, but as I said each has there own thoughts based on their experiences.
My managers ran about 25 to a team with usually 2-3 team leaders depending on the team leaders and complexity of the teams.
Again that worked very well, but that is why I say each person's experience.

An infantry platoon has 33 soldiers; one lieutenant, one sergeant, three corporals and at least three lance-corporals; 25% of the platoon are leaders.

My son trains people in leadership and he works with a former AFL coach who spent a bit of time with Carlton.  I suspect that my son's views on leadership are quite different to both your's and mine MIO.  His colleague's views are probably different again :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #91
An NFL team can have up to 6 captains.

It usually takes 3 of them to toss a coin.

Reply #93
An infantry platoon has 33 soldiers; one lieutenant, one sergeant, three corporals and at least three lance-corporals; 25% of the platoon are leaders.

My son trains people in leadership and he works with a former AFL coach who spent a bit of time with Carlton.  I suspect that my son's views on leadership are quite different to both your's and mine MIO.  His colleague's views are probably different again :)

I suspect they are DJC, but again that doesn't make yours, your son or mine the right option, as I said from the beginning it comes back to the experience.
Carlton's opinion seems to differ from the general number in leadership groups across the AFL, but that doesn't mean that is a bad thing either.

I stick 100% to my belief that Carlton has too many 'leaders' there that I believe that has an ability to dilute the message and morph the message, I stick to that based on my experience and knowledge, but.. I acknowledge others think differently.

I would much prefer it trimmed back and people really strive to become part of the group if they want to be part of it.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #94
Pretty obvious it's a transition period set up.

Simmo and Smurf on the way out.

Tractor - reward for effort. 28yo now.

Ed C. - role model par excellence. Legend. 28yo now.

Doc, Plow and Crippa - the future.

Who really GAF that the Tiges had 3 only in their group......

agree with this.

The leadership group looks OK to me.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #95

agree with this.

The leadership group looks OK to me.

Agree - looks like what we need for this year for sure and hopefully more new leaders will start to emerge during this period. Can't remember the exact quote regarding leaders but something along the lines of "Grand visions can become mediocre outcomes if left in the hands of mediocre leaders of men". I think we have chosen well for this year to continue our development.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #96
Pretty obvious it's a transition period set up.

Simmo and Smurf on the way out.

Tractor - reward for effort. 28yo now.

Ed C. - role model par excellence. Legend. 28yo now.

Doc, Plow and Crippa - the future.

Who really GAF that the Tiges had 3 only in their group......

Well said that  ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #97
This leadership group is a good one.

Clearly the future is Docherty, Cripps and Plowman with others to be included in the near future.

I don't care if we have 7 or 8 in the group. I don't care if the Tiges or Pies or whoever have less. What I care about is what suits our current list/club right now.

What I want is to not have Our Great Club following trends or the latest must do's. I want our Club to be setting the trends.

Reply #98
This leadership group is a good one.

Clearly the future is Docherty, Cripps and Plowman with others to be included in the near future.

I don't care if we have 7 or 8 in the group. I don't care if the Tiges or Pies or whoever have less. What I care about is what suits our current list/club right now.

What I want is to not have Our Great Club following trends or the latest must do's. I want our Club to be setting the trends.
Bang on Brother.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #99
Having 6, 7 or 8 leaders out on the field at one time is too many.

Why not make it 11 and then we'll have a boss for every player?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #100
Having 6, 7 or 8 leaders out on the field at one time is too many.

Why not make it 11 and then we'll have a boss for every player?
More is better. If you had 22 "leaders" on he field, theoretically you don't need any (if that makes sense).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #101
As a previous poster noted, we are in a period of transition with both older and younger players in the leadership group. As the younger guys mature and the older guys finish up I would expect the size of the leadership group to be reduced.

Reply #102
As a previous poster noted, we are in a period of transition with both older and younger players in the leadership group. As the younger guys mature and the older guys finish up I would expect the size of the leadership group to be reduced.

I'm not sure that will happen Cookie.  I expect our leadership group to fluctuate according to our needs and the quality of our leaders.  I don't think that it will get much bigger and I'd be surprised if it dropped below five or six.

I like the mix of mature players and up and coming leaders and I'd like to see that continue.  However, our poor drafting has skewed our age demographics and, unless we bring in more mature aged recruits, we may run out of older leaders.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #103
My father served in world war 2 and said there were many officers but only a few capable of leading...

How many real leaders do we have? Just because you nominate leaders it doesnt make them leaders..exhibit A: Taylor Walker from the Crows....

Reply #104
I'm not sure that will happen Cookie.  I expect our leadership group to fluctuate according to our needs and the quality of our leaders.  I don't think that it will get much bigger and I'd be surprised if it dropped below five or six.

I like the mix of mature players and up and coming leaders and I'd like to see that continue.  However, our poor drafting has skewed our age demographics and, unless we bring in more mature aged recruits, we may run out of older leaders.

I think one of the major roles of the more mature older leaders will  certainly be to support and assist the emerging leaders. As those younger guys get more experienced and mature - hopefully this year - the need for the older guys should reduce. Another younger/emerging leader or two may then be added to the group to replace them I guess and a cycle established for the supply of future leadership of the club. All speculation of course but it'll be interesting.