Skip to main content
Topic: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Back on the winners list!) (Read 33013 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Back on the winners list!)

Reply #90
We don't seem to have played many great sides.....the pain must begin somewhere.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #91
Just taking a look, we never play great sides more than two weeks running. We have Geelong, Hawthorn (GWS in the middle) then Collingwood and we play Geelong and Port in rounds 21 and 22. Other than that our draw is actually quite a favourable one.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #92
I only listened to the game on the radio, but it seems we were using the corridor a lot more, is that correct?

On another note, RE: Everitt- he reminds me of Paul Bower at times... Not a great sign

Not getting  the Everitt hate. He's not even playing in defence. He's been playing as a run with on the oppositions best mid. Montagna was first in the league for effective kicks, disposals etc in the league over the last 3 weeks before Monday night. Everitt completely owned him .

Reply #93
I only listened to the game on the radio, but it seems we were using the corridor a lot more, is that correct?

On another note, RE: Everitt- he reminds me of Paul Bower at times... Not a great sign

Not getting  the Everitt hate. He's not even playing in defence. He's been playing as a run with on the oppositions best mid. Montagna was first in the league for effective kicks, disposals etc in the league over the last 3 weeks before Monday night. Everitt completely owned him .

He avoids contact, unwilling to put his body on the line. His skills are average and did we really need another run with player? We have an abundance of them. I always thought we were getting him for a better role.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #94

He avoids contact, unwilling to put his body on the line. His skills are average and did we really need another run with player? We have an abundance of them. I always thought we were getting him for a better role.

Skills are average? He's our only player who can consistently kick a set shot.

If we didn't have Everitt, who would've gone to Sidebottom, Gaff, Montagna etc when we lost Curnow & Carrots?

He's doing his role & that's what Mick wants. And considering Mick publicly praises his Everitt, I'm going to go with Mick.

Reply #95
Well you asked the question I gave my opinion. You need to learn something about Mick he will never admit defeat, he will always back up his decisions with praise for the player. Just look at his praise of Daisy last week. ATM, we got two players in and last week they both played tagging roles.

Everitt's skills are not much chop. If he's in there doing Carrots and Curnow's role, he had better find something else soon. Other than that we also have Cachia and Armfield who can run with opposition players. I thought he took a few impressive marks up forward in the NAB Cup, looked very strong overhead, but he's tagging. I don't see the point in getting another tagger to the club.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96

If we didn't have Everitt, who would've gone to Sidebottom, Gaff, Montagna etc when we lost Curnow & Carrots?

He's doing his role & that's what Mick wants. And considering Mick publicly praises his Everitt, I'm going to go with Mick.

I never knocked his skills or abilities. What I was trying to get at, was that once some pressure is applied he plays a bit like Paul Bower did i.e Deer in Headlights
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #97

I never knocked his skills or abilities. What I was trying to get at, was that once some pressure is applied he plays a bit like Paul Bower did i.e Deer in Headlights

My second post was in response to PI2C in which he knocked his skills & abilities.

Reply #98

Two of which are on the sidelines so at present, we don't have an abundance.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #99
Everitt's skills are not much chop.

I'd have to disagree there Carrots. He plays a role we've not had at Carlton in the modern era. Accountable in defence, loose man on the wing, third key forward, presence at stoppages and a clever footballer under pressure.  Sure Waite may draw similar accolades, but he has not been as consistent and still lacks the ability to stay on the park. If we can get some quality players around him, Everitt will become a giant of our club IMO.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #100

I would have thought 4 is enough personally. I thought our list was sheizen?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #101

I would have thought 4 is enough personally. I thought our list was sheizen?
Was merely commenting on the the number of of run withs on our list. Carrots can't get on the park, Curnow has a busted leg, Gibbs can do it but you lose a mid.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time