Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood  (Read 16322 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood

Plenty to come out but good to see Williamson back on the park.

NORTHERN BLUES

B: 77. M. Blakey, 45. H. Goddard, 37. B. Silvagni

HB: 19. A. Schumacher, 41. L. Casboult, 13. L. Stocker

C: 75. F.  Anderson, 7. M.  Kennedy, 46. M.  Cottrell

HF: 69. S. Fisher, 80. K. Keppel, 16. D. Lang

F: 32. A. Fasolo, 53. J. Palmer, 29. C. Polson

R: 8. M. Kreuzer, 50. T. Wilson, 1. J. Silvagni

Int: 21. J. Garlett, 60. J. Hill, 30. P. Kerr, 27. M. Lobbe, 26. H. Macreadie, 44. M. Owies, 57. E. Penrith,

34. A. Phillips, 72. N. Wheeler, 31. T. Williamson

In: A. Phillips, L. Casboult, T. Williamson, M. Lobbe, C. Polson, M. Cottrell, Kennedy, H. Macreadie

Out: G. Strachan, J. Lynch, F. O’Dwyer

Re: VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood

Reply #1
And Macreadie too!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #2
Do the  NBs run a seconds side given the Development league is defunct or do they head back to their original clubs?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #3
Do the  NBs run a seconds side given the Development league is defunct or do they head back to their original clubs?
There is no 'development league' now. The guys who don't play go back to lower competitions. To me, it is one of the things very wrong with the VFL at the moment. Supposedly it is a matter of cost.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Zero continuity.  Whatever brainiac came up with this one?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
Zero continuity.  Whatever brainiac came up with this one?
Probably the same group of idiots that destroyed the 2nds and made the VFL from the corpse of the VFA in the first place!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Probably the same group of idiots that destroyed the 2nds and made the VFL from the corpse of the VFA in the first place!

Rod Galt passed away recently and I was reminded of the cartoon he drew depicting the VFL as a pig with its snout in the VFA trough.  That was when the VFL moved reserves games to the Sunday in direct competition with the VFA and that was the beginning of the end for the VFA.

What happened in the old days with blokes who missed out on a game in the twos?  If they were young enough they could play in the thirds but older players must have not played at all or played with a local club.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Keen to head down to Victoria Park tomorrow with my eyes firmly on Stocker, Kennedy, Williamson and MacCreadie.

All could make a difference in our senior team in the next month or so depending on how they progress in the coming weeks.

Reply #8
NORTHERN BLUES

B: 77. M. Blakey, 45. H. Goddard, 37. B. Silvagni
HB: 19. A. Schumacher, 41. L. Casboult, 13. L. Stocker
C: 75. F.  Anderson, 7. M.  Kennedy, 46. M.  Cottrell
HF: 69. S. Fisher, 80. K. Keppel, 16. D. Lang
F: 32. A. Fasolo, 53. J. Palmer, 29. C. Polson
R: 27. M. Lobbe, 50. T. Wilson, 57. E. Penrith,
Int: 21. J. Garlett, 60. J. Hill, 30. P. Kerr, , 26. H. Macreadie, 44. M. Owies, 34. A. Phillips, 72. N. Wheeler, 31. T. Williamson

In: A. Phillips, L. Casboult, T. Williamson, M. Lobbe, M. Cottrell, Kennedy, H. Macreadie

Out: G. Strachan, J. Lynch, F. O’Dwyer

I am hoping for a good performance from this lot tomorrow. At least it has a few guys who can ruck, unlike the seniors.
I wonder who our 21st player will be?

COLLINGWOOD

B: 31. F. Appleby, 47. M. Keane, 67. M. Smith
HB: 6. T. Goldsack, 52. E. Le Grice, 35. I. Quaynor
C: 39. B.  Crocker, 19. L.  Greenwood, 26. J.  Daicos
HF: 40. A. Bosenavulagi, 43. A. Tohill, 29. T. Broomhead
F: 61. S. Hetherington, 20. B. Reid, 3. D. Wells
R: 45. M. Lynch, 33. R. Wills, 50. A. Woodward
Int: 55. M. Chippendale, 54. A. Gallucci, 64. C. Lane, 73. A. Oxley, 57. S. Ralph, 36. B. Sier, 51. L. Tardrew, 63. C. Wellings
23P: 56. C. Hustwaite

In: L. Tardrew, C. Lane, S. Ralph, A. Tohill, C. Wellings, A. Gallucci

Out: J. Madgen,  T. Brown
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Any coverage on this one?

Reply #11

I haven't found a thing as yet. Very disappointing, it looks like Channel CheatsTV have taken the VFL broadcast backwards, I suppose some of the VFL games were better to watch than the AFL they pay the big dollars for!

Careful, there are some bogus links popping up as usual, the more people search for the game the more bogus links appear.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12

Sadly, I don't think there is. I looked everywhere for streaming, TV, local radio... anything. Even thought of going myself but the 5 hour round trip put me off!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
Apparently;

Details: Victoria Park, Saturday, April 20, 2pm

Broadcast: Fans can tune into Casey Radio on 97.7FM to listen to the game. The match will also be covered across the Northern Blues’ social media channels.

https://www.3ser.org.au/audio-player.html
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Apparently Schumacher and Casboult are not playing. That brings questions as to a possible replacement for tomorrow's game.
I wouldn't expect it to be Kreuzer, or we'd have take out a proper ruckman.
Live Long and Prosper!