Skip to main content
Topic: "The Blowtorch" (Blues In The News) (Read 18454 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "The Blowtorch" (Blues In The News)

Reply #45
As David Parkin tells it, when John Elliott interviewed him about a return to the Carlton coaching job in late 1990, an appraisal of the playing list was sought. Parkin, well beyond currying favour by telling a president what he wanted to hear, said it needed a re-build.

True to form, Elliott growled: “We don't rebuild at Carlton.” He added though: “But we could do with a bloody good renovation.”

That was then.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-needs-serious-rebuild-to-rediscover-afl-glory-20140412-zqtwa.html#ixzz2yqxCP5EE
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #46
Major renovations coming up. Come on guys get excited, renovations are always exciting. I'm looking forward to the process. 
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #47
Major renovations coming up. Come on guys get excited, renovations are always exciting. I'm looking forward to the process.

You need qualified builder's for major renovations...not Hire a hubby or Jim's recruiting and list management like we have...

Reply #48

You need qualified builder's for major renovations...not Hire a hubby or Jim's recruiting and list management like we have...

You'll be pleased to learn ML does in fact operate a registered building/development enterprise  ;)

Start the demolition works.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #49

You'll be pleased to learn ML does in fact operate a registered building/development enterprise  ;)

Start the demolition works.

I'll pay that DU.... :P

Reply #50
poor mick, watching his vid on CFC he looks like he has a guy fawkes mask on