Skip to main content
Topic: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Back on the winners list!) (Read 33099 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Back on the winners list!)

Reply #75
MRP said Rowe pushed Riewoldt into Murph's path - common sense prevails.

You'd know they were really out to get us if Murphy is getting rubbed out.

Murphy is a ball player, fair and honest as they come. That said, it's good he knocked out Reiwoldt who has bullied our blokes for years.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #76
I watched some other recorded tv shows with the missus as it was not on fta tv...

Glad we won.

Reply #77

You'd know they were really out to get us if Murphy is getting rubbed out.

Murphy is a ball player, fair and honest as they come. That said, it's good he knocked out Reiwoldt who has bullied our blokes for years.

Yep, he deserved it even if it was accidental. Shame we couldn't whack Kosi some time before he retired. :))

Reply #78
Yarran is back to his form of 2011. Not surprising considering he's played more of a role across HB this year. In the end a player with so much talent will always come good. I do however like the idea of switching him in between attack and defence.

PI2C Yarran started on the wing when Jones went to him he pushed fwd then for matchups went back, Yazz has become our swingman!!!

I think we can give the recruiters are tick on this one now?

If he played for Hawthorn he would be compared with Rioli and reckon he provides more than Cyril does.
Rioli is overrated
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79
White and Murph not cited.

Robbo offered one week for an early plea (lucky the jumper was over his head, otherwise it would probably been more).

Glad to read that Robbo can inflict damage on the opposition even when blind folded! He must be bl00dy good with the pinata?
Talking of Robbo, he's been playing a lot better in the last few games IMO.
Agree Cookie. More direct and long. Also been dishing off to a runner cruising passed a lot more. Haven't seen a "Robbo" from him in a while. Others have contracted abit of the "Robbos" though.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
Well done.
Really messy game from both teams, but good to get 4 pts.
IQ missed the first quarter, so I didn't see what must have been some attrocious kicking. Was pleasently surprised though by some decent kicking from our boys during the game.

What stood out for me above all else, is that our present problems seem mostly due to work rate.
We definitely don't have a flag winning list, but we have seen that when our guys play at 100% work rate, they are capable of doing damage to anyone. We just don't trun up consistently... Both week in week out, and even for 4 quarters of a game.
Fix that, and we are only a couple of players away from challenging.

Reply #81
Yarran is back to his form of 2011. Not surprising considering he's played more of a role across HB this year. In the end a player with so much talent will always come good. I do however like the idea of switching him in between attack and defence.

PI2C Yarran started on the wing when Jones went to him he pushed fwd then for matchups went back, Yazz has become our swingman!!!

I think we can give the recruiters are tick on this one now?

If he played for Hawthorn he would be compared with Rioli and reckon he provides more than Cyril does.
Rioli is overrated

SOOOOO overrated  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #82
Plays around 12 games a year as well.....or at least over the past few years.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #83
If all these Carlton players that are apparently better than Hawthorn players actually played for Hawthorn it would be great because the Hawks would be in the bottom half of the ladder.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #84
No surprise to see MBB stick up for his beloved Hawks. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #85
While I do think we have a few players who would make the cut at Hawthorn, because I think a few of the Dawks are over-rated.

However, I do think we lack the type of players the Dawks have in spades, they have 4 or 5 blokes who clearly set the tone for the Dawks week in and week out, which is probably 3 or 4 more than us! It is no coincidence that having 2 or 3 of those blokes out saw them lose to the Swans.

The two Blues I rate in this way are Judd and Simpson.

Give Murphy, Cripps, Buckley and Bell another year and we should be looking much better provided blokes like Armfield, Docherty and Curnow can get on the park. If we can get an intimidating attack on the ball from one large defender and one large forward to add to that we will be looking 1000% better.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
I missed the game, why it wasn't on FTA up here I'll never understand.
From reports we are taking baby steps forward. Maybe not moving ahead as quickly as some would like (including me!), but I think we are headed in the right general direction.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #87
I agree with the above... we have players that bring more to the table than their raw ability and the side needs them on the park to do well.  A classic is Armfield... fair dinkum, I don't know what this bloke  brings other than an ability to run or what position actually suits him but his effort really counts and we play much better when he is in the 22.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #88
I agree with the above... we have players that bring more to the table than their raw ability and the side needs them on the park to do well.  A classic is Armfield... fair dinkum, I don't know what this bloke  brings other than an ability to run or what position actually suits him but his effort really counts and we play much better when he is in the 22.

He hurts the opposition, one way or the other.

It must be disheartening to be passed by a bloke who is just trying to lay a shepherd!

Just my opinion, but when he is in the team with Yarran and Garlett the team dynamic changes, opposition clubs just cannot cover them all. Further blokes like Bell, McLean, Curnow and Tuohy then get 2nd or 3rd tier opponents.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89
I missed the game, why it wasn't on FTA up here I'll never understand.
From reports we are taking baby steps forward. Maybe not moving ahead as quickly as some would like (including me!), but I think we are headed in the right general direction.

We're ahead of where we were 4 weeks ago but not ahead of a year ago IMO. Hopefully it clicks before we play some good sides.